DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Approved BT Bio for James Cordon - CCd by WK

DM Handle:  hardlyaaron

Contact Info: aaron152002@hotmail.com

Character Count: 0 in the BT, 1 pending in the Warders Div

Character Name: James(Jim) Cordon

Nationality: Illian

Physical Characteristic: Brown shaggy hair with his traditional brown beard, upper lip bare. Eyes are a light blue. He is about 5'7 and stocky.

Physical Description: Nothing outstanding about his features, an average man.

Personal History:

Ah you do be stickin out lick a sore thumb between all these fool Tairens, Jim thought to himself as he pushed his way through the throng. James Cordon, a tall stocky man, had just arrived in Tear from Illian not more than a half a day and immediately he felt out of place. Rumors of Aiel everywhere had shown nothing of the sort in this area, but then not even those savages whose blood very well could be ice would be seen in this sort of odd weather. Snow covered everywhere except the streets which were pure mush due to the mass of crowds that herded through. Fortune prick me if I do find a soul that knows of the wagons and if I do they'll likely skin me for it.

James Cordon had made his long journey from Illian the moment he heard the rumors, the Dragon Reborn had proclaimed an amnesty for any man who could channel. Come and learn from the Dragon himself. He had even heard rumors of men in coats appearing through magic doorways to recruit any man who could channel, or had the desire to find out if he could. James had seen no such men and no such doorways, so here he was. Far from home, left at a moments notice and under some fool notion to see if he could channel.

Muttering an oath at a man playing at being a Warder, Fool probably stole that bloody cloak or it do be a poor imitation of a Warders bloody Cloak, Jim rounded the corner and nearly walked directly into a man wearing a black coat. On the mans collar was pinned a sword, he stood of an equal height to James, but something in those eyes made him seem twice his own size. Not only that but that oily, pointed beard marked him clearly as a Tairen. James scowled and squared himself, preparing to get a fight here if necessary.

"You better watch where you're bloody going boy, you might catch yourself walking straight into a school of lionfish," the Black Coated man sneered.

"Oh save me yer fool fish drivel boy, an don't speak again unless you be able to point me to the Asha'man wagons," Jim had never gotten the Tairen obsession with fish himself, but he was in no mind to find out now.

"Ah so you are looking to come to the Tower eh?" The Tairen's sneer only depended, "Then you have come to the right place, we were departing soon anyhow, but I think I would like to get a fool Illianer back soon to see your mettle tested. I have an idea already on how much a Blackfish could actually channel."

The Tairen's cruel smile said not much. James merely gritted his teeth and nodded as he was made to go stand by three other men, another black coated one at the back of them. They followed the Tairen down a side street and after a flash of light the end of the alley turned into a farm with a wall being put up around it, a half built city covered in snow. The man stepped through and the five followed through after him. James eyes had gone wide before, but stepping through they grew wider. The stories were true, everything he had heard was true. He had, but one step left now...He had to know if he could channel. He had traveled this way for one reason, power and glory, but now came the part that was left up to fate. Did he have any ability?

James trudged after the Tairen, trudged because the snow was up to their knees and far deeper than in Tear. Dreams of Power and Glory had brought him to the rumors of the Black Tower, since he was young he knew he was destined for greatness. His father was a minor lord on the outskirts of the city and his mother was the keeper of an inn in the city, given to her by her father when he passed some time during the Aiel War. His own father spent little to almost no time with him and he lived on his estates somewhere outside of the village, his mother was not the wife of this lord, but the two spent enough time together to be. James would learn later that his Father had another family and that they lived under far better circumstances than his mother and he did. However in a minor skirmish between a force of rebels that sought to take control of his father's lands, his father's two sons had died, it was then that he confronted James and his mother telling them of his lands and James' rightful place as heir to his estates should he die.

James did not tell anyone, but inside he was furious. Livid that his father had hidden another life from them, had his mother known? There was only one thing to do to this man who called himself his father, and to his mother if she knew. Late one night he walked to his mothers rooms in the back of the inn, she sat finishing a letter for supplies they needed and smiled up at him.

"What do it you be needing, my boy," She asked.

"Mother, about Father..." The Fury seemed to reach a boil. "Did...did you know?"

"My son," her eyes narrowed on him, hurt in them. "I knew, but I could no rightfully tell my son of his father's deceit."

"You knew," He nodded slowly, and he knew...knew what he had to do.

The Night was later still as his horse arrived at his Father's estates. Sword buckled at his side, he had barely picked the thing up before tonight, but it was not hard to use if you caught someone unaware. He stalked warily up to the door and opened. Inside the home was quiet, very quiet as he moved softly throughout the house searching for his father's bedchamber. There he lay, fast asleep in his room. So comfortable as he had been for years while they sat wondering whether the supplies would last, whether they'd make it through the drought or not.

"Do it quickly son, if you do be havin the heart to do it at all," Came his father's voice.

"Fortune prick me if I do no want to," James seethed. "An' as fer the heart I do be havin' more of one than you do."

"Heart or no, without me you be havin no coin nor power," His father laughed softly. "I have more than you ever would."

"I do come to tell you, father. I will answer the call of this Dragon, false or no," James could feel the silence now. "I will learn to channel and learn the sword. And when I do I'll be back to make sure your head is placed on pike when I do be done."

Thinking of why he'd even left had him angry again and he glared at the Tairens back. He would prove his worth to his father, then kill him.