DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Mat's Plans

Luckers

The medallion is the only object that can hurt the golam (as far as it knows) but why not just trap it in a box(tightly sealed) and drop it in the sea.

A: it drowns(if it can?)

B: it starves to death(it is referenced in the books that it need blood to survive after all)

C: it's trapped until A or B are achieved

Theres other theorys out their involving travelling. Valid so long as we accept that old matty wont be the one who really kills it but i cant see it going down to any others hand but mat's.

By all means tear me apart guy i'm ready for ya :biggrin:

Edited coz i forgot to add C :rolleyes:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still think the genders of the gholam mean something. They were designed as assassins, after all, not ultimate fighters. I can't see there not being a few hooks to hold onto. As in, male gholam are immune to Saidar, and female are immune to Saidin. Granted, with Mat's medallion covering both, this could be totally wrong. But I just like the metaphor there. :)

I still think the genders of the gholam mean something. They were designed as assassins, after all, not ultimate fighters. I can't see there not being a few hooks to hold onto. As in, male gholam are immune to Saidar, and female are immune to Saidin. Granted, with Mat's medallion covering both, this could be totally wrong. But I just like the metaphor there. :)

Good theory - I always had to give Aginor a big WTF for creating sentient bloodthirsty creatures immune to the power. If you're right, there would at least be some kind of power check on the things. If I remember correctly, the Gholam whose POV we've seen is starting to like following its own orders. Too bad Aginor is gone, it would have been awesome (even if somewhat cliche) for him to get torn apart by a Gholam.

Good theory - I always had to give Aginor a big WTF for creating sentient bloodthirsty creatures immune to the power. If you're right, there would at least be some kind of power check on the things. If I remember correctly, the Gholam whose POV we've seen is starting to like following its own orders. Too bad Aginor is gone, it would have been awesome (even if somewhat cliche) for him to get torn apart by a Gholam.

I agree. killed by your own creation.

Archived