DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Taim is NOT a DF

13x13 was referenced as being used in the Age of Legends to Turn Aes Sedai to the shadow so we do know that it can in fact be done against their will but i think the question is would the Myrddraal be destroyed in the process of turning the Aes Sedai? if thats the case you would have to make sure the person you are turning is very valuable to the Shadows cause because to my understanding Myrddraal are only a % chance to be born to a Trolloc and i don't know how long a Trolloc breeding cycle is so even if Myrddraal are 5% thats not very many Myrddraal not enough to spare to turn the entire tower to Shadow especially if the Myrddraal is destroyed in the process. Taim would be a likely subject for a 13x13 turning even if the Myrddraal were destroyed in the process because he is in a seat of power in the Black Tower and he has direct access to the Dragon Reborn. So even if the Myrddraal are sacraficed to turn someone he would be worth the cost due to his access to Ashaman and the Dragon

To my knowledge, the 13/13 trick wasn't discovered in the Age of Legends, but in the Trolloc Wars.

I believe RJ (or BS) never told us what happens to the Murddraal.

You're wrong. Semirhage is mentioned as opposing it in the Age of Legends so..

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

13x13 was referenced as being used in the Age of Legends to Turn Aes Sedai to the shadow so we do know that it can in fact be done against their will but i think the question is would the Myrddraal be destroyed in the process of turning the Aes Sedai? if thats the case you would have to make sure the person you are turning is very valuable to the Shadows cause because to my understanding Myrddraal are only a % chance to be born to a Trolloc and i don't know how long a Trolloc breeding cycle is so even if Myrddraal are 5% thats not very many Myrddraal not enough to spare to turn the entire tower to Shadow especially if the Myrddraal is destroyed in the process. Taim would be a likely subject for a 13x13 turning even if the Myrddraal were destroyed in the process because he is in a seat of power in the Black Tower and he has direct access to the Dragon Reborn. So even if the Myrddraal are sacraficed to turn someone he would be worth the cost due to his access to Ashaman and the Dragon

To my knowledge, the 13/13 trick wasn't discovered in the Age of Legends, but in the Trolloc Wars.

I believe RJ (or BS) never told us what happens to the Murddraal.

You're wrong. Semirhage is mentioned as opposing it in the Age of Legends so..

In Chapter 2 of Lord of Chaos, it is revealed that she used the inhabitants of one of the cities under her control as guinea pigs to perfect the tortures she was going to use on the council members, forcing the remaining inhabitants to torture each other to death. She was as skilled at turning people to the Dark One as she was at healing, and as such any prominent prisoners were sent to her. Although it was Semirhage who discovered that thirteen Dreadlords working with thirteen Myrddraal could force any channeler to serve the Dark One, she dealt with most of the Aes Sedai herself, breaking them slowly. It was discovered during the War of the Shadow Semirhage held several field commands and was at the head of a network intended to root out spies and traitors. Although she had only an average ability as a general, she could use her considerable powers of persuasion to turn soldiers to the Dark One and send them against their former comrades.

TBH, I'd always visualized it that way - the DO seems to have an inordinate amount of influence over myrddraal, I'd presumed his hand in the "creation" of them - the so-called throwbacks to the human side being influenced by him or some such. I'd visualized them flying into the victim (much like banshees in WC3, yes I'm sad).

lol i didn't exactly see them being sucked into the person being changed i saw it more as them getting dissolved by the power like being a disposable Ter'angreal that once the change was Made the Myrddraal was consumed by the power it takes to convert that person.

TBH, I'd always visualized it that way - the DO seems to have an inordinate amount of influence over myrddraal, I'd presumed his hand in the "creation" of them - the so-called throwbacks to the human side being influenced by him or some such. I'd visualized them flying into the victim (much like banshees in WC3, yes I'm sad).

that-would-be-awesome!

love WC3.... best game ever!

Archived