DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hi. I'm me. I'm here now.

The Outsider

I actually first registered in 2004 but then stopped posting when I saw how many spoilers there were (I hadn't read the last few books - and still haven't though I plan to on my current read through. You see, instead of reading the new ones I started re-reading through the series. I had a couple of long hiatus from the series where I read other books, lest anyone think I have taken two years on a straight read-through, but I am now on book eight.

I've also just installed the WOT video game, though you can read about that elsewhere as I posted in a thread about it somewhere.

My interests outside of WOT include Doctor Who, Pink Floyd, playing video games, and following Cardinals baseball.

Perhaps I should put some of that in my profile. We'll see if I get around to it.

So, uh, maybe if anyone actually reads this you can introduce yourself. Then I'll feel like I know you if read you in another thread! :)

hi! lol

welcome to DM! yes! be careful with spoilers! they are mostly at the book-discussion boards, but you should still be careful!

and your name is interesting! its the title of a book I used to love when I was younger!! its written by Susan E. hinton. maybe you ahve heard about it??

nice to meet you!!

Hey welcome Outsider, become an insider, (especially in the Band). yeah there are spoilers, but oh well.

I read the books in 7 months, I was spending a average of 4 - 5 hours a day on it, sometimes more, it was awsome, I finished in Feb, and I haven't started reading again...yet. My fav book is either tEotW or TSR, the Shadow Rising because it has soooo much PERRIN the first, because everyones just sooooo.....inocent, they have no clue whats going on.

Well, welcome, and as I said JOIN THE BAND

Shen an Cal....Cal...whatever

and your name is interesting! its the title of a book I used to love when I was younger!! its written by Susan E. hinton. maybe you ahve heard about it??

I have read that book. And seen the movie. I think there was a short lived TV series on FOX back in the early 90's as well. The Outsiders was also the name of a popular Pro Wrestling tag team consisting of Kevin Nash and Scott Hall, and ALSO was a fictional group of renegades in the Doctor Who serial "The Invasion of Time" from 1978. None of which has anything to do with my choosing it as my multipurpose online moniker (I use it at other sites as well).

Hey welcome Outsider' date=' become an insider, (especially in the Band). yeah there are spoilers, but oh well.

I read the books in 7 months, I was spending a average of 4 - 5 hours a day on it, sometimes more, it was awsome, I finished in Feb, and I haven't started reading again...yet. My fav book is either tEotW or TSR, the Shadow Rising because it has soooo much PERRIN the first, because everyones just sooooo.....inocent, they have no clue whats going on.

Well, welcome, and as I said JOIN THE BAND

Shen an Cal....Cal...whatever

Hi. I never got around to reading book 10 because of other things on my list, and was even unaware of New Spring for awhile after it came out. I got that and then started reading again from the beginning in 2004 cause it had been so long since I had read some of the earlier books that I didn't remember well what had happened. You see, I'm not big on re-reading books I've already read, so this is only my first re-read. I originally started reading the series in either summer 1991 I think. So for the earlier books, it had been quite some time since I had read them.

TEOTW is definitely one of my favorites. I like it, and the other earlier books, because they are so epic. The newer books are still great, but definitely less epic.

The Band (I asssume that's for Cauthon fans?) could be of great interest to me. Mat has traditionally been my favorite character, though I will have to see if that changes in the later books. Book nine is as far as I got before, and I'm not sure if I will like where his character goes based on where he seemed to be heading from my now sparse memories.

I think I'll wait till I have finished KoD before I make any decisions. :D

Guest Egwene

Hello Outsider... glad you are giving it another go!!

As Danya was saying... you will find spoilers on the book discussion boards. Just ignore those until you are happy to 'be spoiled'..lol. However, don't let that stop you enjoying the rest of the boards. Come along and join in... be it serious discussions, fun threads or writing and roleplaying... there is more to this place than WoT :wink:

Quick question:

Is there something wrong with the quotes on this site, or is it just me? Because, rather than seeing quoted text "lifted" or whatever, I just see it as regular text with the tags around it. On my posts and others.

EDIT: Never mind. It seems to be working now...

Guest Egwene

you'll find the odd technical hic-up, Outsider... these boards have only been up and running for a few months since the whole site was upgraded... admin are still making small changes here and there... if you see a problem go to the Help Desk... you'll either find the answer there, or can post the question.

Archived