DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

ENDER'S GAME! ENDER'S GAME! ENDER'S GAME!

Krakalakachkn

It was honestly better than I was expecting. Thought the kid playing Ender was pretty good, but older than I was expecting.

Near the beginning there was a screen with a 'days to fleet arrival' that seemed to be in months, so the school time, burn out time, etc was drastically shortened.

Ah yes now I remember that...  Maybe its because Ive read Shadow more recently but I cant stand how little time they put at battle school compared to the other places,

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is ender's game about?

Essentially, it's about a group of children training to be commanders in the fight against am alien species. (the rational is that children are more imaginative and think outside of the box, giving them an advantage). It's a really good story. So I won't explain anything more as I recommend you read it. The film is actually pretty close to the story, although it changes some things from the story, principally the time taken in training.

It was honestly better than I was expecting. Thought the kid playing Ender was pretty good, but older than I was expecting.

Near the beginning there was a screen with a 'days to fleet arrival' that seemed to be in months, so the school time, burn out time, etc was drastically shortened.

Ah yes now I remember that...  Maybe its because Ive read Shadow more recently but I cant stand how little time they put at battle school compared to the other places,

I think the Shadow series is in general a stronger story, but Enders Game is the intro the story needs. I might have to reread again soon though, I've forgotten a lot. I also didn't like the change to the ending, although I guess that means Val and Peter won't feature in the sequel if they choose to make them.

Archived