• Replies 237.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smiley73

• Crimson_Ayla

• Nyanna al'Meara

• mmeeshal

and I don't think the mouse results can be directly applied to the human in this case who....

sigh. hate censorship and self censorship just made the day a little more dead

It is what it is.

yes. yes it is.

shiny snowy morning.

One day people will realize censorship is the work of the dark one.

I use to work with a guy who went to a church where they wouldn't allow there children to read Harry Potter.

it was a known evil when i grew up. lots of really good books written about it children probably aren't allowed to read now. being told i couldn't do something always made me want to do it a lot more so maybe people will figure it out again.

i was always alowed to read what i wanted. they knew i would anyway and it saved me cuting the covers off other books.

i do not get the harry potter issue at all. like it's the first story with witches and magic ever told to children or so seductive it will turn them all into baby sacrificing demon worshippers. weird.

and I don't think the mouse results can be directly applied to the human in this case who....

It is what it is.

yes. yes it is.

shiny snowy morning.

I use to work with a guy who went to a church where they wouldn't allow there children to read Harry Potter.

it was a known evil when i grew up. lots of really good books written about it children probably aren't allowed to read now. being told i couldn't do something always made me want to do it a lot more so maybe people will figure it out again.

i was always alowed to read what i wanted. they knew i would anyway and it saved me cuting the covers off other books.

i do not get the harry potter issue at all. like it's the first story with witches and magic ever told to children or so seductive it will turn them all into baby sacrificing demon worshippers. weird.

The zealots would have a field day with GRRM or even RJ.

It is what it is.

yes. yes it is.

shiny snowy morning.

not mainstream enough I guess plus the people who worry about those things aren't reading WoT and ASoIaF

It is what it is.

yes. yes it is.

shiny snowy morning.

it's a good thing they don't read much. RJ was a lot naughtier than people acknowledge. some parts of teh WoT read like the story of O.

but... they wouldn't read it or understand it if they did.

It is what it is.

yes. yes it is.

shiny snowy morning.

it's a good thing they don't read much. RJ was a lot naughtier than people acknowledge. some parts of teh WoT read like the story of O.

I believe GRRM is worse

It is what it is.

yes. yes it is.

shiny snowy morning.

not mainstream enough I guess plus the people who worry about those things aren't reading WoT and ASoIaF

*nods*

although grrm did manage to make it to cable.

As did Sword of Truth. *shudders*

It is what it is.

yes. yes it is.

shiny snowy morning.

*nods*

good lord I watched the first few episodes of Legend of the seeker and promised never again, it was terrible, didn't even stick to the storyline in the slightest

It is what it is.

yes. yes it is.

shiny snowy morning.

I believe GRRM is worse

I think Martin did it like he did b/c he isn't as good a write as RJ.

I think Martin took every taboo and ran with it.

It is what it is.

yes. yes it is.

shiny snowy morning.

*nods*

good lord I watched the first few episodes of Legend of the seeker and promised never again, it was terrible, didn't even stick to the storyline in the slightest

The only redeeming quality that show had was Kahlan is smoking hot.

It is what it is.

yes. yes it is.

shiny snowy morning.

I believe GRRM is worse

I think Martin did it like he did b/c he isn't as good a write as RJ.

I think Martin took every taboo and ran with it.

so you're saying don't bother then?

i'd just as soon wait for the TV as get involved in another series with no payoff, and one worse written...