DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Help

damane

i was just sitting here beating my brain trying to figure out some way i could help my niece and her unconventional family.

i thought maybe some of my DM family could help me.

If you don't believe in Gay Rights then i understand if you don't want or care to help.

The following link is a story of their fight. i appreciate all of your input and advice.

Well, this is hogwash.

If you raise a child decently, kindly and lovingly, It's yours. Family isn't about genes, it's about loving and caring. If that's present, then f*ck anyone who disagrees. Hope I'm not offendig, but still. Makes me mad.

They seem to be a very happy family, and that is what counts. Kids brought up in 'normal' fmilies can suffer all kinds of problems, mental abuse, physical abuse and sexual abuse.

I'm not sure how you can help damane. Over here I wasn't married to the father of my daughter, but we went and filled in a parental agreement at the courts so that in the eyes of the law he had a right over her (It's something I deeply regret now, but thats another story). I wonder if there is anything there that could be the same. There must be something they can do in the law that makes the partner a legal parent.

If they have been together for ten years, then it seems to me, having this child was something they both agreed to, and even though ones isn't the biological parent (obviously) doesn't mean they can't be given that right. They would allow a step father or mother to have parental rights, so I see no reason why they can't.

It is hogwash.

The stand i wish they would take is on the premise that the sperm belonged to Cari(hold on i'm getting there). See the biological father donated the sperm to Cari, so therefore it made it Cari's sperm. Right? Cari then inseminated Kim(my niece) at home with her own two hands. So doesn't that make Khaya her child since it was her sperm?

Just wondering what y'all think of that argument.

It's quite a complicated issue, I guess because, from blood children aren't born.

I still believe that as they are in a loving relationship and it's what the mother wants then her parner should be allowed parental responsibility. This can be done with male/female couples so this is no different.

Archived