DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Short (I hope) Ernesto LOA

Besolyn

I'll be gone for a few days. Ernesto is supposed to just graze us, but NOAA says winds will be gusting up to 50mph around my home, and the power company will turn off power at sustained 40mph winds (learned that from Charley). Schools are gonna close b/c busses can't run and all our schools double as shelters. Looks like tomorrow is gonna just be nasty (let's hope for nasty and not disastrous). Hope to be back online by Thursday, but these storms are anything but predictable (learned that from Charley as well). Last time we were told a storm would pass us by my whole county was WIPED FLAT, so I'm not taking any chances. Going home to "hunker down" (I've really come to hate that phrase!).

Bes

:D You have no idea! This was the most exciting let down I've ever had :wink: . I'm just glad I live in a rural area. Where everyone owns a chainsaw (or two) and neighbors still help neighbors, even when your closest neighbors are over a mile away.

This LoA goes for me, too! I can't make any promises about my power or internet connection past the first bands as they blow through here tomorrow morning. Here's hoping it's a minor Tropical Depression when it gets here (but enough to keep me out of school would be nice...) and that it doesn't mess with anyone's weekend plans! *glares at Ernesto threateningly*

Best of luck, Besolyn! Wear him out before you send him our way, would ya? *grins and winks*

*laughs* yeah, though I'm VERY glad it threatened us. I got the day off (they cancelled school) and I managed to cram in all the stuff I hadn't done yet for D*con. LOL It would've been horribly inconvienent to run around getting that shopping and packing done Thursday night...

Glad it didn't cause too much damage for you, either, dear! C'mon October...

Archived