DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who is stronger?

Zagorac

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Believed to be the most powerful of the Chosen in the use of the One Power, he was equaled by none but Lews Therin Telamon himself.

So, ares thinks the writer only BELIEVED him to be the most powerful Chosen, but she KNEW that he was EXACTLY EQUAL to LTT himself. Very interesting. Who did she think could possibly be stronger than LTT?

In this context, equaled can mean the same as or greater than. The Believed part was stating that she thought that he was the strongest chosen rather than some other, unknown persons being stronger.

Given that you have no idea what my standards are, you wouldn't know if you saw it.

I haven't seen ares even giving it a try. I have seen enough of ares questioning ALL the evidence to know what his standards are. Only thing I haven't seen him questioning is a bunch of "POSSIBLY" that were given in the BWB.

In this context, equaled can mean the same as or greater than.

Yes, that's what I thought also. Others disagree.

The Believed part was stating that she thought that he was the strongest chosen rather than some other, unknown persons being stronger.

I agree with what you said first. She didn't KNOW (for sure) that he was the strongest Chosen. As far as she could tell, some other Chosen might be stronger.

Archived