DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Welcome Wotmania Members

Barmacral

We're glad to see that you've made it over, and we hop you'll stick around and join our community. If you don’t see it already we’ll soon have a forum set up just for to meet up with your own. Here on dragonmount we’re a very friendly community that is divided into three basic sections.

The first section is the wheel of time discussions and the general discussions where everyone meets up at.

The second section of Dragonmount is the Organizations, which are groups of people with common ground meeting up in various settings based off of various groups in the books. There is a broad range of things that are discussed in these groups, from tv shows and movies to books to arts and crafts, etc.

The third main section of Dragonmount is the Roleplay. In the roleplay there is a number of divisions you can join with characters and join the roleplay fun.

For more information you can send a private message to Amadine or Winterwinds, and you can see any rules and guidelines located here and the navigation of our forums is located here.

Please do keep in mind that this is a PG-13 forum, so please, feel free to check it out and have fun, we’re glad to have you as a part of our community!

Dragonmount Staff

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi and thank you for the welcome. I'm new to dragonmount but am a long time fan of "The Wheel Of Time". I've read the entire series and cant wait for Nov. 2 to get here. I've never really had anyone to discuss these wonderful books with. I hope too find some people who are as passoinate about these books as i am ,too discuss them with. And too gain some insight on some things I cant quite figure out.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I was on the old dragonmount for a while and now a new one. I'm having difficulty navigating this new forum. I was a member of Wotmania but that is gone. I miss the games and list of quotes.

I've been a huge Wheel of Time for a very long time and although I read a lot I always have a Wheel of Time book I'm re-reading, currently book four. I hope to get to know all and have fun. :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, thanks for the welcome. I´m Linnea new here at Dragonmount. I started to read WoT just a year ago, but I fast become a big fan of the serie and now I eagerly wait for the 13th book to be released. I´m actually born -96 so the WoT serie is a bit older than me, I think that will explain why i found this wonderful serie later than the most.

I´m kind of busy in the school, but I´ll try to stay active. I´m from Sweden so that´s why my english is a bit poor... I´ve read the whole serie except The Gathering Storm in swedish, but now I planning to read the whole serie in english because the three remaining books wont be translated to swedish, so why not read the complete serie at once?

I"m New to Wheel, I've been getting the books from the library...imagine..tried to read Eye 10 yrs ago, didn't get into it..then 2009 I borrowed New Spring from the library and really liked the Moraine Lan connection..really well written..I'm on book 3..The Dragon Reborn..

Guest angela1312

Hy I hope it's all right if I introduce myself here. If not, delete this. I'm from Modena, Italy, a place a bit like Cairhien (no, not Altara, here people are less extrovert). Today I finished reading The Gathering Storm. I must say I much preferred the original series. I missed the previous two books but I intend to make up for it as soon as possible.

Anyway, GS is not bad.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest NaejPink

Hello, all. I was a member on the old Mania site and have finally gotten around to joining the new order! Am awaiting my pre-ordered copy of ToM. The postman can't get here fast enough. Referencing the query from an earlier poster, it would be taveren-fabulous to channel the posts from the old site to the new. So much information (posted in real time) would be a great resource.

Guest wildchildzoo

new to the forum but i've read the wot series 3 times, gathering storm def lived up to the hype, im gonna cheat a lil and read towers on audio book while ima at work but i love this series...ive got about 10 friends starting it and they all seem t think its great, never really joined a forum like this but im such a fan. anyways thats about it...cant wait for a movie of hbo series or sumthin

Hi And thanks for having me on board.

I was always unsure about joining and I finally thought ..well why not. Been reading all the threads and one question I'd like to ask is this: Are there any members in the UK, and more specifically in and around the Southe East (London). I hope so and I hope that there's a WOTimers get together or somewhere to meet and discuss.

Anyway that's in the near future so once agin, Hi and thanks for having me on board

Kas

Guest Javs888

Hey thanks for the welcome, I started reading WoT books last year and finally finished the 13th book and am now in withdrawal, ill be waiting very patiently till the next one comes out!

Guest conormurray

Hi, I've just registered and new to Dragonmount. I am just finishing the WoT series for the second time and waiting patiently for my Christmas present of Towers of Midnigt.

It is an amazing epic and I thoroughly enjoy the whole experience. I have found I am starting to use a lot of the terms in my normal conversations. I particularly like the word Trollocs!

The story and settings are so big I think I will need to read it a few more times to understand the wider context and all the underlying linkages and nuances. I have had a particularly hard time figuring out the geographical locations, references and context.

I still cannot believe the sheer scale of the project and how Robert could not only conceive but map out and create such a breathtakingly enjoyable story. In most books it is easy to know the good vs the bad, like or dislike the main character and you generally know the direction and likely ending.

But here there are so many characters at so many layers and built up and developed in so many different ways over the series I have a hard time following some of it.

However it has captured my attention and interest for a few years now. I like being challenged in my reading and not always knowing where the plot(s) are going.

I have to say that I love the whole experience and love all the intricacies of the characters, the romance, the internal conflicts, the passion and the entirely plausible stoylines.

I would put it alongside J R Tolkien's LOTR and the whole Dune epic by Frank Herbert in terms of scale and vision.

The Lord of the Rings films were beautifully down and Dune is a bit of a cult movie. It would be nice to look forward to a decade of releases of the WoT series, a bit like Harry Potter.

Regards to all.

new to dragonmount but have been reading series for almost 15 years. have not had a chance to complete tower of midnight yet. but I've enjoyed what I've read so far. its nice to see so many people who are as passionate about wot as I am. I even have a wot tattoo of the infinity snake wrapped around the wheel. kinda sad to see series winding down but lets face it we all have been waiting for and wanna see what happens in the final battle. hopefully ill be on dragonmount frequently over the next year. interested in what others will honk of final book. bye for now but ill be on again.

Hello everyone. I am not new to WOT but I am new to any type of forum. I began reading the books when Lord of Chaos came out, had to go back and get all the prior books. Now I re-read the entire series every time a new book is released. That means I've read the entire series about 7 or 8 times. I am an old lady from Alabama who love fantasy fiction. The only other huge series like this I've read multiple times are the Dragonlance books by Weiss/Hickman. But WOT is by far my all time favorite. I read Towers of Midnight so fast that I missed so much. Reading the posts with spoilers I realize that I need to go back and read it again, much more slowly.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I have been coming to this site for years, but just joined not to long ago.I never realized there were so many others that obsessed about this world as much as I did. I can't talk to anyone in my family about them cuz they don't read them (Don't think I haven't tried to introduce them to EVERYONE I MEET!). I do however, start talking about random stuff in Randland when My hubby starts talking about his Nascar online races! He just rolls his eyes and turns away! HA HA *snort*! Anyway, just a short note to say HI!!!!!

Hello i'm also new on Dragonmount. I started to read the series in July this year, and now i'm reading De Naderende Storm (dutch version of The Gathering Storm). I read all the books in Dutch, which i pretty like, the only problem so far is that Towers at Midnight isn't translated yet, and i'm a kind of obsessed by this books. So if i finish the book i'm reading now, i'm gonna start again by the first book in English. I come from Holland/The Netherlands/ or Pays Bays (France). Historically, the founders of New York. But that don't really matter. I'm 14 years old and i enjoy the books very much. Some of my hobbies are Waterpolo, Larp, and sometimes i like a good Hike (i've walked the Nijmeegse Vierdaagse, maybe somepeople know that). On the moment i'm also very busy with i book i'm writing. I put many inspiration out of the Wot series. But i think it's a unique concept of where i'm writing of.

Guest Diennea

Hello, I wasn't quite sure if an introduction was worth a new topic so here I am, following the others!

I'm an Italian fan of the Wheel of Time (La Ruota del Tempo)and I started reading the series ten years ago. Waiting a year between two consecutive (awesome) books already published in english was impossible for me, so I began reading them in english with volume nine.

I have read all the books at least two times, and my favourite one is The Shadow Rising (L'Ascesa dell'Ombra). Between characters, I like Perrin and Egwene and absolutely hate Taim, from the first time we have seen him!

I hope my english isn't as bad as I remember it from my school days, and if it is, I ask forgiveness :happy:

Guest DinaBegum

Hi there!

I'm translating the Great Hunt into Bahasa Indonesia. I hope I can ask questions about the book if I encunter any phrase(s) which I don't understand.

Thanks.

Dina

Hello! I`m also new here at Dragonmount. I don`t usually do these kind of forums, but now I don`t have anyone to talk about WoT series because my friend who also likes the books is on the other side of the world. So now I thought it would be nice to get know other WoT readers. I have been reading the books only for a year now, but actually I would have got a chance to read them many years before, but what can you do when you understand your luck too late? :blush: Until now I have read the books in finnish but it`s no longer possible because someone decided not to translate them anymore. So for now on I have to read them in english, but that`s okey. But anyway I just love the books and Robert Jordan was amazing author and the new one is too, of course. I can say my favorite characters are Nynaeve, Perrin and Lan , but I can`t stand Egwene and Elayne :biggrin:

Guest jipsy26

Hello, I'm new to this forum for sure, but I've been reading wot since 1998. I love these books, and the characters are like family. At the news that the creator passed away I actually cried. Thank the light he had good foresight and prepared. I was amazed that Brandon Sanderson did so well with The Gathering Storm, so far Towers of midnight is fantastic!

• 2 weeks later...

Bonjour tout le monde. Or hello everyone. I am new to Dragonmount but have read the WOT series since i was 10. WOT is by far my favorite series and i reread the entire series at least once a year. I am french and i love that these books and their wonderful story can transcend even language. I hope to get to know you all and participate in the FUNN!

Archived