DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

N00biest of N00bs declares arrival in WoT universe and the technological age!

BondedRed

Oh, man, I'm so nervous. I'm such a n00b here!!

Not only am I just stubborn and ignorant about the internet in general ( which will reveal itself ), but I'm completely new to the social universe that exists for tWoT.

I started the series 15 yrs ago when my fav. bookstore was handing out the first half of TEOTW. Beginning as such an awkward teen as I was, I believe I've held a deeper affection for WoT than may be clinically healthy. Just the, ya know, familiar maniacal Prophet type of devotion. It got me through the years of finding myself and the years of running from myself.

It's hard to admit, but I learned about RJ's passing from an insensitive bookstore clerk that casually tacked it on to my inquiry of the last book. Well, he handled it casually, I recall that I swallowed a lump in my throat and tried to get to the car before the tears burst forth. I didn't make it. I never want to feel that alone again (within the scope of WoT), so I've started seeking companionship within the web, peeking in for the last year or so, and now I'm ready to join in and celebrate with everyone!

You can tell I don't mind sharing/blabbing, but I listen just as well. Contact me if you find yourself willing to admit you tried to channel along with Egwene and Nynaeve, or that when that failed you might have practiced sword forms with a cardboard tube, er, uh... wore a black scarf that could be pulled up to hide your face? Just me then?

Meh your not alone trust me, my brother was standing next to me while I read your introduction, and he admited to half of that (Sword fighitng and channaling) and I can add on sitting with my dogs wondering if they will talk to me xD

Anyway, you will find alot of people had the same, or close to the same, reaction when RJ died, hell me and my brother bolth cried for half a day even though was the day after are grandparents aneversery. That aside, being a noob isnt bad, it just means that we can surprise you still, heck when you arnt a noob you should start worrying.

Now, being the greeter of noobs (And being a noobmyself) I feel compeled to tell you of the diffrent parts of the forums so you can navigate them better. Plus I just talk alot.

Wheel of Time: Holds everything from the Robert Jordan memorial forum (Go here if you wish to tell everyone how RJ's books affected your life.) to just general WoT dissusions on who killed who and what not.

Dragonmount: Well, it holds the New Members forums which you just posted on, along with just general talk from fans world wide, (Like the UN in a box?) and the help desk for all your forum help needs.

Dragonmount Special Events: Well, there are two going on, the Empy awards (Forum wide awards for the best of stuff) and the JordanCon stuff, (I would read into JordanCon).

Disscusion groups: Dont know much about them besides they are there and most likely I am missing out on all the fun  ;D

Revilution One: Freestyle RP boards, ever wanted to take part in major events in the WoT storyline? Things not covered or even writen about yet? Fight the Last battle your way, charge down the hills of Menethren beside Aemon into hords of Trollocs, fling fire at Dreadlords in the war of the shadow, its all possible here (withinn reasion and PG-13)

Orginsations: Theamed clubs that people join here on Dragonmount, they range from everything from music to travel and are filled with amazing (Frendly) people who like to talk alot.

Dragon Reborn Planing: This is the Bios and plot outlines for the Dragon Reborn Portal Stone World, the RP side of DM starts here......be warned, insanity runs free at the Blacktower....

Dragon Reborn Divisions: These are the Divisions, or factions, in the Dragon Reborn Portal Stone world, ranging from the Children of the Light, to the Wolfkin (I am part of the wolfkin :) )

Dragon Reborn Portal Stone World: The RP boards for Dragon Mount, you need a bio to post here and be part of a Division. Current book that it is shadowing I think is Winter's Heart. (Its snowing in spring....)

Well..that is all I know of the forums that is useful I think, so any questions, feel free to ask by posting here, or PMing me and I will try and get you an answer. If that dosnt work the Ask The Staff might be a good place >.>

Again, welcome! And have fun storming the mount!

Welcome to Dragonmount Bonded, you made a good pick for joining the Wheel of Time fandom here, as we've got a little bit of everything here. More than a little bit really.

Anyways, Winds has pretty much given you the rundown of the forum already, so there's certainly no need for me to do so as well. Though I'd like to suggest taking a look at JordanCon, as it is the first ever Wheel of Time specific convention, and its got a whole bunch of big names coming to it, such as Brandon Sanderson, who's writing the last book, RJ's wife and cousin, both of whom are a big part of the wheel of time fandom, amongst others. Its also a great way to meet friends that you've made online in the Wheel of Time fandom, which I can personally vouch for being an absolute blast, having met several in the past year.

Anyways, if you've got any questions regarding this website, WinterWinds or myself are the people to send your questions to. We can answer most of them, or direct you to the appropriate people to get your answers from.

After the rather epic posts that precede, I'm going to keep things short and sweet: welcome to DM!

Have a good rummage around the site - I am sure you will find something that tickles your tastebuds just like a rather good roast lamb dinner does mine!  ;D

But whatever you do at DM, have fun! :)

Thank you all for the warm welcomes!

I've successfully petitioned the Illuminators and am anxious to begin my contribution to the DM community through crochet of all things. Lots of warm snuggly WoT themed stuff to cozy up with while reading perhaps? Seems I'll have the opportunity to work on some projects within the Org too, which tickles me. What a nifty feature.

And I'm so glad that JordanCon was mentioned! My bags are packed, the budget planned for and the course plotted. See you there!

Archived