DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A more permanent cure. (Attn Kyn or anyone who wants to teach)

Tigara

It was a calm day. A gentle breeze rustled the leaves in the trees, whose leaves were just beginnning to retreat into deep reds, golden oranges, and vibrant yellows. The morning sun shone brightly, making the entire city of Tar Valon seem to glow. There was nothing wrong with the day.

Melianna stepped into the Warders Yard, shielding her eyes from the sun. Her brown skin looked pale and her cheeks held little color. Her tan training dress just hung off her, she was so skinny. She looked very out of place here in the Yards, mainly because she was. Even if she wasn't an Accepted in the White Tower, she didn't look as if she could pick a sword up.

Larindhra, the ever kind and caring Mistress of Novices, had made some arrangements with Thera, the equally kind and caring Mistress of Trainees, for her to go and train with the Warders for a day. Something about her getting sick all the time from holing herself up in the library and getting worn out from all the Healing. She didn't see the need, but she wasn't in a position to argue.

Looking around, she saw all sorts of classes and training and sparring going on. Her teacher....was supposed to be here. She had no idea on even a name, but she said they would be expecting her. So she stood and looked around, looking helpless and lost...which she was, but it always helped to show it. That way, someone might ask what she needed. She hoped...

Melianna Hollmen

Accepted in need of exercise and sword training

Kyn had been asked to oversee the training of a particularly reticent Accepted. He was leaning against one of the many posts when she appeared in the yards. He noticed several of the trainees stop to look before a harsh rebuke reminded them where their minds should be.

Kyn pushed himself off the post when the poor girl looked as if she was about to run screaming back into the tower. "You must be Melianna, yes?" Kyn didn't really need an answer. "I'm Kynwric Gaidin, Thera asked me to see that you learned well. Do you have any questions for me before we begin?"

Meli found herself quite frieghtened by her teacher. He was tall and thick, the type of man you wouldn't want to meet in an alleyway. And that grace, oh! The way a Warder moves just has something that freaks her out. It seemed so...unnatural. Not that channeling the One Power was any more natural, but that didn't make her like it any more.

The scary man introduced himself as Kynwric Gaidin. She thought she had heard the name before, but wasn't sure. I think he is bonded to a Green...maybe. She never payed much attention to who bonded who and all. She likely would never have a Warder. She didn't hate men or even dislike them. She just...had other things on her mind and she had no plans to leave the Tower, thus making a Warder no more than a Tower-bound packmule with muscles. And experience says that they are trained for more than hauling books and ter'angreal around.

"Umm, yes. I am Melianna, Kynwric Gaidin, but you may call me Mel." Meli replied, sounding polite if not a bit reserved and afraid. "Umm, what kind of traning will this be? Will be be using swords?" She shifted around nervously. She dearly hoped they wouldn't be using real swords to train. She didn't know if she could lift a steel sword without the One Power, let alone survive a spar with a full Warder. But...an Aes Sedai wouldn't put her in a situation where she could be easily killed....would they?

Melianna Hollmen

Afraid?

Umm, yes. I am Melianna, Kynwric Gaidin, but you may call me Mel. Umm, what kind of traning will this be? Will be be using swords?"

Kyn fought the urge to smirk, if this had been a trainee he would have jumped on that you cal call me line like it was nothing. Accepted, however, were not trainees. "Firstly we have to make you capable of wielding a sword and that will mean working on your strength and endurance. So to start we're going to run, we're going to run 'til you can't stand it anymore and then run a bit farther. So if you are ready?" Kyn paused a moment and then began to run at as trot, waiting to see what pace Melianna could keep up with. He'd then push the pace just above that for the run.

OOC: this is a jog, just to gauge Mel's fitness, so just post the run in one post and we can do questions at the end. Also, where do you want this to go. I am assuming you're going to be picking up WS further down the road.

• 3 weeks later...

Meli sighed a little bit. Running. She could do that...maybe. It didn't require any lifting or defending or sharp objects. Yes, this could very well be much better than she originally anticipated. She was about to reply when Kynwric Gaidin started trotted off. I guess we're starting right away, then. She  started off after him, constantly fighting the urge to hike her skirts up past her knees. They are divided! No need for that. She gave a short burst of speed to catch up with her teacher and then tried to match his pace. It wasn't a very hard pace, but she already found she was running short of breath after just a few short minutes. Light! Am I honestly in that bad of shape?

The run took them all around the Warder's Yard, going past bunkers, dining halls, and all sorts of accomadation, not to mention who knws how many different sparring matches. She really liked watching the full Warders train with each other. It looked very much like a dance. Their motions were fluid and graceful, neither having the upper hand, perfectly matched. Both had their cloaks on, so at times random parts of them just faded into the background. It was...beautiful, to put it simply.

It didn't take long for Meli to start falling behind. They hadn`t even done a full lap yet and she was a good 10 feet behind Kynwric. She was quite out of breath and had her skin been a lighter tone, it would have been a deep red. But she kept going. Staggering along, she followed behind for another lap, constantly falling further behind. After the second lap was done, she fell to all fours, panting. Before she knew it, she heaved and spewed out her stomach onto the dry ground. She looked up and saw Kynwric looming over her. She forced herself to stand up. "So...what do we do next?" she managed to ask through her panting.

OOC: Yeah, a bit more exersize then some weapon training for the score. ;)

Kyn watched, bemused at Meli's lack of stamina. And she wants to learn to use a sword. "Alright, next is a break so you can remember what comes next. However, you are going to have to train, run laps every other morning, before breakfast, it will help." He passed the ladle from the water bucket over to her after he had drank from it. He let her drink, but gently reminded her not to drink too much. When she had rested for a few minutes he passed her a lathe, "We're going to teach you the basics, then some strength exercises so you'll be able to use them. This is a pell, you use it for practice." He gestured to the wooden pole sunk in the ground. "The first blow you'll learn is a simple forehand." Kyn demonstrated the blow on the pell, throwing the shot from his shoulder at full speed into the pell before recovering. "And that is what it should loo like when we're done. Here it is slower..." he again through the shot, working through each mechanic of it at half speed. "Start slow, learn how to do it correctly and then worry about speed."

OOC: Work through this slowly building up to full speed.