DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A week passes so fastly (Dash)

Liitha

Arya led the redbrown gneldring out of the stable, the big horse was much taller than her and she would have to climb the fence to get up and wash it on the back properly.

Tying it to the fence she climbed onto its back, carefully she started working out hte knots of its mane with her fingers before braiding it and puting it into knots. Sliding down she went and got a bucket of water, balancing the bucket on the fence she climbed up and then grabed the bucket starting to pour it over the neck and back of the animal before grabing some hay from her belt and then scrubing the horse down before again pouring over water.

Done with that she slid down again and refiled the bucket before starting to scrub the belly and legs of the animal, ending it by checking the hoves for rocks. She was just lifting the last foot, the left on the front and bending over it as she heard someone aproach.

Dashiva walked around near the stable set aside for the mounts the various Asha'men under his command owned. He regularly received reports, and on a tip he randomly inspected things himself to ensure accuracy.

In the first month of arriving here, a few Dedicated thought to send him false reports, and he'd given them a sound punishment that ensured everyone knew not to lie to him.

After his inspection, he toured the area, getting to know it so he could open a Gateway nearby if needed.

He slowed as he saw a smaller figure moving on and around a horse, and seized saidin to get a closer look without approaching. Noting it was his daughter, he decided to have a small talk with her.

Releasing saidin he walked closer, and stood a short distance away, waiting for her to notice him.

Finishing peeling out sand and feaces making sure there where no wounds she let down the foot of the gneldring and looked up. She froze as she saw Dashiva stand and look on her, asuming he was waiting for her she then moved and untied the gneldring removing the leadrope and leting him into the fence, shuting and securing the gate she hung the rope over the fence and then turned walking over to her father.

"Hello" she was unsure how to title the man, this was the first time she had met him since the day she arived.

"Hello", his daughter said walking towards him.

"Hello Arya...," he said quietly. "You can call me Dash, or Dashiva like everyone else does."

Stretching slightly, he stripped off his tunic, and tossed it over his left shoulder, folded so the lightning bolts on the sleeves were hidden inside the folds.

After a moment, he crouched down so he wasn't towering over her, and shifted the short sword on his hip so it wasn't jabbing his stomach.

"Hello Arya...," he said quietly. "You can call me Dash, or Dashiva like everyone else does."

Arya nodded, he crouched down and shifted on his sword, her eyes was drawn to it. One day she too would own a sword. Arya sat down on the ground crossleged, she wondered why his clothes where so difrent from the rest, they looked like some sort of uniform and when they went to his office she had seen many other with similar clothing so it obvious had some meaning.

"What branch of the band do you serve with?" she asked as her curiosity overcome her.

"What branch of the band do you serve with?"

Dash blinked, and shrugged slightly. "I, nor my men, are with the Band. We are allies, but we all have... a special talent." Looking down a moment, he decided to say it straight out, he should be honest with family.

"I'm a male channeler, and sworn to the Dragon Reborn. I lead all the channelers here at the Band."

"I, nor my men, are with the Band. We are allies, but we all have... a special talent." Arya tilted her head in curiosity. "I'm a male channeler, and sworn to the Dragon Reborn. I lead all the channelers here at the Band."

Arya frowned she had learned that male channelers grew mad and then the Aes Sedai came and caugth them. Her father didnt seem mad thoug. And there where so many tales of the Dragon Reborn, some scaring some less some said he would save the world other that he would ruin it, she couldnt belive her father to be a bad man, she trusted her mother to much and she had said he was a good man. Though some even claimed it was but another fake dragon, "Is he really real?" she wanted to ask about his channeling and the red ajah but she didnt know how he would be liking her mentioning madness to him, though it really worried her. She had just found him and hadnt even goten to do anything close to achivement that could make him proud, Arya frowned again unconsioulsy. She would not let an Aes Sedai take him away she descided, surely Mehrin wouldnt let them in or maybe the Dragon Reborn could protect them. It worried her though cause they where suposed to be able to do so many things acording to the tales, they could channel to.

Dashiva nodded to her question. "The Lord Dragon is real. I was at Tear when he proclaimed himself."

His mind took him back to Tear, where he'd accompanied the Asha'men and Dedicated who had gone to Tear. They'd been led by a false Dragon, and he'd been a simple Dedicated himself then.

He couldn't remember how many he'd killed that night, only the sheer exhaustion from having channeled for so long, battle after battle. He'd watched Covai's back there, protecting the senior ranks right upto when they had all gathered near the central chamber.

After the gathering, he'd collapsed and didn't recall much, but he did remember the true Dragon Reborn proclaiming himself.

Shrugging it off, he looked at her. "What else would you like to ask me?"

"The Lord Dragon is real. I was at Tear when he proclaimed himself." Arya nodded, her father had been there and seen the dragon, as well was leading his men, he must have some importance, this just made her even more determid to make him proud.

"What else would you like to ask me?"

Arya bit her lip and then descided to just go with it and blurthed out rather quickly, "I heard male channelers go mad and then the red ajah come and take them.." frowning she continued with a worried voice, "will they try to take you..." stoping a moment before having another thougth and quickly adding "..cause i dont want that, you dont seem mad" she was wearing a worried thougthfull frown on her face.

"I heard male channelers go mad and then the red ajah come and take them.. will they try to take you..."

Dashiva shook his head, "..cause i dont want that, you dont seem mad"

Dashiva reached out and gently laid one hand on her shoulder. "I'm perfectly sane," he told her, and in his head a whisper said right now. Shoving it away, he smiled slightly. "The Red Ajah won't come for us. Every last Asha'man is trained to resist, and while I don't want to, I would kill any Red who came after me or my men."

He stopped there, he couldn't reveal how many men there were at the Black Tower.

A heavy hand where laid on her shoulder, and Arya looked up into his eyes. "I'm perfectly sane," Arya nodded. "The Red Ajah won't come for us. Every last Asha'man is trained to resist, and while I don't want to, I would kill any Red who came after me or my men." Arya smiled relived upon hearing that and the frown left her face. "Good"

"I dont have more work till later this afternoon and its lunchtime...we could get some food and eat out in the sun" like a picnic she figured, well if he wanted and she rushed to add "if you want to" she hoped he did so she could get to know him bether

"Sure, I haven't eaten yet and I could use something to eat. It's a nice day anyways,"

Arya got up smiling, she would have time then to question him more, maybe learn how he knew her mother.

"But we'll need a lot of food, I can eat alot."

Arya smiled and looked at him, he was a big man it was but natural she figured, besides it had been payday the day before and she felt rich with the silver coins in her pocket, and knowing in a week there would be more.

"Do you want to go to the mess or down to one of the inns" the mess food was okey in her mind though she knew some didnt think it was all that, thoug surely the inn served bether food it was also more expencive.

"Do you want to go to the mess or down to one of the inns"

Dashiva thought a moment and shrugged. "Usually I use the tavern inside the Black Tower portion of the Citadel. It's not the greatest food, but I'm too busy here to cook myself. You probably know a better place than I do."

He smiled slightly and shrugged. "The Asha'men and I rarely explore more than needed to drop a Gateway anywhere."

"Usually I use the tavern inside the Black Tower portion of the Citadel. It's not the greatest food, but I'm too busy here to cook myself. You probably know a better place than I do."

Arya nodded and bit her lip, the fact was she didnt think the mess food was to bad and ate it happily so she wouldnt have to pay and could save her money up.

"The Asha'men and I rarely explore more than needed to drop a Gateway anywhere."

Arya looked up "what is a gateway" her look containing curiousness as food was forgoten for a moment.

Dashiva smiled at the look on Arya's face, as she asked the question. "A gateway is a... way to travel long distances quickly. I could leave from here, and go to my home in Shienar and be back here before an hour as passed."

Shrugging slightly, he looked around. "Have you decided where you want to eat?"

He felt a lot calmer now, with time to come to terms he had a daughter. He wondered why she wasn't afraid of him though, he could see it in a number of other Band members even if they listened to him.

Arya smilled happily her father could do anything it seemed, he truly was a great man as her mother had told her and she herself always thougth. She was no bastard like some called her, but the product of two amasing persons and she would go far not be just a street rat she would prove it to them all, and tell them she told them so looking in their eyes when she came visiting where she had worked, riding on her own mare with her father at her side then they wouldnt dare acuse her of having stolen Silver Arrow.

Her eyes where shining as her thougths spun, till she heard Dashiva ask where she wanted to eat. "There is a inn, i dont remember the name in the edge of the village not far from here, we could buy something there and have a picnic in the forest?" she looked on him for confimation. She had tasted the pie there with mushroom and forestbird in one of the evenings, the innkeeper was a nice big lady who had a piece to over that she had given Arya for free, telling her a story while she ate and the hours grew late infront of the fireplace. Arya smiled at the memorie.

"There is a inn, i dont remember the name in the edge of the village not far from here, we could buy something there and have a picnic in the forest?"

He frowned a moment, and touched one of his pockets, judging what little money he carried. Shrugging and nodding, he smiled again slightly. "If you want to eat there, that's fine. I'm not sure if opening a Gateway directly there is good though. We'll have to see how far it is on a map."

Arya had to bite her tounge not to gape, she would get to see how he did it, she hadnt minded the thougth of the walk it was not that far. But this felt m ore like an advnture, though they didnt have a map. *she looked down towards the village and tried to spot the inn or the roof of it, maybe it would help if she could point it out. She streached on her toes and thougth she could see it, then pointed in the general direction. "I think down there." she looked on him and smiled.

"her hand going to her pocket checking that her coins really where there. Her eyes aligth like only they could be on an excited kids face, even if she had manged through the summer it hadnt always been easy and beeing here now, able to relax, having her father, it all felt like a story in a book.

She waited to see what would happen, she had no idea how this gateway would look, she imagined it beeing some sort of door to open and step through or well she was not sure, and how did one make such a thing anyway. Would she even be able to see it, frowning she bit her lip thinking on that, of course all the stories of Aes Sedai they made all this big things that you could see. Maybe it was dificult thoug, she waited some more looking on her father then turning her head looking around if she missed something.

"I think down there." Dashiva smiled back slightly as his eyes shifted back in the direction Arya had pointed. He thought he could see a roof, but it might not be.

Touching his belt again, he formed the Void and seized saidin, bending it to his will. Gateway's had become a familiar thing to weave here at the Citadel, and he while he didn't know this area well, he wasn't going far so Travelling would work.

Glancing once more to check where he was dropping the other side, he triggered his weave, the familiar silver line quickly rotating into the hole.

Glancing through the hole, it looked like he hadn't quite gotten the location right, so he closed the hole, letting it turn back into a silver line which left a faint image on his eyes.

Weaving again, he altered it slightly, and the line appeared, quickly opening once more and he could see a building past a few trees.

"Does that look like it's the place you remember Arya?" he asked, holding onto saidin to keep the Gateway open.

Arya almost gaped as a sliver line poped out of nowhere and her father looked into it, then it was gone, but soon another poped up. This one widened and sudenly Dashiva turned to her. "Does that look like it's the place you remember Arya?"

Arya looked at the trees and looked amased, she looked at the hole and then past it down to the village, how could it be the same. The marvel of gateways had rendered her without a voice, she looked back at the gate lost at what to do now, was she ment to step through it like a gate...was what she was seeing really real?