DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Epiphany! The Prophecies of the Dragon, and how Rand survives TG!

mellojoe

The Dragon and The Dragon Reborn refer to the same person. The Dragon died, then when he was reborn he ceased to be The Dragon and became The Dragon Reborn. The Dragon Reborn can be (and is) referred to as the Dragon sometimes.

I don't want to be argumentative, but where has Rand ever been referred to as the Dragon, without the Reborn tag attached?  Just curious, I don't remember that ever taking place.  And I would have to disagree with the rest too.  LTT and Rand were/are different people.  They have different titles.  The entity known as the Dragon does continue to be reborn as both LTT and Rand are manifestations of that soul during their respective ages.  However that does not make them the same person.  LTT was not called the Dragon Reborn.  That is Rand and, the point of my original response to this post.  The poster was trying to say that the Dragon would bleed on the slopes of SG.  That would be incorrect as LTT is dead and gone for thosands of years and will never bleed again.  The Dragon Reborn is Rand. Period.

I don't want to be argumentative, but where has Rand ever been referred to as the Dragon

Yes, my Lord Dragon. No, my Lord Dragon. Three bags full, my Lord Dragon.

I get it though, if something says Dragon it is usually Lews Therin but not always.

Fair enough.  These pop up every other page. Should of thought of that. I still say that when we talk of the Dragon Reborn, we talk of Rand, which, when we try to interpret prophecies, becomes important.  The prophecies call him the Dragon Reborn, not the Dragon, no matter how many lords, ladies, soldiers, and servants call him My Lord Dragon. The distinction is important, otherwise we would drop the reborn crap and call him something else. 

I don't want to be argumentative, but where has Rand ever been referred to as the Dragon

Yes, my Lord Dragon. No, my Lord Dragon. Three bags full, my Lord Dragon.

I get it though, if something says Dragon it is usually Lews Therin but not always.

Fair enough.  These pop up every other page. Should of thought of that. I still say that when we talk of the Dragon Reborn, we talk of Rand, which, when we try to interpret prophecies, becomes important.  The prophecies call him the Dragon Reborn, not the Dragon, no matter how many lords, ladies, soldiers, and servants call him My Lord Dragon. The distinction is important, otherwise we would drop the reborn crap and call him something else.  

Twice dawns the day when his blood is shed.

Once for mourning, once for birth.

Red on black, the Dragon’s blood stains the rock of Shayol Ghul.

In the Pit of Doom shall his blood free men from the Shadow.

When the Dragon is Reborn he will break all oaths, shatter all ties.

The Stone of Tear will never fall, till Callandor is wielded by the Dragon’s hand.

The Stone of Tear will never fall, till the People of the Dragon come.

Archived