DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

MLB Off-Season

WWWwombat

• 3 weeks later...

So there are rumors flying about about the Red Sox trading for Halladay.  We wouldn't have to give up as much as J.P. Ricciardi was talking about so I'd be down for it, but the Jays don't have to trade him until the deadline next year so they may wait until then.  Also, I have a feeling the Yankees will sign Matt Holliday =\

• 2 weeks later...

So . . . how do you guys feel about the Granderson deal?  I mean, the Yanks landing an in-his-prime all star CF with power to RF in exchange for a reliever, a SP prospect who flamed out, and an OF prospect who, if all goes well, might eventually be good has to make you Red Sox fans happy, right?

So . . . how do you guys feel about the Granderson deal?  I mean, the Yanks landing an in-his-prime all star CF with power to RF in exchange for a reliever, a SP prospect who flamed out, and an OF prospect who, if all goes well, might eventually be good has to make you Red Sox fans happy, right?

-.-

So it appears the Phillies landed Halladay and sent Lee to Detroit while the Red Sox signed Lackey.  That would definitely be an upgrade for Philly but I think the big winners in that deal would be Seattle assuming they didn't have to empty their farm system.  I've never been a big Lackey fan but he always seems to do well so we'll see about how he does with the Sox.  The plus to signing him is that all the Sox have to give up for him is a compensatory pick.  I think Theo is in love with Casey Kelly and of course Buchholz is probably the best pitching prospect out there right now.

Wow.  First Granderson and now Vazquez and both for really cheap?  What the hell is going on?  The Braves just gave up a guy who finished with a 2.87 ERA, 238 K's, and only 44 walks for an obsolete and overrated Melky Cabrera and one good prospect.  It was a good time to trade Vazquez but you have to get more for him than that.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright so the Red Sox just got Adrian Beltre for 9 million for one year and a 5 million dollar player option for a second year.  This is a pretty good deal imo given that I don't think Adrian Gonzalez is likely to be moved anytime soon.  The Sox have had a good off-season but the Yankees have had a terrific one.

I forgot to post about the Bill Hall trade when it happened.  It's a pretty minor deal but I follow all things Red Sox so I'm posting about it.  I think it was a good deal for both sides.  Hall hasn't played shortstop since 2006 (here's to hoping he reverts to the form he was in that year  lol) but I think he could back Scutaro up or start against lefties.  He could also play 3rd base or outfield if Beltre or Cameron struggle or need days off.  As for the Mariners, they got a solid young player in Kotchman.

Archived