DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Sylvase Theory (Re-Post For DMDB)

Luckers

Cyndane is obviously Lanfear.  (Either reborn in a new body or altered by the 'Finns.)

I'm just saying that if she is posing as Sylvase, since she's there already and Mat's headed there, she'll probably know it very soon.  They're likely to be in the same vicinity, even the same palace for a time.  The orders to kill him from the holder of her mindtrap will likely compel her to act in some way.  Likely his medallion will save him again.

Moridin could easily order Noal to kill Mat at some point using whatever compulsion he was messed up with, but I don't recall anything in the books that hints at it happening.

I'm just saying that if she is posing as Sylvase, since she's there already and Mat's headed there, she'll probably know it very soon.  They're likely to be in the same vicinity, even the same palace for a time.  The orders to kill him from the holder of her mindtrap will likely compel her to act in some way.  Likely his medallion will save him again.

Not necessarily though. Cyndane has experience in fighting a ter'angreal like Mat's from when she fought Alivia. She still managed to burn Alivia's arm near to the bone, and that with Alivia being able to channel, having an angreal (placing her at around twice Cyndane's strength, and protected by a coterie of other ter'angreal besides).

• 4 weeks later...

In a recent signing Brandon kinda put this theory in the trash.  :(

11. TheWindRose asked. Are there any forsaken around Elayne? Brandon paused for a moment, then said. So many people are trying to figure out where Demandred is, I am not sure I can answer that. Forkroot and I both said no not Demandred, we were talking Cyndane or Moghedian. Then we said for example some postulate that Sylvaese is Cyndane. he said "no, sylvaese is not a forsaken and was never intended to be.

11. TheWindRose asked. Are there any forsaken around Elayne? Brandon paused for a moment, then said. So many people are trying to figure out where Demandred is, I am not sure I can answer that. Forkroot and I both said no not Demandred, we were talking Cyndane or Moghedian. Then we said for example some postulate that Sylvaese is Cyndane. he said "no, sylvaese is not a forsaken and was never intended to be.

Don't worry! This type of answer failed to persuade some people that Taim isn't Demandred, so I'm sure the Sylvase Theory will have adherents decades from now.

More seriously, are there any transcripts of this signing? I tried googling your quote but couldn't find any.

Don't worry! This type of answer failed to persuade some people that Taim isn't Demandred, so I'm sure the Sylvase Theory will have adherents decades from now.

You know, a part of me would find it rather humorous if it turned out that RJ had been lying through his teeth at interviews, and we find out that Taim is Demandred, Olver is Gaidal Cain, etc.  In a sense, it would be both strangely vindicating and infuriating. 

Archived