DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[s]Goal: 100,000 New Goal: 200,000[/s] New Goal: 250.000

Toy and Minion

considering you can buy a nice microfiber for like $5 that would seem pointless. but it's the thought that counts. i used to crochet blankets but the dogs always adopted them so i gave up.

Yeah, I like the idea of making things myself. It's not that he needs a blanket, it's that I'm taking the time to make one for him.

Also, I dunno. "Here, I got you a cheap $5 blanket for Christmas. Cheers."

vs

"Here, I spent hours and days and weeks and months knitting this blanket for you, because you're worth the time."

• Replies 237.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smiley73

• Crimson_Ayla

• Nyanna al'Meara

• mmeeshal

i always feel guilty and awkward getting gifts. especially homemade ones. like you can never thank someone ebough for that, and they have a mental tally of how much they should be thanked. not you, i'm talking about people i know.

Ah, right. Do they really, or is that just how you feel?

Cos yeah...sometimes I feel like I owe people something (like when there's no real reason at all for them to give me a gift but they do it anyway), but most of the time, I recognize that it's a symbol of their esteem for me. It's not about them, it's about me. Not everyone feels that way about gifts, I think it depends a lot on your culture, how you were raised, your family, your friends, and your personality; but in general, that's the accepted definition of what a gift is. It's free, no strings attached.