DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Song of Ice and Fire

horus17

:( i just bought the first two of the series and now you tell me it's not finished *cries* first the DT and WoT now this!

Better not to bother with this. Not only is it unfinished (and will probably remain so), but also the quality takes a marked dive with book 4. Maybe HBO will be able to turn it into a decent product. We'll see.

Me lacking HBO and all I wonder if there's a way for me to get it streaming legally for a fee when it comes out. Hmmm...

No chance - but call your cable provider and ask if they have an HBO promotion. You can usually get a few free months (that's how I got to watch Hard Knocks once I learned the Jets were on this season)

Our cable company offered us a new package last week. Everything we have now, plus HBO and phone service for about $20 less. Yeah, we took it. We don't plan to actually use the phone service though. We've been cell phone only for six years now and haven't regretted it once.

A new behind-the-scenes video about the use of swords in the series. You can also see some filming with Jon Snow and Sam Tarly, and some shots of the actor playing Gregor Clegane practising.

Better not to bother with this. Not only is it unfinished (and will probably remain so), but also the quality takes a marked dive with book 4. Maybe HBO will be able to turn it into a decent product. We'll see.

Book 4 isn't as good as the first three and ends on a major cliffhanger, whilst Book 3 has more of a natural 'pause' point. Book 4 really needs Book 5 to complement it. However, whilst Book 4 is weaker it is in no way as series-destroyingly appalling as Crossroads of Twilight. And as we've seen, a series can even come back from that kind of debacle, so it's not necessarily a fatal problem.

Archived