DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Fantasy Football Week 12

Corki

While both JD and Empy lick wounds and injured pride, I'll step up to the mantle to bring the latest news after a few weeks without any news on the Fantasy Football world. Much has happened since Week 8, which was probably the last time either Empy or JD won. The season is drawing close to the play-offs, so a lot was to play for in Week 12.

Corki's No Hopers (7-5) Vs. Boyo's Soy Bombers (10-2)

The two form teams of the league clashed in Week 12, with Corki's form of late being pretty good and putiing him right back into play-off contention. Strong performances by QB Peyton Manning and WR Anthony Gonzalez gave Corki a lead going into Monday night football. WR Grad Jenning's heroics couldn't bring the gap down for Boyo, as several key players (WR Fitzgerald, RB Slaton and WR Royal) just didn't deliver the goods, despite the fact those on the bench had awesome games! Corki's unbeaten run continues, stretching to 5 games, as he won 90.33 to 84.60, and clinches his play-off place (despite Yahoo saying otherwise). The question remains whether Corki can keep the form of the last 5 weeks up and be the dark horse to win the Championship...

RESULT: Corki's No Hopers 90.33 - 84.60 Boyo's Soy Bombers

Votes: Both Corki and Empy picked correctly, while Boyo didn't.

Kynwric's Ghosts (9-3) vs. Team Diablos (5-7)

The Ghosts ended any play-off hopes for JD as Kyn demolished Team Diablos in Week 12. The Ghosts were pre-match favourites, and didn't fail to perform. Even though LaDainian Tomlinson didn't score the points, QB Aaron Rodgers, WR Smith, WR Moss and the Minnesota all had big games with big points for the Ghosts. RB Jones-Drew, K Longwell, WR Coles and QB Rivers scored well for JD, put the others failed miserably. But it didn't matter - it was still a rout.

RESULT: Kynwric's Ghosts 165.85 - 96.79 Team

Votes: Corki, Boyo and Empy all picked Kyn for the win.

Emperor's Egomaniacs (6-6) vs. Seggie's Sithlords (3-9)

Seggie went and put a spanner in the Egomaniac's works. But at least it makes Week 13 interesting, but more later in the preview to Week 13. Having slipped to a defeat to Corki in Week 11, Empy's play-off hopes needed a boost, but now they hang by a thread after losing again. Seggie now has back-to-back wins, but it is a little too late. Despite LenDale White scoring negative points, QB Romo and Tampa Bay broke the magic 30 mark, with help from kicker Folk and RB Dunn. Empy's QB, Ben Roeth-what-a-stupidly-long-surname-burger got things going on Thursday night, but sadly the rest of his team didn't really follow. Empy now has it all to do in Week 13.

RESULT: Emperor's Egomaniacs 85.59 - 138.37 Seggie's Sithlords

Votes: Empy picked wrong, but Soyo picked right. Corki keeps his 100% voting record by not voting!

Hax's Hussies (3-9) vs. JD's Sucker Punches (9-3)

Maybe Empy should look at his brother for advise. Having already secured a play-off place, The Sucker Punches didn't take their foot off the pedal. With every player on his team winning, Hax took a good lead into Monday night. QB Eli Manning led the way, with strong help from kicker Adam Vinatieri, the Chicago defence and the Jets' RB Jones. If only Brendon Jacobs and Greg Olsen played... Terrell Owens had a massive game for the Sucker Punches, as did the Baltimore defence, putting him within touching distance of the Hussies come Monday night. And Drew Brees finished things off on Monday night, bagging a massive 39 points as the Sucker Punches eased to the win.

RESULT: Hax Hussies 125.15 - 151.62 JD's Sucker Punches

Votes: Hax backed himself and lost, as Empy and Boyo picked correctly.

Karana's Crusaders (6-6) vs. Yard Chiefs (2-9)

What perfect timing for Karana to face the league's whipping boys. Why does Sham persist with the losing formula of playing the Kansas City Chiefs? If they are playing poorly in the AFC, they aren't going to be doing any better in Fantasy Football! What was an easy win predicted for Karana turned out to be the case, despite the Chiefs playing their best this season. QB Trent Edwards lit up Karana's side, scoring a whopping 40 points, with various other players chipping in with points. The Chiefs put up a valiant effort in the end, but it wasn't good enough.

RESULT: Karana's Crusaders 123.65 - 87.83 Yard Chiefs

Votes: Corki, Empy, Boyo and Karana all picked correctly.

Game of the Week

ibleedorange (3-9) vs. Paityr's Pickles (9-3)

In a close call between this game and the Corki-Boyo match-up, I went for the lowest scoring encounter as the Game of the Week in what was a huge scoring weekend of football. Gambling to pick some Thursday night footballers, Horn didn't get off to a great start when Chad Johnson didn't play. His current smackdown talk shows his happiness. Only QB Jeff Garcia gets an honourable mention, as the rest of his failed to click. But Paityr's team didn't fair much better, despite narrowly scrapping the win. Jake Delhomme led the way with 27 points, as the rest of the team put enough in to get the win.

RESULT: ibleedorange 61.25 - 69.90 Paityr's Pickles

Votes: Horn got it wrong, while Boyo and Empy picked correctly.

In picking the games here's what it looks like

Boyo 5-1

Empy 5-1

Corki 3-0

Karana 1-0

Horn 0-1

Hax 0-1

Season Analysis

Here are the Standings.

1. Boyo's Soy Bombers 10-2 *

2. Kynwric's Ghosts 9-3 *

3. JD's Sucker Punchers 9-3 *

4. Paityr's Pickles 6-2 *

5. Corki's No Hopers 7-5 *

6. Karana's Crusaders 6-6

7. Emperor's Egomaniacs 6-6

8. Whitecloak Warriors 5-7

9. Hax's Hussies 3-9

10. ibleedorange 3-9

11. Seggie's Sithlords 3-9

12. Yard Chiefs 2-10

* = secured play-off place

With the last week of the regular season, for some, the road ends this week. For others it continues. But for two teams, it is make or break. But that is to come. But before then, here is the run down of the fixtures for week 13:

Corki's No Hopers vs. Seggie's Sithlords

The form team is seeking revenge for the Week 2 mauling that Seggie dished out. The No Hopers are on fire, and if Manning keeps playing well, and Jamal Lewis does some running this week, it should be 6 straight wins for Corki and everyone will want to avoid him in the play-offs. Unless the Sithlords have an amazing Thanksgiving Thursday...

PREDICTION: Corki's No Hopers

Hax's Hussies vs. Team Diablos

With nothing to play for bar positions, there isn't much to report here. Can JD stop losing, and can Hax finally turn his high scores into a win?

PREDICTION: Hax to squeeze past JD

JD's Sucker Punches vs. ibleedorange

A huge win may see JD sneak 2nd place and get a bye in the play-offs. But it is going to have to be massive as the Ghosts play the Yard Chiefs. There shouldn't be much stopping the Sucker Punches winning, but will it be enough for the bye?

PREDICTION: The Sucker Punches

Kynwric's Ghosts vs. The Yard Chiefs

The Ghosts play the league's whipping boys and should bag loads of points in an easy win. And the win and points will cement the Ghosts' 2nd place and bye. Unless the Kansas City Chiefs do something they haven't done in a while - win. But what is the likelihood of that?

PREDICTION: Easy win for the Ghosts as they secure 2nd and the bye.

Boyo's Soy Bombers vs. Paityr's Pickles

Top against third. An interesting tie for the final week. Despite two poor performances for both sides last week, both will want to hit some form going into the end of season. The Bombers should be too strong for the Pickles as they secure the League crown and the bye.

PREDICTION: The Soy Bombers win, going 11-2 and taking the league title.

And the game of the week without a doubt...

Emperor's Egomaniacs vs. Karana's Crusaders

With only one play-off spot left, the two 6-6 teams go head-to-head in a winner takes all encounter. It's a mouthwatering match, and it's way too close to call. Karana is coming off a much needed win against the Yard Chiefs, and Empy needs to stop losing. But whoever wins, their season continues for at least another week, while the loser will cry into their drink at what might have been. The QBs will play key roles, and the Westbrook-Barber duel is intriguing. Who is going to crack first under the pressure? Who has the bottle to hold their nerve?

PREDICTION: My money is on Empy...but only just...

That's it.

Corki

I'm a Brit, so that explains the mistakes!

Seggie sucks it up for 4 weeks in a row and his team blows up when I play him! 

Karana might just knock me out.  Westbrook has been inconsistent for the last few weeks and I am using back up RB's that could start or might take a back seat.  Do I play Cutler who could put up big numbers or suck like last week, or Ben who is consistent.  I have maybe the deepest WR core in our league.  I don't know... I need Westbrook to actually be himself for a few weeks and I should come out on top. 

Seggie just left it about 5 weeks too late to start getting a run together.

And Empy, you have more points than me, so I will drop down to sixth and face your brother, while you tussle with Paityr.

Archived