DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

He's a black coated man, a black coated man.

Pevara's thoughts on the subject are quite revealing (KoD Epilogue). When she had been looking for clues as to which women would be willing to bond Asha'man as Warders, she noted that the Red's primary task of finding and gentling men who could channel tended to sour women on all men. So she's aware of that problem.

As for a slight twist.. in this same Epilogue, we are introduced to a minor character, one Saml al'Seen, who is described as a quick learner who doesn't need to be shown anything twice before he learns it. No wonder; he's from the Two Rivers!

:D Finally a legit theory, its got Luckers seal of approval. That was a seal was it not? Now I'm just waiting for Mr Ares to crop up with 'Your wrong.'.

>>> I am quite convinced Mr Ares would crop up with 'You're wrong', as he knows I would pester him for the rest of his life if he violated basic grammar like that ;D

Or possibly 'You are wrong', if he dislikes using contractions the way I do... ;D <<<

Ha ha ha, I was going to respond with this very remark about his grammar... but nowt I have to call YOU out for not putting a period (.) after the Mr.  Well, unless Mr Ares is the proper spelling and (non)punctuation for this person.

:-*

Ha ha ha, I was going to respond with this very remark about his grammar... but nowt I have to call YOU out for not putting a period (.) after the Mr.  Well, unless Mr Ares is the proper spelling and (non)punctuation for this person.

Mr Ares is the proper punctuation. Americans mess it up with periods coz they're silly.

Oi! We in the UK use full stops as well!  :P

You don't, actually. Or more correctly, you shouldn't. The English, like the Australians, are not supposed to utilize the full stop in titles.

The original reason the dot was misused in America was because of poor schooling during settlement. In the english of the time you would place a dot underneath an abreviated word--a rule which did not apply to titles such as Mr (from Mister) and so forth. In time that resulted in the misuse of the period, which was not actually the same as the dot that went underneath an abreviation--the period was a truncation, and followed after, not underneath and concurrent.

It has gotten to the stage due to Americanisation that the other english languages are following suit--but correctly, in the Queen's English, you shouldn't place a period after an abreviate title.

:P

Periods are what Americans call full stops. Which is to say this tiny little dot-- .

So there are dots, and periods (full stop dots??). And they are not used the same way

What is the deal with your punctuation, you english speaking - and writing - people?? :)

And about Saml al'Seen, it's not the fact that he is from the Two Rivers, but certainly the fact that he will be strong.

Well, you learn something new every day.. Now all I have to do is find out why OH uses ; instead of .,

@Demiandre: Period and full stop both refer to the same thing - the punctuation mark 'point' en français. 'dot' is usually used in web addresses - 'dot com'.

Also, I can't help feeling that the way Saml was so carefully introduced means he's going to be used significantly; and I'm certain the TR connection will be important somehow. I've got the same feeling about Bodewhin Cauthon, who's with the AS. Maybe they were sweethearts in the TR.

:D Finally a legit theory, its got Luckers seal of approval. That was a seal was it not? Now I'm just waiting for Mr Ares to crop up with 'Your wrong.'.

>>> I am quite convinced Mr Ares would crop up with 'You're wrong', as he knows I would pester him for the rest of his life if he violated basic grammar like that ;D

Or possibly 'You are wrong', if he dislikes using contractions the way I do... ;D <<<

:-*

'His grammer' I have a name. My grammar might not be the the goodest but at least I try to be polite.

I apologise if Im being cranky but there.

Archived