• Replies 237.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smiley73

• Crimson_Ayla

• Nyanna al'Meara

• mmeeshal

points needed for each race are (out of 900), this is for a medical undergrad degree:

Black: 534

Chinese (I think they mean East Asian but okay): 660

Coloured: 578

Indian: 700

Open (white, mixed breeds like me I guess, international students too i guess): 700

Come to America--race isn't supposed to matter here

I wish I could because:

I can only imagine American uni's are better stocked and respected

Even though Apartheid ended about 18 year's ago and before my very birth I must pay for my parentage, something I had no control over.

Unfortunately barring a miracle/scholarship or bursary I don't have enough money to study abroad

Come to America--race isn't supposed to matter here

I wish I could because:

I can only imagine American uni's are better stocked and respected

Even though Apartheid ended about 18 year's ago and before my very birth I must pay for my parentage, something I had no control over.

Unfortunately barring a miracle/scholarship or bursary I don't have enough money to study abroad

well let's hope for a miracle then :D

My only requirement is that you come to a school near mine :P would be nice to have dm people close by. I SO LONELY

It's sad that race is such a huge factor.... It shouldn't be.

sad, yes, causing me immense stress, yes, could possibly lead to a complete emotional breakdown if I don't get accepted anywhere, almost certainly.

The reasoning is something like "evening out the odds of Apartheid" or "White doctors will just leave the country", the second one is BS. The first one many people say is just counter-racism. Unfortunately that's the system

sad, yes, causing me immense stress, yes, could possibly lead to a complete emotional breakdown if I don't get accepted anywhere, almost certainly.

The reasoning is something like "evening out the odds of Apartheid" or "White doctors will just leave the country", the second one is BS. The first one many people say is just counter-racism. Unfortunately that's the system

The best should get into schools. Race shouldn't be a factor. It doesn't for most schools here--and when it becomes a factor people get in trouble. People who work harder and deserve it more should get into the better schools. That's how it works

This is making me upset now :P suppose that's because I'm going to be a part of the education system

The best should get into schools. Race shouldn't be a factor. It doesn't for most schools here--and when it becomes a factor people get in trouble. People who work harder and deserve it more should get into the better schools. That's how it works

This is making me upset now :P suppose that's because I'm going to be a part of the education system

I'm getting acid reflux and jitters just thinking about it and I'm more than a year away from even applying...

*erases pyramid because they annoy some people*

I'm getting acid reflux and jitters just thinking about it and I'm more than a year away from even applying...

Ok, listen to me and listen closely.

If you're thinking of all of the ways you aren't going to get in this early on, you're going to freak yourself out so much that you're not going to get in. Take a few deep breaths, release the tension from your shoulders, and focus on how you're going to get in.

*erases pyramid because they annoy some people*

Ok, listen to me and listen closely.

If you're thinking of all of the ways you aren't going to get in this early on, you're going to freak yourself out so much that you're not going to get in. Take a few deep breaths, release the tension from your shoulders, and focus on how you're going to get in.

hmm will do, I think i got myself a little whirled up