DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What's In the Future For Graendal

Luckers

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which is kind of a problem for me--I mean after surviving so spectacularily, in a cross-book cliff-hanger, just to achieve nothing... I mean even if she does do something big in aMoL I think I'll still feel a bit disapointed in her. Of course, she was my favourite so I might be a bit tender on her.

Although that being said, I was thinking possible twists this could have. If one thing has been made clear about Graendal is that she's in the business of the Shadow for the perks. Sammael directly states that she'd spin on a dime if Rand ever caught her. A lifetime of sevitude and punishment would not appeal to her. Possibly even this one punishment will cross a line with her...

So yeah, maybe she'll turn on the Shadow. Or, if not that, maybe she will abandon the Shadow at a critical moment, and be the one Forsaken to survive TG. :)

Grandael got all the chances she was going to. She's a sex slave to Shadar Hairan now and her screentime, going by her last scene, I don't think we'll every hear from her again.

I certainly hope so. I don't like the way the author seemed to be setting up a grudge match between her and Nyneave. Nyneave already has big beef with Mogi, the last thing she needed was this h*bag coming at her too lol. She's not really dead though, and they might yet send her out on suicidal assassination missions where she personally fights.

It's a shame that such a promising baddie went out like this though. It reminds me of how Liandrin is now serving tea somewhere. Galina and Suffa deserve their horrible fates and I'm perfectly fine with both being removed from the main story, but Graendal was interesting.

Archived