DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[POLL] Adding traveling and eating to our Org

Jeannaisais

Would you participate in either of these threads?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Would you participate in either of these threads?

• Yes, but only "To Eat or Not to Eat"
    • Yes, but only "Break the Bank or Stay at Home"
    • Yes, for both
    • No

Looking around, it is difficult to realize that the Band of the Red Hand also delights in Travel and Eating, as well as music. In order to gain more awareness in the traveling and eating side of the Org, I am thinking of running threads similar to the "Tune or No Tune" thread that Corki has every week.

For Eating.....

This thread would be titled "To Eat or Not to Eat" (ignore the English major's Shakespeare reference...)

In this thread, Banders can suggest to me by PM various meals they have tried or would like to try from around the world. Every month will concentrate on a different country and hopefully we can find a way to mention every country in the world! I will give a run down of what the meal is, how it is prepared and post a picture of what it looks like. Next, all Banders must do is vote on whether this meal is "To Eat" or "Not to Eat"

For Traveling....

This thread would be titled "Break the Bank or Stay at Home"

Here Banders can suggest to me by PM various places to visit. I will research the estimated cost, post a few pictures of the scenery and/or attractions and also give a brief description of why to go on that particular trip. Next, all Banders must do is vote on whether they would "Break the Bank" and go on this trip or "Stay at Home" and wait for a better trip.

NOTE

Just as posting in the Tune or No Tune Thread counts towards activity, these threads will also provide more opportunities for Banders to earn more points!

Also, if you would post any suggestions you have to improve these threads, please let me know here!

Glad to see the positive responses so far! Hopefully I can get this started during my Christmas break! And again, if you have any ideas to improve these or have suggetions for meals or places to vote on, please let me know!

Firstly, thanks for getting something up here, Jea! This has been an area where I have struggled for ideas on how to incorporate them as activities into the ORG, despite being part of our ORG theme.

Some good ideas, and participation would definitely be linked to roll call points! Let me finish my last exam on Tuesday and we'll see what we can get in place for the new year!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Doing something similar to "Battle of the Bands", we could pick 16 cities across the globe, and each Regiment could pick a monument from that city to champion as we conduct the "Battle of the Landmarks".

Similiarly, that contest format could be done for countries and find a city/location to champion, i.e. for Italy, it could be a battle between Rome, Venice and Florence to be the Champion.

Just flotting some ideas out (gosh, is this what happens to my brian when you are meant to be doing personal tax returns?).

Archived