DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hey!

albino_dog

Hello everyone!

I am not only new to the boards but to the entire Wheel of Time series. A friend has been praising the series for years and we have pretty much identical taste when it comes to fantasy books. Unfortunately I have not had time to actually read for a long time now. The upcoming six months I will have a lot of free time so I figured I'd catch up on the reading.

Anyways I don't plan on hanging out on the boards much (not until I'm finished that is :) ) since I don't want to accidentally come across spoilers in any form. Unless I have questions. Which I probably will. Heh.

Also, as far as the reading order goes, being a newbie to all of this, I should rather read the books in the order they were released, instead of starting with the prequel as listed in wiki, right?

Well, welcome to Dragonmount, I hope you enjoy the books, becuase the RJ litterly put his life into it.

Anyway, even though you wont be around the forums much I will still give you a rundown incase you change your mind.

Wheel of Time: General Wheel of Time forums, with a place to talk about the book you are reading(without spoiling it) to a place to just plain throw around consiracy theories about who kills who and who does what. Also the Robert Jordan Memorial is located here, stop by and pay your respects if you so choose (Every voice counts in there I think, he was a great man and well, we sure like to say how we miss him)

Dragonmount: General Dragon Mount stuff, from the new members forum (Where you are right now) to meetings, and just general around the world stuff.

Dragonmount Special Events: Special events, currently JordanCon.

Discussion forums: Dont know much about these, but then go there and find out, might be fun :)

Revolution One: Freestyle RP board that alows you to put your own spin on the wheel of time events.

Orgs: Large themed clubs that are just cool. Dont know all their themas but then you can join them all if you so choose.

Dragon Reborn Planing: Bios/planing for the Dragon Reborn Portal Stone world.

Dragon Reborn Devisions: The diffrent factions in the Portal Stone World. (I am in the wolf kin)

Dragon Reborn Role Playing (The DRPSW): Here is our own ver of the Wheel of Time events. Current book that it is on I think is Winter's Heart.

Anyway, good luck on those books  ;D And have fun storming the mount! (Check in with us from time to time, I think people would love to hear how you are going along in the books  ;)) 

I think the prequel, in general, is a lot more enjoyable if you HAVE read the other books.  While it's a good story in and of itself, since it's a bit of backstory before the main timeline (try 20 years before), it's just a little historical gem.  I don't know if I'm giving a fair opinion, however - I started reading these books in 1996/97~, so the prequel wasn't out yet!  :o

Anyways - welcome to DM! <3

As I said, I am done with the first book. That was a great read.

But the Great Hunt, at least as far as I'm with it, is really intense. Also, what I'd like to mention here: the story they told about Ayelmen coming over the spine just because of the world tree, trampling over anything standing in their way and simply turning back after having achieved their goal. God damnit, those fellows sound badass  ;D

• 1 month later...

I am halfway through the Fires of Heaven now. And I have managed to not spoil much yet for myself. I have this nasty feeling Asmodean is going to die. And Lanfear. I hope this won't happen in this book, I love those two.

Anyways I must have missed it or perhaps it wasn't mentioned yet, but does anyone know what Asmodean's name mean? I mean Ishamael = Betrayer or Hope and Sammael = Destroyer of Hope, unless I've misunderstood something completely and those were not the meanings of the names but some fancy titles instead.

Archived