DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Well, This Should be Fun [ATTN: Sangreal, Mat's Twins & Open]

AddiBeth

The metropolis of Tar Valon was unlike anything a little farm girl had ever experienced before.  There were shops that sold food and buildings called banks were people put their money; there were a half dozen inns and taverns within spitting distance.  Men and women bathed together in buildings specifically for that purpose and there were brothels if one wandered down the wrong streets.  Shops sold food, tools, jewellery, trinkets, and clothes—anything one wished for was available.  Buskers performed on corners, hats out for money, bumping elbows with beggars who left out similar, if more grungy, hats.  People didn’t bother to stop and chat with one another; they simply went about their business.  Each face came and went, the mind holding on to the image for a moment before it faded into oblivion.

It was from this mass of bodies that Addison emerged, clutching a bundle wrapped in paper.  She had thought herself quite worldly coming to the White Tower via the cities of Caemlyn and Cairhien; however, upon her first shopping foray in Tar Valon, Addi realised she was still just a farm girl who’d always eaten food grown on the farm and worn clothes made and mended by her.  The pouch of coins she’d been given by the Aes Sedai, who she’d eventually learned was the Mistress of Novices, was the first considerable sum of money she’d ever owned and didn’t have a clue as to whether the seamstress she’d just visited had overcharged her.

Considering she’d come to Tar Valon with a single dress that had lasted her through an entire trip from Andor, it had been time for some new clothes.  When Addi had stepped into the Warders Yard and seen the female trainees and guards, she’d immediately noticed that none of them had worn dresses.  So, after leaving the Mistress of Trainees’ office, currently occupied by the woman’s assistant, she’d gone into the city in search of breeches and shirts.

Now she was making her way towards the... barracks, were they called, where she was supposed to find a room and bed to sleep on—possibly with roommates.  Excitement and nervousness warred in her gut while she wandered halls.  Trainees wandered passed her, glancing at her ragged dress curiously.  Addison couldn’t help but stare at the few female trainees that she passed, which seemed to make a few of them rather uncomfortable, they glared.

Peeking in an open door, nobody seemed to be in.  Taking a hesitant step in, she noticed one bed with no belongings near it.  She tentatively laid her things in the empty trunk at its foot and sat down, trying to guess at what her roommates would be like by the things scattered around the room.

Balyn had been off doing some chore or another while Dagen was catching a bit to eat before he had to do his own lessons.  Balyn had gotten in trouble, he wasn't sure how his brother managed to knock over the bookcase in the library, but he did, now he was off sorting and alphabatizing books.  Funny thing was though that neither of them could read.  The Aes Sedai who was in charge of the room gave Bryon a list of the letters in order and Bryon was suppose to follow it.  He had been there a very long time and Dagen was sure he'd never see his brother again.  He laughed at the thought as he walked into his room to get his gear.

A girl sat on the empty bed.  Almost out of instinct Dagen walked back out of the room and looked at the room number.  He hadn't thought they'd put girls in the same room with boys, but apparently it didn't matter.  Seeing it was his room he went in and smiled.  "I'm Dagen Caine.  I take it you'l be rooming with us?"  Dagen went to looking for all his gear, he was bad about leaving it lying around, Balyn had a tendancy to hide it if he found it, and Dagen was missing too many things to day.  Dagen started looking everywhere.  "Have you seen a sword hiding somewhere?" Dagen asked as he lifted up the blankets hiding the space under his and his brother's bunk.

Dagen

OOC:  I'll bring in Balyn after Dagen leaves.  If Bryon is spelled here it should be Bayln I have too many b names lol

A noise at the door.

Addi’s head snapped around in time to see a retreating back.  Moments later, the boy stood in the doorframe, looking at her.  Were men and women allowed to share the same room?  Back home the idea would have been scandalous but here...  Well, the Warders Yard let women be warriors.  Addison was about to gather up her few belongings and fins another room when he asked if she was “their” new roommate—actually, it was more like a statement. 

“Is that okay?”  He nodded and she breathed a quiet sigh of relief.  Dagen seemed nice enough, though apparently a little scatter-brained.  “I’m Addi Thwait.”  She considered sticking out her hand to shake his, but considering how stupid it had made her feel with Elyan, decided against it.

Standing, Addison began snooping around the room for Dagen’s sword.  How exactly did he lose it?  Wasn’t a warrior’s sword the most important part of him?  She felt a little guilty searching through the things of people she hadn’t yet met, and decided to stick mostly to whatever was in plain view or on her bed.  Dagen’s sword was most definitely not in her still-folded blankets nor hidden under her mattress.  Feeling rather stupid, she got down on hands and knees and checked under each of the beds.  Nope.

“So...  Who else is rooming with uh... us?”

Dagen smiled as he found his sword lying in his brothers foot locker.  "That little sneak." 

"I've found it.  It's nice to meet you Addi.  We are rooming with my brother, Balyn and another fellow Sandre."  Dagen started strapping on his weapon when he heard the door open again and Balyn came crawling into the room.  He flopped on Dagen's bed, as it was the bottom bunk. 

"She let me have a break!"  Dagen laughed.

"Bal, this is Addi, she is our new roommate.  Be nice to her I have to get to my lesson."  Balyn nodded and watched as his brother raced out the door.

Balyn smiled and offered his hand to his new roomie. "I'm Balyn, Dagen is in a hurry and forgets his manners.  Don't let him bother you any.  So what brings a pretty girl like you to the yards?  Surely you don't want to become all muscle bound like us men."  He grinned playfully, he knew women came her to train just the same, but he never quite understood it.

Dagen and Bayln

Three boys?  Oh boy—all puns intended.  She was just barely wrapping her mind around this concept: what was she supposed to do when she changed?  What happened when she... well... that “time of the month” rolled around?  And what about them?  They were, after all, boys and she was, of course, a girl and...  Light!  Damn, she was blushing again.

Crash! went the door and Addi turned, still red in the face, and was very confused to see Dagen suddenly standing in the door again.  Then came Dagen’s voice behind her, then in front of her; her head snapped back and forth a few times before she made sense of it all.  Twins?  How was she supposed to tell them apart?  By the time she understood everything that had just gone on, Dagen had left and Balyn had replaced him—not that she could be entirely sure.  Addison seriously hoped that this Sandre fellow looked nothing like either of the brothers.

Balyn stuck out his hand and she shook it.  At least the twins seemed friendly... or at least they did until Balyn’s final comment: “So what brings a pretty girl like you to the yards?  Surely you don't want to become all muscle bound like us men.”

He thought she was pretty?  Despite being rather taken aback by the comment, it made her even more defensive.  Did he think she couldn’t be a Warder?  Did he think she was “too pretty” and should have stayed on the farm and gotten married like every other girl her age?  She’d already pleaded with Dragar so he would let her enrol as a trainee, would she have to convince her roommates as well?  What about the rest of the Yards?  Was every woman who became a trainee subjected to these reservations?  Or was there something about her that wasn’t... Warderly?

Feet apart, arms crossed beneath her chest: as defensible a stance as her body knew.  “Yes I do.”

Balyn took a step back.  "No offense intended, it was suppose to be funny."  He grinned, "Girls don't look so good with all them muscles all over.  Firm tone good, bulk not so much."  Balyn tried to make her comfortable again.  "Really don't take it bad, you can be here just as much as I can.  You are probably a bit more competent than I am."  He blushed.

"I knocked over a book case pretending I was a Warder in the White Tower Library.  So now I'm stuck putting it all back together."  Balyn flopped back down on Dagen's bed.  "I'm so tired."

After a few moments of his eyes closed, Balyn checked to see if his new roommate was still there.  Through half opened eyes he smiled.  "Well at least you haven't gone yet from my crude comments, that's a good start."  He grinned and sat up.  "But really, what brings you here?  Dagen and I came for the money that we hope to get.  But as we walked her from home we started to realize it was alot more than that.  We wanted to do our family proud, not just be the next generation Cobbler son."

Balyn

Sandre walked into his room a mess of sweat, dirt, and leaves. His arms showed more than one flare up of itch weed and his training clothes had large tears and a few twigs and leaves poked through them or on them. His sweat made his pine soap he used to keep wounds clean make the whole room smell like he had rolled around in a forest... truth told he had... just not intentionally. There was a woman sitting on the empty bunk above his and Balyn was in the room himself. Sandre stepped back to make sure he had the right room number which for some reason brought a smile from Balyn, before he checked for the red sash they agreed to hang on the door to let others know not to disturb as they were with a woman... of course it would be the first time he ever saw it used so it didnt surprise him they had forgot.

"Balyn when you take ambush classes pick your own tree." He said as he plucked a small twig from his hair. Seeing how he had never seen Balyn bring a woman to the barracks, and never even seen this one before, he figured she wouldnt care so much if he changed in front of her if Balyn got her to his room in one day. Stripping down completely and throwing his dirty clothes in a sack he changed and then casually mentioned. "You forgot the red sash on the door Balyn." Balyn turned red. Probably embarrassment for forgetting. She was cute though to Balyn's credit.

Turning and taking the red sash he tied it to the door handle and closed the door behind him then briskly stepped down the hallway towards the infirmary. Elyan was heading towards the door so he stopped him. "Balyn is with someone. Dont disturb until he takes down the sash." He then continued his journey before the itchweed rash spread.

OOC Day one he thinks shes a prostitute. Let the rivalry begin! :)

Balyn nearly giggled Sandre thought their new roommate was a girl and being the dolt that he can be he said so out loud.  "He thinks your a girl."  When Balyn realized what he said his blush deepened.  He stammered before finally getting out the final sentence.  "What I meant to say is that he thinks you are a GIRL - one I would be um... yeah, bedding.  If you know what I mean."  Balyn blush deepened.  "Not that you aren't pretty and all that but I don't think you and I would um, no, I'll shut up now."  Balyn flopped back down on his bed rolling over and punching Dagen's pillow.  "Why am I such a dolt!"

Balyn

Well, at least it seemed she wasn’t the only person here with a truly ordinary background.  Mumbling an apology, Addison sat down on her bed and studied the boy across the room.  She grinned when he mentioned knocking over a bookcase pretending to be a Warder.  “I haven’t even touched a sword, so you’re definitely better than I am.  I grew up on a farm in Braden’s Hill, but couldn’t stand the thought of just...  I don’t know, settling down and being married and having kids and working on a farm.  I wanted to do something with my life, something important or... I don’t know.  Anything but a “normal” li...”

She was cut off by the door banging open.  Whoever this was followed the same routine Dagen had before actually entering the room.  Considering he walked right in, Addi assumed this as the Sandre fellow Dagen had mentioned.  Their fourth roommate seemed to be in rough shape.  Was training really that hard?  Sandre glanced at her, then looked at Balyn and made a comment, seemingly ignoring her.  Was he shy, perhaps?  Addi stood to introduce herself...

And immediately sat back down, eyes wide, as he undid his belt and dropped his pants.  If Addison had thought her face had gone red when she was with Elyan, it paled (again the pun) in comparison to now.  It wasn’t that she was thirteen and the very mention of sex made her giggle, but...  She’d never actually seen a man naked.  Well, at least now she knew whether or not the boys would be uncomfortable changing in front of her, if only it didn’t make her feel so very, very uncomfortable.

When she realised she was staring, she whipped around, turning back towards Balyn who seemed rather amused by the situation.  Addi would have glared if her face wasn’t frozen in a state of horrified shock.  Her trance was broken by the slamming of the door.

Balyn’s translation of events sent Addison into a fit of rage.  He thought she and Balyn were...  Okay, so the mention of sex didn’t make her giggle, it made her blush like the sun.  It wasn’t like anyone talked about it in Braden’s Hill—not around her anyway.  She knew what was going on when a boy and a girl were in the hayloft or in the woods or...  But no one talked about it until some poor girl got pregnant and then everyone whispered about which boy “did that to her”.

Obviously this Sandre didn’t think she could be a Warder any more than anyone else.  Addi couldn’t stand it.  She would do this!  She’d show them all!  Mumbling “Excuse me a moment” to Balyn, she stamped into the hall.  A few moments of searching found her the person she was looking for.

“Hey!”  He didn’t turn, so she ran after him and tapped his shoulder.  “I am not sleeping with Balyn.  I am your roommate and a Tower Trainee!”

Sandre whipped around with his hand on his blade when the woman tapped his shoulder. “I am not sleeping with Balyn.  I am your roommate and a Tower Trainee!” Sandre shook his head. This one has obviously never had to sneak onto the yards before. "Look you only have to say that to the guards to get in you dont need to keep up the charade with the other trainees. Personally, Im fine with what you do, I just didnt know Balyn had it in him." He turned and took about two steps before he turned around again. "Then again if you and him are done I suppose he doesnt any more does he?" He said with a grin.

He was going to be a little more careful than to let another woman sneak up on him. In the Game of Houses the best assassins were all women pretending to be... ladies of the night... as he believed the correct and respectful title was. (Next thing you know she really WILL join the trainees!) He hoped that the bedding was lousy or something so Balyn wouldnt hire her again and he wouldnt be stuck with her trying to prove herself to him.

Balyn followed Addi out of the room and watched her berate Sandre.  He laughed before yelling at Sandre.  "Hey Sandre, she really is our roommate.  I am not sleeping with her.  Not that she's not pretty or anything, but she really is here to train, just like you and me."

Around the corner strode Dagen.  He had been late to his lessons and his teacher told him he would have to wait till the next lesson was offered.  He was sulking Balyn could tell. 

Dagen had stopped the other side of Sandre, the pair of them standing in between the twins.  They both nodded, their actions spoke louder than their words.  They approached caustiously.  Dagen being a bit more savvy with his words spoke.  "Sandre, I think you need to apologize to our roommate."

Balyn and Dagen

Elyan had the afternoon free, but was itching for more practice. He was walking through the barracks, looking for someone that would be willing to spar when he heard voices coming from a room down the hall.

When he got closer, he realized it was the twins’ room, Bayln and Dagen. Elyan had not practiced with the either of the two yet, and looked forward to the new experience. Suddenly Sandre walked out of the door and tied a red sash to the door handle before closing it.

Wondering about the sash, he opened his mouth to ask Sandre, but the man stopped him saying, "Balyn is with someone. Dont disturb until he takes down the sash." He then continued down the hallway, with Elyan staring after him confused.

He looked at the sash, at the door, then back at Sandre as he continued to walk down the hall. Finally, he shrugged and decided to stay out of the situation. As he left to go see if he could find someone else that had time to spare, the door again slammed open. Spinning to meet the new threat, he searched for the aggressor only to find Addison running after Sandre.

“Hey!”  She yelled, tapping him on the shoulder  “I am not sleeping with Balyn.  I am your roommate and a Tower Trainee!”

Elyan’s jaw dropped slightly in astonishment.

"Look you only have to say that to the guards to get in you dont need to keep up the charade with the other trainees. Personally, Im fine with what you do, I just didnt know Balyn had it in him." He responded, then turning to go only to face her again, "Then again if you and him are done I suppose he doesnt any more does he?"

It was easy for Elyan to hear them, they were not far and were talking loudly. Elyan scratched his head in bewilderment, wondering how he should react. He was trying to figure out if he had been lied to earlier, although he had thought she told the truth to him. He normally could tell if someone was lying, and she seemed to be honest. As he considered this Balyn walked out of his room yelling at Sandre

"Hey Sandre, she really is our roommate.  I am not sleeping with her.  Not that she's not pretty or anything, but she really is here to train, just like you and me."

Elyan felt like he was missing something and decided that he better leave them to work out their own problems. He turned to go, still pondering on who was actually telling the truth and whether or not his little trust had been misplaced.

Sandre turned and looked at them all with slight confusion. "Wait they let a female bunk with... but what about when she needs to change or shes on her..." He had forgot that he had been making morning trips to bathe in a cold river rather than the bath houses. Nudity of the opposite gender was something they were all used to. His face reddened at the thought that he had stripped in front of someone whom he thought he wouldnt have to see again. His face reddened even more at the thought that he would have to get used to seeing her do the same.

"Im sorry trainee. You wont see much of me...er at least not as much as you already have...so do not concern yourself with that." he abruptly did a 180 and turned and walked away, his face feeling like it was on fire. He hoped she had not noticed. He had avoided Edana for a week or so now after that incident by the river so a few minor adjustments in his schedule and he could avoid this one as well. The yards were becoming a complicated place.

She should have hit him right then and there.  Only Addi was too busy being entirely shocked and offended to do anything but stare at him in disbelief.  Did he seriously think that was all women were good for?  Her jaw dropped when he leered; something about what Balyn had, or no longer had, in him.

Whatever Balyn had, he came to her rescue.  Addison might have found his comment about her not being not pretty endearing if she weren’t quite so unable to do anything but stand and revel in Sandre’s chauvinism.  That Jake had simply assumed she would marry him had infuriated her, but Sandre was something else entirely.  For the sake of the female gender, she really should hit him.

Mind you, then he apologised.  Of course it had taken Balyn’s explanation to convince him seeing as he obviously couldn’t see women as anything other than whores and liars.  Before she could react, Sandre had once again turned his back on her and was halfway down the hall.  Glancing around at the group of onlookers, Addi wondered what they thought.  Did they, like everyone else she’d met so far, think she could never be a Warder?  She noticed Elyan sneaking away.  So much for her knight in shining armour—not that she needed, or wanted, one or...  More business, less hormones!

Making an impulsive and definitely stupid decision, Addi ran after Sandre again.  Another tap on the shoulder.  “Hey!  You don’t get to call me a whore and walk away from it, you chauvinist pig!”

She hoped her punch hurt his jaw as much as it was hurting her hand.

When she hit him he realized that this one was like a firework. Short fuse and big bang. His eyes were murder. His gaze had a reputation of its own on the yards. Trainees nearby fingered their blades nervously and began to shift feet looking left and right for escapes.

"First woman... I apologized, I even promised to stay out of your way. Second, if you are going to hit me use your shoulders not your arm. Twist your waist and throw your weight behind it... Now... hit me again."

He stood ready. Most women would try to go for the jewels at this moment or something other trick. If she did anything other than he asked he would turn her over his lap.

"Are you deaf? Make a fist... like this" He showed her how to make a fist. "and hit me!" his voiced boomed and some came out of their rooms to see what was going on, saw what was happening and as quietly as they could went back inside and closed their doors.

“Hey!  You don’t get to call me a whore and walk away from it, you chauvinist pig!”

Stopping Elyan turned to face the direction of the commotion. So that was what happened, Elyan felt sorry for Addison, but it wasn’t his place to get involved, she didn’t seem to need or want help from anybody. Still, it bothered him to see trainees fighting like this, they needed to be helping each other not quarreling. Elyan shook his head, training was difficult how did they find the energy to start conflict. He almost stepped forward to try and resolved the problem, but what would he do, it didn’t involve him anyway. He was about to head out of the barracks when he heard the familiar sound of bone on flesh contact.

Before he knew what he was doing, Elyan was at a dead run in the direction of the sound, anger fueling his speed, moving around the bystanders to place himself in between the two. He glared furiously at both Addison and Sandre, he had once been told that he could look intimidating when glaring with his emerald eyes, he tried to use that to his full advantage now. The two shared his gaze.

“What is the meaning of this!” he spoke sternly, “I don’t normally get involved in the business of others, but you two had to push it,” Trying to look at them both at once, “I thought you both came here to join the Guard, maybe even be Warders, how do you expect to achieve that with this kind of behavior.” He paused for a moment, letting the words stew, “Your actions represent the tower, which is a symbol to all the land of hope, we are supposed to bring light where there is shadow." Continuing his glare, “I will not have that image tainted,”

He attempted to reign in his anger with little success. Looking between the both of them, “Now, would someone like to explain what this is all about, so we can attempt to make amends, or should we go see what Thera is doing.” Pausing to let his threat take full affect, “Or can this be worked out? As trainees and soon to be members of the guard, we need to be able to rely on one another, to have mutual trust, not fight amongst ourselves.”

OOC: If someone else was supposed to try and resolve the conflict, just ignore this post. I just compelled to write it and felt it fit Elyan's personality.

Apparently not.

The punch seemed to have stunned him for a moment and Addi was rather pleased with the red mark it had left, but Sandre’s face seemed to be made of rock.  His glare matched hers; he even yelled right back in her face.  Blood and ashes, he had the audacity to correct her form and ordered her to punch him again.  He grabbed her hand and forced it into another fist, eliciting a wince on her part—her hand really hurt.  She ripped her hand away from him, now spitting mad in the most literal term, spittle covered his face as she screamed at him.

“How dare you!”  But Addi didn’t need to be told again to punch him and was about to when Elyan seemed to have decided he needed to protect her.  She was in no mood to be told what to be told what to do by anyone with the ability to grow a beard and for the most part his speech fell on deaf ears.  The mention of the Mistress of Trainees, whom she had yet to meet, did not cool her temper but it did remind her that she didn’t want to be kicked out for fighting before barely getting started.

She still wasn’t about to decline Sandre’s offer to punch him though.  Throwing her whole body into it, like he had said, Addi hit him in the nose.  “Happy now?”  That bloody well better have broken his nose because it had definitely broken her hand.

Now it was her turn to spin around and storm away.  She refused to look at Elyan.

"Better." He said as she walked away. His nose was bleeding and it certainly did hurt. He wondered though at what point his eyes stopped tearing up when he got hit in the nose. He had not noticed until now. Using his shirt to stop the bleeding he turned and headed the opposite direction. He felt bad for ignoring Elyan but Sandre had no intent of hurting this new trainee so there was no need for intervention. He wondered if this one completely lacked a conscience like the Aes Sedai who forced him here or Edana whom he had met a week before. (No I doubt it. If one woman can betray a man the week she meets him with no problems this one can punch a man who had apologized to her without any guilt.)

At least she learned how to throw a punch. A skill she would use for the rest of her life if she really intended to go through with this. She would also remember who taught her.

Elyan hadn’t seen the punch coming that had connected with Sandre’s face. Now he was watching Addison storm back to her room, he opened his mouth to say something, but the will was gone from him and he would probably only make the situation worse, whatever it was.

Elyan shook his head, sometimes he didn’t understand people. He had tried to stop the conflict from escalating, but in the end it only got him enemies. Did everyone find it this hard when they tried to help someone? He thought to himself. The thing that puzzled him the most was that it seemed Addison had wanted him to do something, just not what he did. Elyan shrugged, he did what he could to help and if he had done anything else it wouldn’t have been him.

Elyan turned to catch up with Sandre, blood was streaming out of his nose as he tried to plug it with his shirt. Elyan placed a friendly hand on his shoulder.

“Guess I shouldn’t have got involved huh?” he said with a chuckle, “Anyway, how are you doing? That looked like it hurt.” He said in a soothing voice, “Don’t even try to pretend you are going to the infirmary, because I know you won’t and I don’t think I will be able to force you.” He said, trying to sound stern but not having his heart in it. “At least lay down for a minute, you can use my bunk, the room is empty now and the others won’t be back until late. You can let the bleeding stop and I can help you set the break.” Trying not to push Sandre, he knew that wouldn’t work, “What do you say? Besides, you know I’m not just going to let you walk off bleeding like that. I owe you too much for you to bleed to death before I’ve paid you back.”

“Guess I shouldn’t have got involved huh?” he said with a chuckle, “Anyway, how are you doing? That looked like it hurt.” He said in a soothing voice, “Don’t even try to pretend you are going to the infirmary, because I know you won’t and I don’t think I will be able to force you.” He said, trying to sound stern but not having his heart in it. “At least lay down for a minute, you can use my bunk, the room is empty now and the others won’t be back until late. You can let the bleeding stop and I can help you set the break.” Trying not to push Sandre, he knew that wouldn’t work, “What do you say? Besides, you know I’m not just going to let you walk off bleeding like that. I owe you too much for you to bleed to death before I’ve paid you back.”

Sandre could only laugh. "Im fine. I actually am going to infirmary but not for this. I fell into a patch of itchweed today and nothing I have will get rid of that... since you decided to touch my shoulder now you need to go too... and so does she though she doesnt know it yet."

“Good,” Elyan said with a smile, again patting him on the shoulder, “We can go together then.” He laughed, “Though I can’t say they will be happy to see me, this being my second trip there in the last hour.”

Elyan said in remarkably good spirits. “You know, I feel better than I can ever remember feeling. Which is weird, seeing as to how I’m exhausted, starving, and probably just made enemies with one of the new recruits.”

His joviality fading as his voice took on a more serious tone. “What exactly happened back there and why do I feel it wasn’t all the girl’s fault. My skills in observation have kept me alive for most of my life, so don’t think that I haven’t noticed your innate ability to keep others at a distance, I can think of a few names in particular. What is it that makes you so afraid of getting close.”

Elyan shook his head, starting again less somber, “ I’m sorry it’s not my place to ask, I don’t know what came over me. Everyone is entitled to their secrets and it isn’t any of my business.”

Elyan was feeling truthful, so he kept talking, “Myself, I have trouble with trust too, and though you may be stern, you have shown me nothing but kindness. I thank you for that and want you to know that I’m here for you.”

Elyan said wiping his eyes on his sleeve, what was wrong with him today. “That being said, we are going to have to resolve this little disagreement. It is not in the spirit of the tower.”

Smiling at Sandre, “On a happier note,” he said with another friendly pat, “It’s almost time for dinner,” He stated as they approached the infirmary.

OOC: I apologize for being a long winded fool.

Sandre calmly listened to Elyan as they walked to the infirmary.

“You know, I feel better than I can ever remember feeling. Which is weird, seeing as to how I’m exhausted, starving, and probably just made enemies with one of the new recruits.”

"Its because the work outs... they burn up whatever it is that makes you sad... you will learn that in the bonding classes, its one of the ways they save Warders who lose their Aes Sedai"

“What exactly happened back there and why do I feel it wasn’t all the girl’s fault. My skills in observation have kept me alive for most of my life, so don’t think that I haven’t noticed your innate ability to keep others at a distance, I can think of a few names in particular. What is it that makes you so afraid of getting close.”

"I was tricked into coming here Elyan... by an Aes Sedai who thought that my family's ability to memorize whatever we perceive and my schooling in the arts of war would be useful to the tower. So I kept every one at bay since that day. As for her... well I saw her on a bed alone in a room with Balyn... as you can imagine thats not an every day occurrence. I just had the wrong idea. I apologized but it wasnt enough I guess so she hit me... then I taught her how to do it right if thats what it takes to make her feel better about it."

The line to the infirmary was long... he expected that they would see the new trainee again soon since it wouldnt take long for the itchweed to make itself known on the fingers she tapped his shoulder with.

“I’m sorry Sandre, you are a good man and didn’t deserve to be tricked like that,” Elyan sighed, “I wish I could tell you that there are good people in this world, but I can’t. I’ve seldom met someone that wouldn’t stab me in the back for a copper mark.” Elyan looked at Sandre, “All I can offer is my condolences and friendly advice should you require it.”

Elyan looked back in front of him, examining the length of the line and wondering how this many people had gotten hurt since he had been here last.

He let out a strong burst of laughter, drawing looks from the people in front of him. “Taught her how to hit you correctly,” He shook his head smiling, “Why am I not surprised?” Looking back at Sandre, “I think she was just looking for the chance to prove herself, you just provided the excuse.”

Elyan had no more to say, and waited in line thinking quietly to himself.

Elyan took off after Sandre so Balyn and Dagen followed Addi.  They weren't sure whether or not to talk to her so they followed at a distance.  The brothers enjoyed their time here, and hoped that this new roommate situation wasn't going to cause many more problems. 

Balyn smiled to his brother. "This has been an interesting day, first the library now this.  At least none of us got sent to Mistress of Trainees, that really would have been bad."  Dagen nodded.  "I think we should check on Addi".

"Hey Addi."  The boys both called out in unison.  Dagen finished.  "You okay?"

Balyn and Dagen

OOC:  Just trying to calm things down a bit lol, she can stalk off more if you prefer.

OOC: Sandre said I should pop in, soo...

IC: Edana rubbed her back and sighed as she walked down the hallway towards her room. The corridor was blessedly empty... or was it? She heard the shouting and stopped in the corridor a moment. She'd heard his name no less than twice and continuing this direction was only going to bring her face-to-face with...

She saw a shadow move away from the barracks and sighed. He was heading the other way. That was something, at least. She caught sight of Elyan out of the corner of her eye, too, and shook her head. She'd spent a few days biting her lip to keep from saying things about the horrible role model her roommate had chosen. She was pretty sure she'd have to explain herself to Elyan if she did and, honestly, she knew she wasn't up to that, yet.

A girl came barreling down the corridor and Edana stepped out of the way. She nodded a greeting, glad to see another woman stalking these corridors. She wasn't sure if the girl even saw her, but she was stopped before she'd opened her mouth.

Hey Addi. You okay?" Balyn and Dagen were following her, so she must be a new trainee. The fourth trainee in their room? She hadn't really met Balyn or Dagen, but she knew they were Sandre's roommates. She shook her head, forcing her irritation at him away forcefully. She nodded a greeting to them, too, pausing by her door. Something about the woman's body language said her first day hadn't been all that welcoming.

~Edana