DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What's Cookin' Good Lookin'

twinflower

I don't know about you folks, but one of my very most favoritist things is cooking the HOLIDAY FEAST! The more to feed the merrier! LOL

Everything from the menu of the meal, to the snacks and the sweets, to the table decorations! Of course I've been doing this for about twenty years or so now, but it is still fun, and I add something new or try to each year just for fun! Of course there are some traditional things you just don't mess with! LOL In my family that includes the dressing, and the green bean casserole, the mashed potatos and a fine bird for thanksgiving dinner! However...there are several different salads I've tried, and different kinds of bread as well!

Where as the Christmas Feast has turned into anything but the traditional! LOL

So let's chat about our Holiday cooking! WHat is your favorite menu or dish? Have any tips for making the best bird, gravy or dressing? What fun table favors have you used? Do you have special dishes for the holiday?

ied

*grins* Here is my tip:

The very best way to roast a turkey is in one of the Reynolds baking bags! It is so easy and I have never had a dry or underdone turkey using them! There is no basting, you just put the bird in the bag, pop him in the oven and in two or three hours...the perfect turkey. Moist..usually falling off the bone! The hardest part is getting mr. Turkey out of the bag! LOL

and my favorite NEW recipe I tried recently is Apple Cider Salad!

NEXT!

I get lots of compliments on my turkey being so moist and wonderful every year, but I'll be honest... I just put the little tin foil house on the top of him and put him in the oven. No one believes me when I say that, so I must have a magic (old, slow) oven... lol

lol Are you really asking what food is my favorite on Thanksgiving?! All of it. :biggrin: Stuff until you can stuff no more!

Last year we had 13 people at my house for Thanksgiving. We also had to take a trip to the ER the day before, in the middle of cooking, to get Vics ear stitched up. She took a face dive on the toy box. :rolleyes:

aww the poor thing. I hate seeing little ones needing stiches.

I've never had the oppotuniy to make TG dinner for the whole family. Mom has been making it for the entire (large italian) family for 40 years,*sighs* every year I beg her to let me make it for the family but her answer is you'll get to do it when I'm dead!*re*.

but my favorite dish is the stuffing, the in the bird with the gibblets! mmmmyummy! don't tell her but I've always though the turkey is very dry but maybe its because its usually around a 30 pounder.

I like all the sides!

mm now i'm hungry

Archived