• Replies 237.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smiley73

• Crimson_Ayla

• Nyanna al'Meara

• mmeeshal

Dang touchpad on the laptop, I REALLY REALLY need a mouse. I typed a post out and then I went to delete a letter and bam, my browser went back a page instead. >:(

Anyway, that reminds me of a quote I saw once, that has stuck with me ever since: "Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard." Or some variation thereof. There are some things I'm naturally better at than others, and some things I stink at, but I won't be really good/proficient at anything if I don't actually apply myself to learning/exercising those skills I want to have. I mean, look at me and my sister. I have a better natural singing voice than she does. BUT, I never really worked hard on developing my musical abilities and never cared to learn how to properly use my voice, whereas my sister is a go-getter and works hard at everything she wants to do well at. So, she's a freshman in high school, but she's already made it into Opus Honor Choir, the American Choral Director's Association National Honor Choir, and has a good shot at making All-State this year, or at some point before she graduates. While I never made it into anything like that. :laugh:

If I've learned anything from her, it's that hard work is the key to getting what you want out of life. XD