DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Is moridin a fool or is shaitan clueless?

sheikh chilli

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, I can sometimes have a feeling of almost touching another person when talking to them on the phone. I have never felt that I had an inbuilt compass pointing to them, or knowing their health and emotions with certainty. Like Rand *knowing* that Alanna is sulking, for instance.

Your emotional problems are rather irrelevant don't you think? You do not have a link with the person you are speaking to on the phone, you don't see them in your head, or know their thoughts. At least I damn well hope you don't think that.

As for the rest, as I stated this link is not the bond--he does not feel emotions, or state of health, nor does he know directions. He does however hear thoughts and feel the ability to connect his soul to Moridin's.

Dissesemble all you want, you can't escape the reality of the strength of such a linking. And as such my point that Moridin must be concerned about the results of breaking that link stands.

Now you are wildly speculating to save your argument and throwing in ad hoc claims about "effects of the soul-link" and "time requirements for transmigration" and "Moridin fears the Dark One's paranoia".

Yes, because I am known for wild, unsubstantiated arguments.

Whilst your scrabbling to deal with that, would you care to respond to my 'wild, ad hoc claims' which remain utterly relevant.

Could you please clarify you view? You first stated "the reiteration of the no-kill order makes no sense from the Shadow's perspective--but it does from Moridin's." If the OD has ordered Rand to be killed, then revoking this is a major betrayal. But this is apparently not your view. If the DO has ordered Rand to not be killed, then there would no conflict, so that is not your view either. Does this mean that you think the DO has forgotten to give any new orders regarding Rand after cleansing? Or that the DO said after the cleansing "Do whatever you feel like regarding Rand"? Please clarify your view.

No one said the Dark One ordered Rand's death. The Dark One ordered that the cleansing be stopped, and was ok if Rand died in the doing, but there is nothing about him directly and specifically causing Rand's death. So yes, there is no need for the Dark One to issue new commands, his commands were related to the Cleansing specifically.

As such Moridin re-iterating the no-kill order is no direct betrayal (though his reasoning is, should the Shadow learn of it).

I've stated all this before. What needs to be clarified?

Could you please clarify you view? You first stated "the reiteration of the no-kill order makes no sense from the Shadow's perspective--but it does from Moridin's." If the OD has ordered Rand to be killed, then revoking this is a major betrayal. But this is apparently not your view. If the DO has ordered Rand to not be killed, then there would no conflict, so that is not your view either. Does this mean that you think the DO has forgotten to give any new orders regarding Rand after cleansing? Or that the DO said after the cleansing "Do whatever you feel like regarding Rand"? Please clarify your view.

No one said the Dark One ordered Rand's death. The Dark One ordered that the cleansing be stopped, and was ok if Rand died in the doing, but there is nothing about him directly and specifically causing Rand's death. So yes, there is no need for the Dark One to issue new commands, his commands were related to the Cleansing specifically.

As such Moridin re-iterating the no-kill order is no direct betrayal (though his reasoning is, should the Shadow learn of it).

I've stated all this before. What needs to be clarified?

Ah, yes, as I suspected, you are assuming that the DO has forgotten to issue any new orders regarding Rand after the Cleansing. Which would leave Moridin without a clear order regarding what to with Rand since the prevous order (as reported by Moridin) assumes that the Cleansing has not happened. So Moridin can then after the Cleansing decide himself if Rand should be ordered to die or live.

But of course the DO has not done this. Rand is likely the number one thing occupying the DO's thoughts and attention. He has certainly clearly stated if Rand should live or die.

Fact is you arent thinking enough to actually understand why they change the order. Thats why you're ridiculing it; because you dont understand it.
yes.
Says it all.

it's not that i am not understanding the whole thing. its that you simply read the books at face value and gobble it up. you don't think. neither do you question.

your perogative. don't really care to be honest

Fact is you arent thinking enough to actually understand why they change the order. Thats why you're ridiculing it; because you dont understand it.
yes.
Says it all.

it's not that i am not understanding the whole thing. its that you simply read the books at face value and gobble it up. you don't think. neither do you question.

your perogative. don't really care to be honest

And face value is, they change the order because circumstances change. If you had a plan, then something came up to hinder it, you would work your way around it by changing the plan. If the second attempt didnt work, try something else. Its common sense, face value. There are millions of things that go deeper than face value regarding the Shadow but why they change the order doesnt require anything other than face value attention. It is obvious, and reasonable from the PoVs of those who change it.

yes.
Says it all.
it's not that i am not understanding the whole thing.
You just said you didn't. Keep your story straight.
its that you simply read the books at face value and gobble it up. you don't think. neither do you question.
You know nothing about me. Don't pretend you do.

Archived