• Replies 237.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smiley73

• Crimson_Ayla

• Nyanna al'Meara

• mmeeshal

tracking is evil. and unstoppable. might as well lease it, they'll take it anyway

they drop what we call creosote or cinders, but I'm not sure that's really what it always is. gritty gravelly stuff. and sometimes they'll paint some liquid stripes down the hard road before a storm but it only works for five minutes.

they destroyed us. the farms are pretty much done. the water is done.

we have a whole new population moving in with way more money to spend than anyone else, noa ttachment to the community... and not very... community minded interests in spending it. plus they don;t stay here long enough for us to benefit from the taxes their salaries would generate.

plus its become impossible to buy land to build on, becasue noone wants to sell the mineral rights.

but again, nothing you can do. your neighbors will sell and they'll just eminent domain you horizontally and get you from the side.

they destroyed us. the farms are pretty much done. the water is done.

we have a whole new population moving in with way more money to spend than anyone else, noa ttachment to the community... and not very... community minded interests in spending it. plus they don;t stay here long enough for us to benefit from the taxes their salaries would generate.

plus its become impossible to buy land to build on, becasue noone wants to sell the mineral rights.

but again, nothing you can do. your neighbors will sell and they'll just eminent domain you horizontally and get you from the side.

soooooo, not worth the fracking?

soooo not worth it, but... unstoppable.

lots of people try. good luck if you do.

too much money changing hands to stop it.

best you can do is negotiate well enough to escape and rent your home to the frackers and move somewhere else.

well people are trying, I fon't know how badly the government is going to ignore that, but yeah, people aren't liking it and elections are coming up, next year I think

yeah. people try. but other people do the math.

people with a few hundred acres... even a few single acres in a lot of cases... are gonna do everything they can to push it through.

and the frackers know what they're doing. and who to grease.

when people talked about it before it happened everyone was against it. but every last one of them sold out. some took longer, and because of that got more for it. but there's not a square inch of shale not under contract now.

there are a few inches here, a few more where i'm going, and a lot of ice. there's a particularly slimy quality to the roads which made them slipperier than usual. it's getting colder fast so that's turning to a sheet of ice. it's snowing harder with no sogn of let up, and it's very windy, and that's supposed to keep up.

so we'll also lose power at home, tho we have the generator here.

i think i'm making a judgment call. i'll wait a few hours, but i'm not having the drive of death tonight if i can help it. well, i'm having it while it's still light out anyway. and the traffic's light.