DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Most infuriating moment in WoT.

Silentvoice

People have said it before--but the Sea Folk. Aes Sedai may be annoying, contentious idiots, but at least they aren't outright mean. Tarmon Gai'don looms and they squable for gain.

One of my dearest fantasy is for one of the better Aes Sedai to be sent to answer the Bargain. It would go something along the lines of this.

Zaida: So, finally you land lovers fulfil your Bargain.

Aes Sedai: No.

Zaida: What?

Aes Sedai: You've assaulted Aes Sedai. Did you really think we'd ignore that?

Zaida: You filthy little--We knew you'd have no faith.

Aes Sedai: You are lucky we do not declare war upon you.

Zaida: You will pay for this. We will make the world know of this infamy.

Aes Sedai: We can have a sister, bound by the Power to speak only truth, swear that you broke faith first by assaulting Aes Sedai and abusing our alliance. That is if we even bother to respond to you. The Whitecloaks have been crying foul about us for a millenia, and they at least had some claim to moral authority and influence. You're what? A bunch of glorified merchants? The White Tower disdains your opinion, and the world will listen to us, not you.

Zaida: You can't speak to me like that. I am the Mistress--

Aes Sedai: You are a child screaming 'I want! I want!' whilst around you the world burns. Tarmon Gai'don is upon us and we march towards a confrontation with the single greatest evil this world has ever known. We have no time for the whinnings of children.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aes Sedai: You are a child screaming 'I want! I want!' whilst around you the world burns. Tarmon Gai'don is upon us and we march towards a confrontation with the single greatest evil this world has ever known. We have no time for the whinnings of children.

To be fair, noone in Randland seems to understand TG is upon them. AS seem more concerned with their image and WT, Elayne with Andor, Aiel about their survival after TG, etc etc.

But as you said, Sea folk does take it to a whole new level.

The Aes Sedai and Elayne and the rest at least acknowledge TG is coming--oh they fail in their reactions, but in there own deluded ways are doing what they think they should. The Sea Folk on the other hand only look to exploiting the situation for gain.

5. Elayne being a fool because she knows her children will be born and goes and gets captured by the BA. How many thousands of men died for her foolishness that day? Two sisters aswell. she completely disregarded her duties as ruler of Andor, her people, Birgitte, herself (just beacuse her children will be born, doesnt mean she wont be burnt out/loose several limbs.)

Oh man, I totally agree. And this is the person Dylin had so much faith in? Apparently since she was fifteen? She also did those sorts of things even before getting knocked up, in Winter's Heart if I remember right. I weep for the future of Andor. 

On another note, the fact that Elayne, Nynaeve and co. never learn from their mistakes annoys me no end. This ties in to my earlier post about the recurring plot point. Every single time they refuse to tell their friends and bodyguards what they're doing, every time they assume they know so much better, and every time this attitude inevitably gets them captured. Amazingly enough, Nynaeve, who embodies this trait the most, actually gets a lot better about it, particularly after she marries Lan...

One of my dearest fantasy is for one of the better Aes Sedai to be sent to answer the Bargain. It would go something along the lines of this.

Hattori, having Slate as a warder makes her one of my favorite Aes Sedai even if we haven't ever seen her really.

profbacon, ohh that. Ajimbura making it past the scouts was pretty sketch, but I just assumed that since the Band knew exactly how big the Deathwatch force was (and their proximity to the Passes) that they didn't care.

Archived