DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lor's Seed Project

U4ea

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She's 2 and a half, Reyn, and a hand full to boot! I have no idea where she got that! *whistles innocently*

And yeah, she loves the dirt. In fact, I had a hard time getting her to do anything but fill up her bucket with potting soil out of my big container. *laughs* I finally got her to "smash!" the new dirt around the freshly planted plants to pack it in and she enjoyed watering the plants, too. *smiles* I took pics of her in her gardening apron playing in the dirt. I hope to get her additions uploaded into my garden blog sometime this week!

YAY for the plants sprouting Reyn!

I'm happy! ;D I just got some pineapple sage, catnip, and peppermint today! I'm thinking about a chocolate mint plant as well to make desserts with. I'm just trying to find some colorful or blooming perennial plants to grow in my apartment now.

• 1 month later...

OK, I mailed Twinny's, Reyn's and Torrie's, so ya'll should be getting yours soon.

Zarine, if you'll PM me the addy that'll get to you after next week, I'll get yours out and Cel, the UPS store wasn't able to print the customs sheet to mail yours (though I did try!). I'm going to print one, myself and take it over there when I get paid again, though! :D

Ya'll let me know when you get 'em!

Did I not already fall all over myself talking about how much I loved the package of goodies I got from you, Lor??

*great big hugs* thank youuuuu! I look forward to planting as much of this as possible! Just wish the shamrock plants weren't toxic to animals :( :(

I'll try to keep you all posted on my planting adventures :)

But my kittehs can get up to all my (very low) windows!

Hmm....

ok, let's try outside, then. Do you have a fence you can hang a hook on and put a hanging basket on?

Or, if not, maybe patio or deck space for something like this:

http://www.simplyplanters.com/planters/wall-&-hanging-planters/lusterleaf3basketpatioplanter.cfm

http://www.simplyplanters.com/planters/wall-&-hanging-planters/lusterleaf3baskettrifoldpatioplanter.cfm

(naturally, not these because they're VERY proud of their planters on this site... *coughs at the prices*)

OH and I have to show you what I found among the weeds of my yard today!!!!

(It made me giddy lol)

4694273443_c68db63514.jpg

I knew it was there but it only JUST started blooming pretty flowers... so I didn't think anything of it until now.

Does anybody know what it is??

Looks like a red Gladiolus, Reyn!

This is as close to that pic as I could get, but it really looks like gladiolus to me. :)

Those are sooo pretty when they're blooming! Just be careful, they can get pretty unruly and start taking over your flower bed! :D You should see lotsa babies next year, though! :D

Yay flowers! I need to take a pic of my yellow canna lillies that are blooming. I'm fighting to keep things alive with the heat, lately. I think I killed Peanut's pumpkins by waiting a week to get them out of the pot. *sobs*

I would not mind if they could knock out the weeds that surround them =P

I may have to even find some seeds of them or something, unless there's some way to just plant more from the one?

They'll spread themselves, I think.  My brother had some (they're bulbs, btw) when we were getting into gardening as teenagers and they got a little CRAZY in the bed he planted them in. It was beautiful when they were all blooming, though. :)

• 2 weeks later...

My garden has started fruiting! I will have tomatoes any day now! **Dances** All my peppers are coming out, too.

Lor, I got the seed project but have not had time to start it!  :'(  I am starting to hate this job. I hope to start soon! I want to let the kids paint the box. It will make a good project to get us through this heat. Is it as hot down there as it is here? I'm scared the heat is going to kill everything we have planted.

YAY! :D

I haven't started mine, yet, either. I've been waiting 'til everyone got theirs. Of course, I got a call from UPS saying that Twinnie's was returned (Lord only knows why!). *mutters and kicks UPS*

Anyway, yes, it's been unseasonally hot already. We've been over 100 for a few days this week and the only reason we didn't get over 99 today was because a cloud layer came in. We actually got rain today for the first time in 22 days (I'm not exaggerating, btw. The rest of Savannah got rain, just not the South Side. *mutters*). I hope my plants got enough to make them happy! I've been soaking them every other day, but that only does so much! I'm hoping my tomatoes don't die, too. I'm not terribly good at the "water every day" thing. *sighs*

lol, no offense, babe, but I've been to Michigan and, while it was lovely with all the snow, cherry fields and vineyards, I think I'll pass on moving there. I'm WAY too Southern to handle the climate. It would kill me.

*smirks* Seriously, I was very glad to go home after that trip. March in Traverse City is just too much for my "haven't seen snow in 10 years" self.

Archived