DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Blizzard plans for the next 4 years revealed

Werthead

A recent leak from Blizzard (via the Chinese office, which has resulted in sackings there) shows a production slate of their proposed releases over the next four years. Whilst the dates are not set in stone, they do reveal some of Blizzard's thoughts:

Q4 2011: Diablo 3

Q4 2011: StarCraft 2: Legacy of the Swam

Q2 2012: World of WarCraft: Expansion 4

Q1 2013: StarCraft 2: Heart of the Void

Q2 2013: Diablo 3: Expansion 1

Q4 2013: World of WarCraft: Expansion 5

Q4 2013: Titan

Q4 2014: Diablo 3: Expansion 2

Amongst the high optimism on display is the interesting title Titan, which fans immediately guessed was Blizzard's long-rumoured-to-be-in-development new MMO franchise. A Blizzard rep confirmed this, but would say no more about it. However, Blizzard had previously said that the new MMO was going to be a whole new IP (by the time it comes out, Blizzard's first original title in over 15 years), meaning this isn't the fan-suggested Worlds of StarCraft, but a whole new world.

• Community Administrator

Titans are the 'Gods' that shaped there world, in warcraft, so to speak, And its hinted taht the starcraft/warcraft universes are the same, so the Titans, could easilly be some 'Alien-God' like race yet to be f*cked with in starcraft. ;)'

How that relates to Titan as a possible code-name MMO, I dunno.

for all we know, Star-craft ghost isn't completely dead, but could be transformed into a starcraft mmo. Or, Titan could be all there worlds combined, plus some.

Titans are the 'Gods' that shaped there world, in warcraft, so to speak, And its hinted taht the starcraft/warcraft universes are the same, so the Titans, could easilly be some 'Alien-God' like race yet to be f*cked with in starcraft. ;)'

How that relates to Titan as a possible code-name MMO, I dunno.

for all we know, Star-craft ghost isn't completely dead, but could be transformed into a starcraft mmo. Or, Titan could be all there worlds combined, plus some.

Blizzard are adamant that this is a 100% new franchise unrelated to any of their previous games or worlds. I imagine it is SF, though.

• 1 month later...

Activision, who apparently owns Blizzard now, told their investors to prepare for a seriously bad 2011 because they've killed off their Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk franchises, expect no major releases from Blizzard - including Diablo III or Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm. I would assume this would bump the entire list down.

Activision not counting on Diablo III in 2011

Archived