DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hey, you!

U4ea

I'm doing dishes! Normally not exciting, except my husband just finished setting up our first dishwasher and we've got it on our first run. I hate doing them by hand. The only positive of doing them by hand is that when my kids help we have time to sing and chat and focus only on us. Of course I can find other time for that and now my hands don't have to get all wet and wrinkly and I don't have to spend an hour scrubbing, drying and putting away.

Other than that I have been visiting family and tidying up after Christmas and rearranging almost everything I have in every room of my house. Yay for great new things for Christmas! I did so much better this year than I thought I would be able to.

I am hanging out on the computer in general..

I just finished reading ToM. Liked it..but where the hell was I when I read book 12? I don't remember any of it! LOL geez...drugs.

I'm also calming down from confronting Daddy about giving Mama pain meds...*sighs and needs lots of a hug* unc

Mostly I"m hoping my lovley sistertwin Lor bounes on here soon so I can tell her how much i ADORE AND LOVE MY CHRISTMAS PRESENT!!! I have my bery own bear now from build a bear..and not just any bear..Miss Holly Wasseling if you please in a red velvet dress with sparkly red slippers and an adorable duster cap...*grins*

*smiles* I'm so glad she got there! The outfit is called "Mrs. Claus" so you know I couldn't resist. I have the matching one with candy canes on my Angel bear by the door. :D *and hugs tight because dealing with Daddy can't have been easy*

ToM was good! I liked it a lot, though I have to admit to being let down a little by the scene we've been waiting for for a while. I won't say another word about it, since you'll know exactly what I'm talking about when you read it. ;)

And Kathleen... I refuse to live in a house with no dishwasher. I know that sounds rather... lazy? *laughs* but I HATE WASHING DISHES with a passion that borders the heat of a thousand suns. I will wash one here and there when it won't fit in the dishwasher, but otherwise... just no. So, congrats on the new dishwasher! :D

Onis, let me know what you think of Naamah's Curse. It felt a little like Carey was finding ways to make them miserable for most of the book and being unnecessarily cruel, to boot. What do you think?

And BaLe... that which doesn't kill you only make you stronger. Cold comfort when you're dealing with the crap life can throw at you, but it's the best I've got. *hugs*

I will let you know if I don't figure out what scene you're talking about!!

By the way, I will be looking for some interesting reads once this is over with, so suggestions are MOST WELCOME!! Please??

It's been a crazy time for me lately... my dad whom I haven't spoken to in years (and even then hardly spoke to) called me last Monday, I'm supposed to meet him on Friday to hang out and sort of get to know each other again =/ I'm a little flustered with my inability to figure out how I feel about it all.

Oh and I start school again on January 5th - I NEED TO FIND A PART TIME JOB cuz doing full time work and full time school will surely be the death of me.

What kind of stuff are you into? I mean, aside from the obvious WoT stuff. I've been reading a lot of Elementary level stuff, since we have an AR competition going on, but I have slipped an adult book in here and there, too. *laughs*

WOW! You've got a lot going on all of a sudden! Best of luck with your dad, school and the part time job, too! Make sure you're taking time to relax in the middle of all of that, though! Sounds like the potential for a big drain of motivation!

Ah yes I know that drain already... that's WHY I'm trying to find part time work, so I am not working my current 40-hour weeks in the midst of it all.

It's hard to say what else I enjoy because I just haven't found any books that compare to the Wheel of Time... I must admit I've read only a few other series since I picked these up about, say, 8 years ago? *blush*

If it helps, other things I've read in the past couple of years and found decent are...

A Clockwork Orange

Twilight

A Great and Terrible Beauty

The Anita Blake Vampire Slayer books

I honestly haven't read many complete fantasy (as opposed to paranormal fantasy) books outside of the Wheel of Time and the Xanth novels =D

Guest BaLefireP

Seeing as we are discussing books...

I am really into Science-Fiction of late, I really have enjoyed Arther C. Clark and Charles Sheffield.

I also like mystery and have read a few Agatha Cristy. :biggrin:

Onis, let me know what you think of Naamah's Curse. It felt a little like Carey was finding ways to make them miserable for most of the book and being unnecessarily cruel, to boot. What do you think?

So far I agree with you on the cruel bit. That's however a big feat she's done, getting me so engaged in the book that she has me upset with the cruel characters a lot. When I can truly get into the book like that, it is very well written.

I'm only on page 342 yet, starting chapter 50 now.

Archived