DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who wants to catch me for my spanking?

Pookie

Yovela's personality and background pretty much require a runaway attempt and I need a volunteer or volunteers to catch her.  My current plan is for her to make her attempt during daylight, having taken some clothing belonging to a kitchen maid off the wash line.  She'll pretend to be going into the city on an errand and be caught either at the gate or soon after crossing into Tar Valon.

I  think I'd like her to closely skirt the line between an offense that can be handled by the tower and something that could get her marched straight to the farm.  Perhaps Pia recognizes that sending Yovela to the farm and forbidding her to channel would be almost a reward, since she's rebelling against channeling in the first place?  In the case of her runaway attempt, poetic justice punishments make sense to me, meaning laundry and kitchen duty since she stole in addition to switchings and/or Aes Sedai/Accepted servitude.

For a later RP (thus unmentioned to our lovely MoN *grins*) I'd like to have her refuse to learn to channel.  My thought is to have her skip class for her first enrollment of Intro to Saidar (making the class I'm in now her second enrollment) but still show up for her non-channeling duties.  Part of the punishment in that case could be researching how Saidar has positively changed the world and either writing or reciting her findings to someone.  I think the punishment should go beyond that though.  Maybe even requiring her to do a task that would be meaningful and simple with the OP but difficult without?

I intend to have her resistance to all things One Power related hold out for a while, but during her Intro to Saidar class after feeling the joy stuff of touching the power, it'll become less resistance to touching the source and more resistance to learning new ways to use it.  The feeling of a child knowing they're doing something naughty even as they do it will linger at least to her arches and possibly to Aes Sedai-hood.  There might also be an element of "I'm doing something bad, so I might as well go whole hog and be downright awful" that slips in.  This may make her lean more towards Ajahs that are viewed as particularly meddlesome in the world (Red, Green, Gray, maybe Blue, maybe Black though they're hidden meddlesome). 

On a side note, maybe there's an accepted or novice who was sent to the farm for an infraction and resents that Yovela hasn't been?  Any takers?

Well, there is a White sister that I know of that would be quick to point out how much of a reward not being able to channel will be for the girl if you want. :) As for the whole thing, it might make it a bit more interesting to have several people get their hands on her before we're done with her.

• 3 months later...

Okay, here's where I am on this...

First, Yovela's going to have some sticky fingers to gather her travel supplies.  She'll take standard food fare from the kitchens, an extra shift and blanket from the storerooms, a maid's dress from the laundry, and a water skin, small coins, and flint and steel from some unsuspecting Sedai's room.

Once she's got all that together, she'll try to make her grand escape (the RP starts here).  She'll need another Novice to spot her, recognize her, and be mortally offended that SHE gets to wear real clothes and not Novice whites.  ;)  The kind of Novice who would still have the gumption to march off to the first Aes Sedai she could find and tattle or demand the same rights.  Perhaps someone who would also say "and look!  She's going into town.  I was told I couldn't!"  (I'd planned to have her just across the bridge when caught, but this can change if necessary.)  Anyone have a Novice who fits the bill? 

Then there's the Aes Sedai.  I'll need one to catch Yovela in her grand escape, one to be furious about her thefts, and one to dole punishment.  This could be all the same person or individuals depending on who all wants to play.  Still interested Taei?  :)  Does the MoN want in or does she just want a report on her naughty Novice?

I'd like Yovela to end up being one of those "children" the phrase "it takes a village to raise a child" was built for.  :D

Firstly, let me give this the official stamp of approval

secondly - I'm happy to sit this one out for now. However, if you have trouble finding an Aes Sedai to dole out some punishment let me know and I'll happily bring Pia in. Just remember she won't be punished lightly and probably won't sit well for a few days hehehe. Have fun!

• 1 month later...