DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Nature of Tel'aran'rhiod

Luckers

one thing i don't really understand.

it seems like Perrin after just a few weeks of training is now alot better in TAR than Egwene who has trained for a year or more, depeniong on the timeline.

Perrin, being a wolfbrother, has a great deal of natural talent in TAR. Egwene has some natural talent as a Dreamer, but I think of being a Dreamer as a much weaker version of being a wolfbrother (plus the prophetic dreams, which as far as we know, Perrin does not have).

Perrin has prophetic dreams in TDR, I think. He see the Supergirls captured IIRC.

Yes, indeed:

http://encyclopaedia-wot.org/prophecies/dreams.html#3

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My take on the ravens Min saw around Carlinya was that she was killed by a Bloodknive while they were fight Mesaana, so it was the Seanchan, whom are evil, that killed her.

Perrin is stronger in TAR than Egwene because he practiced in nightmares to help him combat Slayer, while Egwene is better at sending Dream messages and picking out who is who. She isn't really as good at battles as Perrin, since Hopper trained him far more effectively for that then the Wise Ones trained her for it. Same TAR, different strenghts in it. Perrin simply became awesome in it, and needs to train Egwene. She needs some pointers, including don't be a b*tch who ties up a friend during a battle against Darkfriends and Forsaken!

My take on the ravens Min saw around Carlinya was that she was killed by a Bloodknive while they were fight Mesaana, so it was the Seanchan, whom are evil, that killed her.

Perrin is stronger in TAR than Egwene because he practiced in nightmares to help him combat Slayer, while Egwene is better at sending Dream messages and picking out who is who. She isn't really as good at battles as Perrin, since Hopper trained him far more effectively for that then the Wise Ones trained her for it. Same TAR, different strenghts in it. Perrin simply became awesome in it, and needs to train Egwene. She needs some pointers, including don't be a b*tch who ties up a friend during a battle against Darkfriends and Forsaken!

No if Carlinya was killed by a Bloodknife in the real world, she would just have disappeared from TAR - the other As would not known she had died. She was specifically killed in a TAR battle by either BA or by Mesaana herself.

it seems like Perrin after just a few weeks of training is now alot better in TAR than Egwene who has trained for a year or more, depeniong on the timeline.

Perrin, being a wolfbrother, has a great deal of natural talent in TAR. Egwene has some natural talent as a Dreamer, but I think of being a Dreamer as a much weaker version of being a wolfbrother (plus the prophetic dreams, which as far as we know, Perrin does not have).

I'm not convinced there's much difference - it's never been expressly stated that you gain anything other than the ability to enter TAR as a Dreamwalker (not some kind of special power).

I'm not convinced there's much difference - it's never been expressly stated that you gain anything other than the ability to enter TAR as a Dreamwalker (not some kind of special power).

Perrin has actually been accessing TAR a lot longer than Egwene - he was in there from the very first time he entered the Wolf Dream - as Hopper told him.

Perrin has actually been accessing TAR a lot longer than Egwene - he was in there from the very first time he entered the Wolf Dream - as Hopper told him.

They started about the same time (in tDR) and that isn't counting tEotW when Ishy pulled him into TAR.

I think his skills over Egwene come from practical usage. When he and Egwene were first "truly" learning about TAR in tSR he was scouting out trollocs and fighting slayer, not much of a margin of error, if he did porrly on his lesson he died. Egwene didn't really have a whole lot of combat practice in TAR ([in part because she doesn't have much combat experience in general]and the WO called her out on it) while Perrin has done a whole lot of fighting in TAR. In fact, Rand, Nyneave, Elayne, and Suian have been in more fights in TAR then Egwene. Whenever she went there most of the time it was for communication and to gather intel by reading the notes on Eliada's desk. Perrin was in there fighting or gathering intel by sneaking up and seeing what the forsaken or slayer was doing.

I think the reason he schooled Egwene was because she doesn't know a whole lot about fighting in general or how to escape traps in TAR, which he had to learn how to do as far back as tDR.

Archived