DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

buidling a town

RodOfCorrection

No worries  ;D *smoochies*

Edit:

After trawling through the staff boards and the old site, I found this map which shows more than the one posted earlier. As Rae and Claire thought, the Freelander Centre does exist, in the Four Kings/Caemlyn area by the look of it, and it's part of the South board not far from the BT's Farm:

drpswmap.jpg

http://web.archive.org/web/20030623031636/www.drpsw.com/drpswmap.jpg (Bigger Image)

Yeah I know, can't sleep again, don't nag sis  ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I remember the freelander center from way back in the day (under Raeyn), it never got used too much though, which was a real shame... but as someone already said, perhaps this is an idea whose time has finally come.

I love Serey's suggestion of rival families... being that the center is in Andor perhaps they could be noble houses of andor.  I know folks like to play nobles and do the game of houses thing so this could be good.  Andorans aren't known for the great game like those from Cairhien are but, let's face it, Elyane found that the nobles didn't just roll over either.

The location of the freelander center doesn't help the seanchan players much BUT, perhaps once they are in talks with the dragon they will find the center a good place to send emissaries instead of having him come to them or vice versa.  As good a reason as any for a nominal amount of the seanchan to be there (even blood) while not being a seanchan held area.  Similarly it would be true for the Aiel. 

The center could be a hub of trade, fencing stolen goods, we could establish that the grand masters of all the world's major guilds/skills/trades are here to train and educate the masses so… even the noble from some far off land might have a reason to come to the center… to learn.

I know we have several characters out there who are scholars so we might also say the center has an extensive library of collected lores … gives even Ogier, WT and BT reason to visit.  And, if we are willing to fudge things a tad, perhaps there is a small stedding inside like there is in Tar Valon?

Just some random thoughts of mine.

To be completely honest THIS is exactly what freelanders is missing.  Every other division has an inbuilt location for rp and “first rp” that is standard for new players (example: White Tower/MON  or MOT) to come in and be able to do.  Because your first post is often the hardest to write… I think not having this discourages people from joining FL Division.  Additionally, it can be intimidating for players to find direction for characters that don’t have their path mapped out in the books already (example: everyone knows how rp will progress for the girl who goes to the WT or the boy who signs up for TG but there are sooo many options for a freelander it can sometimes seem like there is nothing to do or nothing going on.)

With an easy way to enter play and become involved with fellow freelanders & easily to see future rp opertunities, I think the numbers will grow and possibly blow away even WT Div.

I really like Miyas post about this.  I was having a little difficulty with a starting point for my character and the idea of a hub for Freelander trade/goods/services trade really has me excited.  Also, the idea of rival families puts a top spin on the whole idea that would make any role-play involved in the city a web of intrigue and add in a sense of danger that exists in all the main RP hubs.

Can anyone else sound off or add to this idea?  I would love to see this take off.