DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

AMoL PoVs

OptimusPrime

What are your thoughts on the focus on AMoL? Who do you think will be the main focus? Just Rand? All three Ta'veren? The entire cast of the original EotW party, as in Rand Mat Perrin Egwene Nynaeve Lan Moiraine and Thom? Or some other combo?

Personally I would love to see it be a Rand book. My favorite books so far are Lord of Chaos and The Gathering Storm because of the focus on Rands PoV. Lord of Chaos has always been my favorite book because of Rand, and TGS was awesome because we got a perfect balance of Dark Rands PoV and seeing him through others eyes.

What I would really like is AMoL to be focused on Rand with the same balance of PoV and onlookers as TGS, which meant we still got a lot more of his PoV. Seeing Rand Sedai through other peoples eyes was awesome, but I really want a chunk of PoVs from him now. Id also like to see him through Mat and Perrins PoVs some more.

Overall Id say I would like to see Rand from the PoVs of Mat, Perrin, Lan, and Moiraine but way more than ANYONE else by miles, Moridin. I would LOVE it if Moridin was treated as a true plot-driving secondary character with regard to ONSCREEN content.

What about you? Whose PoVs do you want to see, and who do you expect will be focused on PoV wise?

-I want to see the actual reunion of RPM from Rand's POV, but I want to see scenes with the three of them together from all 3 POVs.

-I've waited years for a Moiraine POV again, so I want several from there.

-Several Forsaken POVs, too.

-A few chapters done like the Cleansing in WH. That many POVs just seemed to capture just how frantic everyone was, and I loved it. My favorite single chapter in the series.

-I want to see the actual reunion of RPM from Rand's POV, but I want to see scenes with the three of them together from all 3 POVs.

-I've waited years for a Moiraine POV again, so I want several from there.

-Several Forsaken POVs, too.

-A few chapters done like the Cleansing in WH. That many POVs just seemed to capture just how frantic everyone was, and I loved it. My favorite single chapter in the series.

I agree with you on all points. With regard to Moiraines PoV I am specifically looking forward to her thoughts to remind us of the time when she told Rand he would do well (actually I think that was in her letter to him but still) and more than anything Ive been waiting for Rand to tell someone about his connection to Moridin. Obviously he hasnt known who it was for long, but I want to see his thoughts on it some more. I really want him to tell someone about it, I think if anyone he will tell Moiraine, and if he does I'd like that from her PoV. And I dont want the text to skim over the conversation like it did with Perrin and Faile, I want a proper thing where Rand talks about it properly and I think Moiraines PoV would be incredible for it.

Re the Cleansing, the fast PoVs was awesome. I think it'd be good if, during Rands encounter with the Dark One we could get that rapid PoV change from everyone hes connected to, as in Mat, Perrin, Elayne, Aviendha, Min, Alanna and Moridin. And (PLEASE!!!) throw in a Dark One PoV in that sequence!

i want to see lots of Zen-rand... but what little i got from ToM I didn't like as much as old rand.. i mean i got really excited whenever there was a bit with rand hearing LLT like i would flick through the chaper to check if he has any crazy moments but now LLT is gone :sad: but i want to see how this zen-rand thinks aswell.. (since there was so little of him in the last book he has to have a fair chuck of the book soley alocated to him)

Moiraine will be cool aswell because she has missed so much and it would be cool to see how she reacts to everything (like egwene as amyrilin etc) but i didn't like her in TSR.. she was soo like "I want rand to do this, Rand needs to go to illian.. the prophise with the cursed one chained to his will is obviously sammael.." :dry: etc..

but the scene when she and rand will meet up in AMoL!! that will be such an epic scene since rand thought that it was his fault for her "death" for 7 books like so :biggrin:

not more perin though... even though his charater improved in ToM... i have always found him the most boring taveren in terms of POV and i had to put up with almost the entire book with him going on with his internal struggle blablabla... etc in ToM. (and he has sort of caught up with the everyone else now so i don't think there will be as much of him in the next book)

unlike most i liked egwene in TGS and ToM and i wouldn't mind seeing her POV again... she is want she needs to be like.. and with the FoM and organaising the WT for TG, she should have a nice little chuck of AMoL dedicated towards herself

and i also want mat to have lots of PoV's.. :mat::wub: with his awsume luck like :D hopfully, he will get a large part of AMoL..

I would like a similar mix as ToM, with the exception being that the Rand chapters are actually from his POV instead of those around him. I thought we got a good mix of Rand, Nynaeve, Perrin, Mat (maybe a bit more Mat in aMoL), Egwene, and Elayne.

I would completely remove the Gawyn POVs (nobody likes him anyway and we can get any info about him from Egwene's POVs) and put in some Forsaken, Black Tower ,and Tuon POVs in their place.

I'm hoping not too much screentime will be wasted on minor characters we don't care about (please, no more Gawyn...unless it's a death scene). I think this should be Rand's book as Perrin and Mat already got much of ToM.

Would also like to see:

- The Rand-Moiraine reunion from Moiraine's POV.

- Nynaeve deserves some POVs after getting so few in TGS and ToM.

- A Slayer POV where we find out more about his past and what happened to Isam/Luc.

- POVS from all Forsaken, especially Demandred.

- At least one Lan POV at the Gap.

- A Logain POV from wherever he is.

- A Taim POV.

- A short Jain POV as a Hero of the Horn.

From my part, I want to see:

- Logain => What the heck has he been doing since he's bound to become so glorious?

- Taim => Time to reveal Taim!

- Moridin => Of course Moridin. The closer to the end, the more crucial his role becomes. Actually, he's getting better and better by the book. I expect no less for the Grand Finale.

- Demandred => He's got to be doing something.

- Alivia => She's supposed to be important and all powerful right?

- Moiraine => Obvious

- Fortuona => But please, with the touch of Matrim Cauthon!

- Shaidar Haran => ??? Can he/it be that he'll break free from his bounds to Shayol Ghul? Is he a separate entity from the Dark One?

- Nyneave => Man, she IS the most interesting Aes Sedai.

- AS => the many we know and follow (Siuan, Cadsuane, Alanna etc...) because they all have some part to play still.

- Egwene => Well, it's an obligation... And she is Amyrlin, what will be the outcome of FoM for her?

And obviously, our 3 preferred ta'veren, bloody important they are!

- Shaidar Haran => ??? Can he/it be that he'll break free from his bounds to Shayol Ghul? Is he a separate entity from the Dark One?

Not to derail the thread, but it does seem like "Shai'tan" could be a linguistic corruption of "Shaidar Haran"...

Also, obligatory Bela joke.

And for something serious: Olver.

What are your thoughts on the focus on AMoL? Who do you think will be the main focus? Just Rand? All three Ta'veren? The entire cast of the original EotW party, as in Rand Mat Perrin Egwene Nynaeve Lan Moiraine and Thom? Or some other combo?

Personally I would love to see it be a Rand book. My favorite books so far are Lord of Chaos and The Gathering Storm because of the focus on Rands PoV. Lord of Chaos has always been my favorite book because of Rand, and TGS was awesome because we got a perfect balance of Dark Rands PoV and seeing him through others eyes.

What I would really like is AMoL to be focused on Rand with the same balance of PoV and onlookers as TGS, which meant we still got a lot more of his PoV. Seeing Rand Sedai through other peoples eyes was awesome, but I really want a chunk of PoVs from him now. Id also like to see him through Mat and Perrins PoVs some more.

Overall Id say I would like to see Rand from the PoVs of Mat, Perrin, Lan, and Moiraine but way more than ANYONE else by miles, Moridin. I would LOVE it if Moridin was treated as a true plot-driving secondary character with regard to ONSCREEN content.

What about you? Whose PoVs do you want to see, and who do you expect will be focused on PoV wise?

Howdy Drekka! ... I would love to maybe see AMOL Part 1 focused on the original EOTWers with Part 2 narrowing its focus to Rand, AND The Generals (Mat, Bashere, Ituralde and Karede for starters).

- Fish

The three boys being reunited with a pov from each of them would be nice.

Some prolonged dark side chapters involving the remaining forsaken. Ive always enjoyed them and some of those chapters or povs were among the more memorable in the whole series. For example Demandreds bookends in The Lord of Chaos.

Some more Fain. He should of had more involvement in the previous few books. A couple of pages in the prologue of the second last book isn't what he deserves. I know he'll show back up at the end but some check ups on him all along would of been nice, much more preferable than povs from random Aes Sedai.

I hope that BS just takes his time and doesn't rush to placate fan pressure. The last two books were great but some extra time to finish both could of been useful.

Howdy Drekka! ... I would love to maybe see AMOL Part 1 focused on the original EOTWers with Part 2 narrowing its focus to Rand, AND The Generals (Mat, Bashere, Ituralde and Karede for starters).

- Fish

Hows things Fish!? I never thought about the Generals/Great Captains actually. Something like... all the biggest commander names meet, PoVs from Ituralde and Bashere, and for some reason they dont like each other...

Ituralde: Hes good, I can see that. But theres something about him Im not keen on, hes a bit of a jerk.

Bashere: What a jerk. I would totally kick his ass.

The three boys being reunited with a pov from each of them would be nice.

Some prolonged dark side chapters involving the remaining forsaken. Ive always enjoyed them and some of those chapters or povs were among the more memorable in the whole series. For example Demandreds bookends in The Lord of Chaos.

Some more Fain. He should of had more involvement in the previous few books. A couple of pages in the prologue of the second last book isn't what he deserves. I know he'll show back up at the end but some check ups on him all along would of been nice, much more preferable than povs from random Aes Sedai.

I hope that BS just takes his time and doesn't rush to placate fan pressure. The last two books were great but some extra time to finish both could of been useful.

Fain definitely. I dont know about everyone else but I wasnt too keen on the way his PoV kept referring to himself as "the creature that ahd once been called Bob" followed by "the creature that had once been called Graham" followed by "the creature that had once been called Susan." It jarred a bit to read. Aside from that though I really like how his power level has progressed. That scene where hes in the Blight with Mashadar at his feet... awesome. Not so keen on zombie Trollocs but it does fit I suppose.

I also agree with the comments on Shaidar Haran. Im ANNOYED though, because the only time we ever see him close to doing something good was in TGS. Now I understand the whole reason why the Superfade stays hidden, but Im bored of that now. What I think would be awesome would be for Shaidar Haran to give a little pep talk to the Chosen in AMoL prologue where his words mimic Rands. "This is the time for war" yada yada. Get off your pasty white ass and kill someone then!

The creature formally known as ordeith, who was known before that as Fain, oh yeah, and he was also called Mordeth. It was a bit jarring as you rightly said but here's for high hopes.

Actuall it kinda reminded me of the skit in The Mighty Boosh which goes along similar lines.

"I go by many names. Some call me...."

Don't know if many of ye have seen it but you tube it

People who need to have multiple chapters to themselves, in order of how much they should get: Rand, Egwene, Mat, Nynaeve, Moridin, Moraine, Logain, Lan

People who should get a chapter: Demandred, Taim, Elayne, Tuon

Other people like Min and Siuane deserve time, but not a whole chapter. I'm working on a more detailed breakdown of how I'd like to see this that I'll post later tonight.

So, here's what I'd like to see happen. I'm not Brandon though, so it'll turn out much better than this. :smile:

Prologue: Bayle Domana, Valan Luca, Julin, Ituralde, Siuane. Some characters we like and who it'd be nice to see again, but who aren't important enough to get a chapter. I think that this would satisfy a lot of people who want to see minor characters again. I put Siuane here because a POV for her later would be out of place.

Early book: Mat, Perrin, Nynaeve, Moraine, Lan, Elayne, Min, Logain, Taim, Grendael. Let's get all the non-Rand major characters to where they need to be, rescued, caught up, et cetera BEFORE we go to Rand for the rest of the book.

Late book: Rand, Moridin: We can get a few POVs from other characters but this should be about Rand and Ishmael battling at Shayol Ghul. Other characters I think will get POVs will be Mat, Perrin, maybe Nyn or Moraine. Most of this part will be Rand though.

Epiclogue: Mat, any other main characters who survive. Basically just a run through of who is definitely still alive. Maybe we could see some of the characters later in life. I hope it'll be another epiclogue.

I think a Loial PoV would be good as well.

Loial! I knew I was missing someone. I hope that the Ogier come to the FoM to support Rand and then fight at Tarmon Gaidon. I'm sad that Loial has been gone for so long too.

Alright, I will split it into sections.

1. The main focus PoV's

2. PoV's I think will be there (like it or not)

3. PoV's I hope to see.

1.- I think the main focus will be on Rand this book. At least, the middle/end (depending on how much we get after the last battle).

-The beggining will have a focus on Androl and Pevera in the Black Tower along with Egwene at the FoM, possibly also Tuon attacking the White Tower.

- Mat will have some chapters commanding the battle, getting the Horn and interaction with Tuon/Egwene when the Seanchan attack.

- Perrin will have FoM chapters, trying to keep the peace, also him in battle etc..

- Nynaeve comming to Lan's defence. Linked with Rand and Moiraine (possibly) with Callandor.

2. - Loial with his Ogier

- Aviendha

- Moridin

- Demandred

- Elayne

- Ituralde

- Fain

- various random soldiers

- Cadsuane

- Min

- Faile

3. - Demandred - we need at least 3 PoV's after all this time.

- Moridin - insight into the DO's end game.

- Moiraine - at least one PoV.

- Logain - would be sweet

- Taim - same as logain

- a Sharan

- One of the Red Veils

- a 13 x 13 person

- Lanfear

- the DO

- Nynaeve comming to Lan's defence. Linked with Rand and Moiraine (possibly) with Callandor.

Dude. That would be AWESOME. Especially if it was roped into some Red Aiel dudes attacking Lan and the Callandor Crew gating in and laying waste.

Also with Callandor I'd like Rand to use some subtle games with the Aes Sedai, particularly Cadsuane. Lets say near the start of the book we get an early linking experiment with Callandor. Rand, Nynaeve and Moiraine link, with Moiraine in control. They try and figure something out with it but are unsuccessful. Rand says "Ok lets try again" but Moiraines too tired, so Cadsuane volunteers. Nynaeve grabs her braid, but doesnt yank it. Rands like "Ok thats cool, you can help." And then he looks at her and says "But Nynaeve will guide the flows." Nynaeve lets her braid go, looks Cadsuane in the eye with a very satisfied look on her face, and Cadsuanes PoV ends with an analogy for taking the crumbs you were thrown.

It's Tarmon Freakin' Gaidon. It needs to have everyone! It will probably focus on the Ta'veren and the girls, which is fine, but it does need to have them all. I think the way the cleansing was written is some indication on how the Last Battle will be portrayed.

Too many POVs will gum up the narrative. The pacing of the final book will need to be fast and furious. So sadly, I think we have seen our last POVs from many characters. I don't expect to see a Thom POV, or Suian, or any other secondary character. Maybe not even from Moirane or Gawyn.

I DO think we will see a POV from someone we haven't heard from yet, or at least not seen in a long time. Similar to our farmer in the orchard at the beginning of ToM. It's really a very effective way to single out major developments and infuse them with a sense of wonder. There may be a few hero-shot POVs like that of the Kandori commander in the prologue, just for emotional impact.

Archived