DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Welcome Wotmania Members

Barmacral

Guest Revenge4zack

I'm new here as well, actually I just finished book thirteen tonight. I've only met a few other people who've read this book and they've become some of my closest friends. i love these books and it almost seems weird that these books were first published before i was even thought of. the next suprising fact is that my high school biology teacher suggested these to me when she saw me reading pendragon books. anyway, i'm hoping i can meet more people who love the books as much as i do

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Serenla Dai dore

Hello, Thanks for the welcome. I’m new here on dragonmont but I’ve read the whole series In English and Swedish (I live in Sweden so that’s why my English is a bit poor.) Why I joined Dragonmount? The same reason as everybody else to discuss the books and meat people who are just as fascinated as me about them. I’ve given up on trying to get my friends in the real world the read the series after some failed attempts, now they don’t even want to talk about books whit me any longer because they know I never stop talking. So I really need to discuss the books whit people who feel like me about them.

• 3 weeks later...

hi everyone,

im so glad to find others who love these books,

non of my family read them so they get a glazed look on their faces whenever i talk about it.

im from the UK, and started reading WoT about 6 years ago, re-reading them now for the third time.

cant wait for the last book. hopefully someone soon will make them into great films.

bye for now

tiff

Hello, all. I'm new to WoT and I'm so pleased to have this forum available. I'm a bit older than most of the members, but that doesn't make me less enthusiastic about the books and the characters. I fell into the WoT series by accident, but once I gave it my attention, I was hooked. All the books up to Knife of Dreams had been published by the time I got seriously into the series, so after reading Knife of Dreams, I made it a point to own audio books of all the titles. I bought my first iPod and joined Audible.com just so that I could own Path of Daggers read by Kate Reading and Michael Kreamer. I marked time to read The Gathering Storm and the day after I was laid off of my last job, I went and bought a hard copy of Towers of Midnight. I spent three days reading it and didn't worry about not being employed. I think Robert Jordan is a genius, but I also greatly admire Brandon Sanderson. The mantle he took up was not an easy one. I had not read him prior to the WoT books but I am satisfied with his creative delivery.

I loved science fiction/fantasy as a teen and have never lost interest. I think reading and audio books are far more intersting than what is on TV, but that's just my opinion.

I hope to establish a few friendships while I'm on this board. But even if I don't, I am so impressed by the discussions.

new to the forum but i've read the wot series 3 times, gathering storm def lived up to the hype, im gonna cheat a lil and read towers on audio book while ima at work but i love this series...ive got about 10 friends starting it and they all seem t think its great, never really joined a forum like this but im such a fan. anyways thats about it...cant wait for a movie of hbo series or sumthin

hbo series... along the lines of say, Game of Thrones looks to be. production values/casting-wise, that is. i would watch it, and if it was any good, i'd buy multiple copies of the DVD set to give away to my friends who're non-readers!

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Liafail

Hi! When I was redirected at dragonmount after wotmania was shut, I created an account here but I'm not that active, but fortunately, starting today, I'll get used here.

Guest aniskate

Hi, I'm new to this whole community/discussion thing, but I figured the Wheel of Time forum would be the perfect place to start because I love this series. Easily the best series I've ever read, and well written. All of them, which is hard to do, especially with 14 books! Can't wait to talk about all the books with everyone!

Guest green_mms22

Hello All! I've been a fan since 2006 and am currently reading Towers of Midnight.

I've read the series a total of 4 times (aside from Towers) to refresh my memory while waiting for new books to be released. My intent is to use this forum daily until A Memory of Light is released to prevent another re-reading. I love forward to discussing this wonderful series with all you fellow fans.

-Melinda

hi. my name is zach. i've been a fan since my sophomore year in 95:) i recently began re-reading the series (for the third time) so that i'm caught up for the finale, sad as it will be. wot is my favorite series. even lotr and dark tower didn't leave such emotion for the characters and lingering questions at the back of my mind. glad to be here and all.

Hello to all Followers of The World known as "Randland". I have been following these citizens since 1996. I have been hooked since the first paragraph of TEoTW. I look forward to the conclusion of this series and I'm very excited that Brandon Sanderson has kept the tradition alive in the type of series this was expected to be. RJ was very creative with his intricate battles and his way of keeping the characters intriguing to the reader. I especially love the way that Rand always comments on how Perrin knows how to speak to women. Also the fact that Perrin seems to think that Rand is very comfortable around women because he always knows what to say to them.

Memory of the Light will be the greatest final book of all the fantasy series i have read.

Greetings all. Finally registered here after Wotmania shut down. Been reading fantasy my whole life. Got into WOT around '97 and have re-read multiple times. Still haven't read ToM. Not really sure what's taking me so long... Anyway, I'm here to use Dragonmount as my posting, researching and time-wasting fix. I would like to post some of my own writing for feedback if someone could direct me in the right direction for that. Thanks

Hi, I've probably talked to some of you over the years, I've been a member of all sorts of random fan-sites for the past 10 or so years. I've persuaded my mom And grandma to read, and now they curse my name for sending them on the long read that has no end (presently). Found this one due to a link from WOT facebook. Nice to meet you!

Guest Joymzkie

Hello there people of Dragonmount!

I'm new here I'm from Philippines, I'm very fun of Wheel of Time i love to re-read the book because its so very exiting and fascinating I'm aware that this story is same such like a fairytale but I swear its a very good story and doesn't matter if its not exist in reality but all I know its a very addicted when you were going to start reading the first chapter you were going to beg for reading the next chapter and the next and then the next until you wont realize that you almost read all of it....

Thanks,

Joy :moiraine:

Thank you for the warm welcome to previous WOTmania members. Like several have said before me, I was a long time member there, tho in the latter years I didn't post much. I started re-reading the entire series after I completed ToM at Christmas. Hope to be a more active member here and to get to 'know' many others.

Guest pjmydel

This is a great story. I am going through them all for the second time, and just love them. I read allot, and this is my favorite. In the series my favorite character is Mat. My favorite scene is when Mat uses his long stick to beat Gawyn and Galad in the training yard. I don't know how its all going to end, and am anxious to find out.

Guest Jaffri

Hi. Glad to be here. Big Fan. Looking forward to any future film I have been hearing about =) Light!! Wish I could be at JordanCon.... May the Light shine upon you all =) ~Jeff

Hi everyone, glad that there is a site like this. I have been an avid reader of WoT for about 9 years now and I'm glad to see that Iam not the only fan. The discussions i have read are truly engaging and i look forward to putting forth my own opinion in the future.

Greetings all, I know none of you but that's the point I suppose, of this initial post at least, I am new to the online community but I've read nearly all the WoT books currently in print once and am on my second go through the ones I own while waiting for the means to purchase Towers of Midnight. I love sharing theories but please if you've read Towers of Midnight, no spoilers. I hope to enjoy being here and I dare to hope that some of you may enjoy me being here as well.

• 1 month later...
Guest amulekite

okay well im new to the site and Ive only read up to the end of the shadow rising so i might not join any role play yet, im starting the fires of heaven tomorrow and am really excited, i love these books and excited to see how it ends

• 2 weeks later...
Guest asanford

Thank you for the welcoming 8)

I've been a fan of the WoT series ever since I happened to buy The Dragon Reborn at a bookstore just by random chance. From the time I finished the book, the series has been my favorite story of all time. I've attempted several times to get friends to read the series, but only once been successful. Thus I've recently started looking for other fans to connect with and discuss the books, which led me to Dragonmount. I'm looking forward to joining this community.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived