DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Seanchan with a sword

camber71

I am new to the forum and had a theory about Egeanin. I searched her name in the forum, and she appears nowhere! I believe that Egeanin is the female Seanchan with a sword from Egwene's dream. If so, how will she travel from the Altara-Murandy border to rescue Egwene in Tar Valon? One more thing, who else is dying to see Egwene serve Meidani and Elaida. I pray that this meeting occurs in the prologue, and that the prologue is released online soon...please Brandon...please?

There is nothing that says that Mat immediately goes to rescue Moiraine. Perhaps Egwene so offends Elaida at her sup with Meidani that Elaida decides to execute her after all. Perhaps Rand learns of this in the World of Dreams and sends Mat and others (including Egeanin) to rescue Egwene. Thus the tower would be attacked by the Seanchan (Mat is Prince of the Ravens), and Egwene rescued. The Red Ajah would be cast out scorned (who needs them when the taint is gone), and Mat could then journey to the Tower of Ghenji.

The slightly more common interpretation is that the Seanchan woman with the sword refers to an army led by Tuon.

Consider the wording.

Suddenly a woman appeared, clambering down the sheer side of the cliff out of the clouds, making her way as deftly as if she were walking down stairs. There was a sword strapped to her back. Her face wavered, never settling clearly, but the sword seemed as solid as the stone. The woman reached Egwene's level and held out one hand. "We can reach the top together," she said in a familiar drawling accent.

Her face wavered, never settling, yet the sword is solid. The sword is the focus of the dream--it names the nature of the woman as an army--the face wavers because it represents many people, and the figure is female over all because the army is led by Tuon, working her will.

As to what it refers to... my guess is that Tuon will lead Seanchan soldiers holed up in the Tower following the Seanchan attack to aid Egwene against an attack by the Shadow (one of the first blows of TG).

Very well thought out Luckers :). But how does Tuon cross the vast space between Ebou Dar and Tar Valon? It would have to be travelling, as I doubt Rand would willingly accept a Seanchan army meandering through several nations.  How do the Seanchan learn this? Through residues, a malevolent Forsaken, a captured windfinder, Rand himself? Could the binding of 47 Ashaman to the Salidar Aes Sedai force Mesaana to declare herself and place the White Tower under the Shadow? Could Rand actually request Tuon to attack? The phrasing of Egwene'e dream implied the rescue came first. Could Tuon end up working with Egwene's Aes Sedai in the rescue attempt?

Raken have already been seen over the WT. It has been planned for a long time and traveling isn't required. Also remember that Min had viewing that many AS would be collared... a few freed afterwards, but not all. It might be that those were only the AS with Mat right now, but I am pretty sure there will be a big showdown at the WT.

The "dream" was not precise...the figure is symbolic to represent the Seanchan as a culture.

If Egwene is to succeed, she will require the aide of the Seachan.

Not just Tuon.

Not specifically Tuon.

The Seanchan.

The hated Seanchan who put a collar on her.

She will have to overcome her instilled hatred and embrace a bitter enemy.

"War has strange bed partners."

Rand will face the same situation.

He will "kneel to the Crystal Throne" (Tuon) to reach his personal goal.

Matt will introduce Rand to his new wife.

Rand will find out that she is the new Empress (may she live forever).

She will offer her support in the south and west if Rand kneels to her.

He will do so even if only symbolically.

IMO.  ;D

But how does Tuon cross the vast space between Ebou Dar and Tar Valon?

A force has already been gathered (as of KoD) to be transported by to'raken in order to attack the Tower. Chronologically speaking, given when Perrin witnesses that the to'raken are missing and that to'raken can travel 100 miles in a day then the Seanchan could land a force as large as twelve thousand on the same day that we left Egwene last.

have 3,000 of those be damane, and another 4,000 sul'dam, and 5,000 soldiers to supplement them and they are strong enough to take and hold the Tower until a Seanchan army arrives at Tar Valon to serve as a hammer to their anvil.

That being said, i think that Tarmon Gai'don will begin before then, that Tuon and Rand will reach an alliance involving the ceasation of hostilities, that they will travel to Tar Valon to stop the attack and find the city besieged by shadowspawn, and that Tuon will lead the Seanchan in the Tower to Egwene's aid, thus repelling the attack.

The full details of my beleifs to that effect can be found in the following thread. http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/topic,20038.0.html

Archived