DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Caught between a rose and a shawl

Durinax

I want to know whether people will think that Andor will  just become another AS fiefdom or will Elayne stand up to egwene? I personnally am hoping she will be able to stand up to egwene

Stand up to her about what though? As far as I can remember they are on good terms, and even have regular meetings in TAR. Is Egwene even planning on imposing herself onto Andor at all? Andor has had a good relationship with the WT for ages and I can't see that changing, especially with Elayne being Aes Sedai herself. I dont think that means that Andor is another AS fiefdom; it still has its own rules and customs and whatnot, its just where most nations hide the fact they have an Aes Sedai advisor, Andor makes it known.

I want to know whether people will think that Andor will  just become another AS fiefdom or will Elayne stand up to egwene? I personnally am hoping she will be able to stand up to egwene

Stand up to her about what though? As far as I can remember they are on good terms, and even have regular meetings in TAR. Is Egwene even planning on imposing herself onto Andor at all? Andor has had a good relationship with the WT for ages and I can't see that changing, especially with Elayne being Aes Sedai herself. I dont think that means that Andor is another AS fiefdom; it still has its own rules and customs and whatnot, its just where most nations hide the fact they have an Aes Sedai advisor, Andor makes it known.

I mean purely hypothetically like the AS decide to move their armies against the seanchan at the illian border and egwene tries to force elayne to move Andors armies down there although theres a seanchan army within striking distance of andor

Elayne of House Trakand is the Queen of Andor.

Elayne Aes Sedai (since Aes Sedai effectively divest themselves of their house names) is a sister of the Green Ajah.

Egwene can expect, even command, a certain level of obedience from Elayne in her capacity as AS. But, as Queen of Andor, Egwene has no authority over her whatsoever.

That being said, to quote Lan, no one refuses a summons from the Amyrlin Seat. Pedron Niall himself would have come, even if he spent the whole time trying to figure out how to kill her.

Indeed, an attempt to use her authority as Amyrlin to coerce the Queen of Andor (remember, we're talking about two legally separate personages who just happen to reside in the same body) could result in Egwene's removal. This is, in fact, the sort of high crime for which Bonwhin was removed by the Hall. Especially since this would necessarily bring in the forces of the Dragon Reborn - whether or not he's still alive - and even more than political maneuvering, it's this kind of disregard for the safety of the Tower and the sisterhood itself that got Bonwhin stripped of staff and stole.

I could see Egwene and Elayne arranging a public disagreement so that Elayne can prove to the people of Andor that she is no puppet.  The only problem with this is that it would weaken the Tower and I do not see Egwene allowing that unless something happened to threaten Elayne's position.

Archived