DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Twilight Series... Yeah, I'm about to go there. :P

Doselan

• 2 weeks later...

The worst boot-licking propaganda in the history of literature is "Twilight" series. Next comes the later books from harry poter. Mindless, lack of philosophical value.

If you want fact, read this books:

http://www.amazon.com/Death-West-Populations-Immigrant-Civilization/dp/0312285485

oh, by the way, I don't live in USA.So there is nothing to be gained by me. I just hate sexual infedility, and promiscuity with a passion. Curdles me inside. God knows why. I believe, western culture is the only culture that can prevent such mindless sex all around. Really quite pathetic.

It is Grace and intelligent that separate us from animal, it is grace and creativity that makes life interesting.

If intelligence is what separates us from animals, how is it that the more ways we find to employ our intelligence the less chance the Earth has of surviving?

And if you want philosophical value to the books you're reading, try not reading cheap fantasy ;)

OT: read the books, watched the movie, nothing special. The books are quite better than the movie (as expected of any adaptation) but not much. Better than some, worse than a waaaay greater number of book I've read.

If I had to rate it, I would say 2/10

The worst boot-licking propaganda in the history of literature is "Twilight" series. Next comes the later books from harry poter. Mindless, lack of philosophical value.

http://www.amazon.com/Death-West-Populations-Immigrant-Civilization/dp/0312285485

oh, by the way, I don't live in USA.So there is nothing to be gained by me. I just hate sexual infedility, and promiscuity with a passion. Curdles me inside. God knows why. I believe, western culture is the only culture that can prevent such mindless sex all around. Really quite pathetic.

It is Grace and intelligent that separate us from animal, it is grace and creativity that makes life interesting.

What the hell are you talking about? Lol.

lolwut?

Your mindless spouting is quite silly. If you read the novels, you'd know they waited to have sex until after their marriage. And what's more Patrick Buchanan is a bloody idiot. So long as he professes some moronic belief that Hitler didn't want war, no one should take him seriously. The man shows blatant racism, and while some of his views may have started out good, he is horribly lead astray.

Also, lololol @ me defending Twilight. Must be cold in hell.

Wow, totally missed this topic, but I'll necro the OT simply because my evil minions make fun of me when I talk about it there. :P

I like Twilight. My husband liked Twilight. My brothers, sisters, parents, friends and Final Fantasy 11 buddies that I nagged until they read it liked it too. I think for the audience it was intended for, it's great. Is there better material out there? Sure. And truly there is much worse out there they could be reading at this point. If I take out all the trite annoying Bella-teen-angsty-ness of it, I think I could almost love the books. Not because it's smart or life-changing, but it's a fairly easy read that is entertaining and nice to pick up and put down when your one year old is eating dirt out of the plants in the kitchen. And I really like the new twist on a timeless myth like vampire lore. 

And I'm a sappy romantic. >..>

Like, really sappy. I keep it buried.

Now, I HATED the movie. I thought the screenwriting was horrible. Key points were left out, and I felt like the make up and some of the interpretations were off. I wasn't a fan of the color scheme within the movie, because it made it hard to really see their golden eyes--which for myself really set them apart from the rest of the students. I thought Robert Pattinson is a young guy really trying to do a good job. I also enjoy salivating while he's on the screen. I felt like Kristen Stewart interpreted Bella's clumsy shyness as nervous-emo and made the character really annoying.

I am actually looking forward to New Moon, because Chris Weitz (Golden Compass) is directing it, and from what I've seen on the trailers, it looks like it will be a bit more fun, though New Moon is really the darkest book in the series, so I'm not sure how you interpret 'fun'.

Breaking Dawn was my favorite book, but I think it was because a lot of things were resolved. I know that a lot of the men in my family were REALLY epically bummed out that the ending didn't end up in a big war, but I felt like there had already been a big epic battle in the books--and that was Bella surviving birth and being reborn as a Vamp. I loved reading through her experience, and getting to really understand for the first time just what it is like to be a vamp. Yeah, it was predictable and yes, everything was wrapped up in a pretty little bow at the end--but we really have to remember that this series is geared toward a very teen audience. The ending played out exactly the way it should have. :)

Grace and intelligence? *ponders* I disagree. I believe it is our freedom of choice that separates us from the rest of the animals God created. And that is the main theme that runs through the Twilight Series. It is pure fantasy of course, but I think that most of us can imagine some of the anguish Edward and his family feel, going against their natures, trying to be good. They are not perfect; but they try, and keep on trying, even though they remain in a constant state of temptation.  :)

On a lighter note, I really enjoy the sound track. It's now one of my favorite CDs to play on my way to work. I like all of the songs, but Super Massive Black Hole really starts the school day off right.  ;D

Intelligence causing trouble? Ofcourse, Just like newton and da vinci did. Just like brilliant kids now-a days are leveled as un-cool and geek.

Freedom of choice? Thats a matter of perspective. It needs intelligence to make right choice. Wrong choice gets people in trouble.

Ofcourse the libereal will try to discredit anything that points to the truth.The book is great and full of facts.

Oh, I wasn't reffering to the sexual issue of the Twilight series. I was marking something else.

Just try to find out the main reason and people responsible for USA's jobs trouble, wars and etc. And keep an open mind. You are asking for freedom of choice, but to make a choice you need to know that facts. Try to find out the facts first. And just because the media says something is "right and cool" doesn't make it so.

Intelligence causing trouble......hu...ha...ha...ha...thats got be the most ridiculus things I ever heard.

Intelligent created Nuclear....intelligent people use it to produce electricity, the twisted people use it to bomb.

I said Intelligent and grace(that includes moral values as well. I didn't mean simple beauty by "grace"). My mistake, I should have used responsibility  and morality instead of grace.

Intelligence causing trouble?

:) That's not what I said. Where did you get that?

Lol.  My wife would probably bed either one of the two at this point... Though she'd have to wait a few years for Taylor.  :P

What am I doing in this forum?I feel ashamed to be here.

:) That was a joke. And yes, you don't belong in this thread if you can't understand the topic and stick to it. Of course this nation has its problems, but they were here long before Twilight, and they will be here no doubt long after Twilight is forgotten. If you have nothing to add pertaining to the Twilight series or movie, please leave this thread and start your own thread about your favorite topic. I'm sure there are people who are interested in debating that and they will follow you there.

Archived