DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Mysteries of Cyndane

Luckers

RJ stated that the male upper strength is a couple of levels above the female (in reference to the fact that the female strength lay accross a 21 levels). Therefore Demandred's inference that Moridin is as strong as Ishamael means that Moridin was 'a level or two' stronger than Lanfear. As per RJ's comments.

There--you quoted it yourself. Why are you disagreeing with me? Moridin was stronger than Lanfear. The poster premise is wrong.

What I quoted was "several levels", which isn't equal to "one or two".

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really? You're going to be that pedantic? *rolls his eyes*

My point stands as it was FarShainMael. Moridin was stronger than Lanfear by [insert minor description of the distinction of] levels. Sorry about that terrible mixup in information.

I said 'as per RJ's comments', and that is indeed the case. Lanfear was the female upper limit. Rand and Ishamael were the male. RJ stated that the male upper strength is a couple of levels above the female (in reference to the fact that the female strength lay accross a 21 levels). Therefore Demandred's inference that Moridin is as strong as Ishamael means that Moridin was 'a level or two' stronger than Lanfear. As per RJ's comments.

There--you quoted it yourself. Why are you disagreeing with me? Moridin was stronger than Lanfear. The poster premise is wrong.

It was more a speculation than a premise.. Ah well.

We know male channelers strength grows much faster relative to females, why could it not simply be the case that there has not been enough time for her power to fully blossom in her new body?  I seem to recall AS being able to sense a prospects potential strength, but not necessarily what that will wind up being exactly. 

Also I've never run across the answer to this, if a transmigration requires a new host body that was 'on hand for some other reason', where or what is such a body on hand at?  Is it possible to game such a thing?  We see Moridin being served by attractive servants who have essentially had their souls stripped, could he not have them around serving a dual purpose, allowing him to determine which bodies the other forsaken get should they die?

Demandred seems to be a slightly unreliable narrator at times, does he specifically ever look at the *gars and get an accurate determination of strength?  I thought that with saidin you cannot as easily determine strength in the way saidar users can with each other.

Demandred seems to be a slightly unreliable narrator at times, does he specifically ever look at the *gars and get an accurate determination of strength?  I thought that with saidin you cannot as easily determine strength in the way saidar users can with each other.

Well we know from Rand that Dashiva was almost as strong as he was, so that at the very least suggests that nothing happened to Aginors strength upon his relocation.

Well we know from Rand that Dashiva was almost as strong as he was, so that at the very least suggests that nothing happened to Aginors strength upon his relocation.

The scene Duskfire has pointed to Rand mentions it's difficult to gauge another Mans ability unless they are holding Saidan.

Archived