DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

AMoL PoVs

OptimusPrime

I am of the opinion that not all ends need not be met. If RJ's outlines were THAT thorough, it builds the opportunity for spinoffs. But if no spinoffs, then you have to tie the ends together. there is a LOT of room, as long as harriet or someone intimate with the work having editorial control, for spinoffs. Like "TWoT Age of Legends." that focuses on mundane stories about normal people during the war of the shadow, or "TWoT: The birth of Malkier." because as aviendha's visit shows, there will still beconflict.

Getting numerous POV's in the finale would damage the story in my opinion. the POV's should be limited to the last battle, andbe third person descriptions. I don't think there will really be any more PoV's from Rand simply because the readers will be asking questions of the dragon whole. Beter to be described in the third lperson. Only person that can be first person is Matt, but even in there, not so much because it will be mat who brings the seanchan into the fold.

I think mostof the book, until the last battle, will be from the women. Moiraine, Nynaeve particularly. Maybe, if Lan gets Logains help (becaue I believe it will be logain who leads the charge with Lan) Logain with get a couple POV places. yet, in general? I think ti will be the women don't most of the narrative.

For me if it was third person it wouldnt feel like a Wheel of Time book AT ALL. The PoVs are what make the books so awesome in my opinion, its all about the characters acting with limited information and that is still there. Even Rand Sedai in his almost-all-knowing phase of development still has his weakpoints and his ignorances, which can and in my oppinion should be exploited as they always have been.

RAND VS MORIDIN! A big buildup. Imagine it, a scene where both men have figured out how to make the other see their face, and we get a scene where they are staring at each other. Rand instigates it, all alpha male full power Dragon shit going on, hes looking for signs of Moridin not being able to meet his eyes as he thinks Darkfriends cant meet his eyes because hes the Dragon (read: Chosen) but Moridin looks right back at him, epic staring match, Rand takes note of the sa'a floating across Moridins eyes, thinks to himself "I am Nae'blis!" out of nowhere, and suddenly is made aware that Min had been standing in front of him and she thinks he was glaring at her, the bad stuff all over again.

Archived