DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

O Joyful day, another newcomer!

Almain

Hey everybody! As the title suggested, I'm joining the Black Tower!  :D

I figured since OP is so big in the WoT series, I should make at the least one character who can channel, and I can't RP a woman so an Ashaman it is!

Before I write my Bio though, I have some questions. I hope I'm allowed to post them here.

One, I read the history of the tower, but I just want to clarify: So, if my character wants to join the Black Tower, would he go to Tear? Or straight to the Farm?

Two, does the Black Tower sends out those recruitment parties like it does in the book?

Thanks a lot for your assistance, and I can't wait to get to know and RP with all of you! :)

Hmmm.  I really don't have any idea why they couldn't.  It's not like the whitecloaks would actually be a threat to a group of Asha'man.

That being said, I really don't have any idea why the WOULD.  Given the attitude towards channeling/channelers ... too much of a headache.

But what the hell?  This is a Portal Stone World and we gain a certain amount of artistic license.  If Jehaine can have a female fade, we can recruit out of Amador :D

Well if it helps the Dragon's Amnesty has been out for a while. There's a couple of dead forsaken floating about, the Dragon's been rescued from Dumani wells. Since everything's going Crazy, you may as well jump on the bandwagon before its too late :P People are now joining the BT not just to avoid going crazy, but because its the right thing to do.

Oh yeah, and welcome to the Tower :D

Ah... I see..

Well, my chara is not joining to avoid going crazy, since he doesn't have the spark inborn. And not for doing the right thing, since he himself is not sure how right to BT is. He's joining for one of the most practical reason for learning OP. ;)

It's taking me unusually long to create the character concept for my Ashaman to be, which is why I haven't written my bio yet  :-\

I'm really-really sorry for double posting, but I have some questions and I think double posting is better than making a new topic...  :-X

I sent in my Bio! Yay!  :D

Now for the questions:

Channelers slow right? That means if say hypothetically a 68 year old starts to learn Saidin, then he can never look younger than 68 right? Since it's slowing and not reversing?

Also, Aes Sedais who are 200 year olds have fit bodies, so if say that hypothetical 68 year old started channeling, would his body get fitter with time?

And... I don't know if I remember correctly but don't recruitment parties test for those who can learn right at the place they find the person? Or do they bring them back to BT first and then test them,,, Cuz for me I would like it very much if I can RP my chara knowing that he can learn to channel with a PC...

Thanks for the assistances! And sorry again for double posting! :D

Yeah, they start slowing from the moment they first touch the Source. I think Flinn (Rand's überhealer) was mentioned to be an old soldier that turned out able to learn, and he didn't get any younger. My own BT char started at age 34, and he's 84 now (making him pretty much the oldest BTer in the Div, i believe, but i disgress) but he still looks to be in his mid-thirties.

Aes Sedai in their 200's are still fit, because (let's not forget) they started Novicehood at age 16-18. The Tower simply doesn't accept old people in the ranks. Thus, they slowed at an early age as well, and simply remained fit until they were 200 years old. If they'd start at 68, they'd start slowing from there on, and at age 200 other 200-year-olds (the young starters) would run circles around them.

My two cents, anyway.

That makes sense... Poor hypothetical 68 years old man...  :'(

Thanks for the explanation!  :)

Now, sorry for repeating the question, but I kinda want to know:

And... I don't know if I remember correctly but don't recruitment parties test for those who can learn right at the place they find the person? Or do they bring them back to BT first and then test them,,, Cuz for me I would like it very much if I can RP my chara knowing that he can learn to channel with a PC...

Thanks in advance!

I've never heard of this legion of the dragon stuff. Someone mind filling me in?

People are tested there and then on the spot. Its the old 'stare at the flame until we can tell if you're crazy or not.' If they can channel they're taken back to the BT to learn.

To be honest, no one I know of has RPed failing the test. I've never heard of sending people to the Legion of the Dragon either :P

Actually, in regards to the slowing, I believe RJ said that the effects of aging would begin to reverse somewhat on an older person who learned to channel.  A 80 year old woman who is taught to channel would gradually look younger and younger as the slowing took effect.  So she would eventually regress in age back to ... mid 30's maybe.

Covai.  In the books, thousands of men came running in response to the amnesty to see if they could channel.  Whoever tested true went with the Asha'man.  The majority who couldn't were given to Davram Bashere to form a more mundane army.  The Legion of the Dragon.

But as far as I know, the Legion doesn't exist at DM.

Hmm... So the recruitment party finds out if one can channel on the spot? Is there no way for me to make it so that I don't get tested until BT? Like maybe one of the recruiter needed to go bad :P Or something like that

If not then it's totally fine though..

Thanks! :)

You know, I always wanted to make a novice that failed her Arches, but I think that the WT already wants to kill me for my insane characters, and this one I think would have Jayd rolling in her bed at night, muttering my name and the words "dammit" and "drowning"... or something like that!

Welcome to the WT!  As I suck at writing men, I have a BT Civie... she is Arath's friend from Pre - Tower, and hates Tai (Who scared her in the middle of the night) and will work at the Inn some, so if you ever wanna do an RP or something, let me know, always around!

And any questions, you can poke Arath on msn :D  (Or Me, but I am not an Ashie)

Hmm... So the recruitment party finds out if one can channel on the spot? Is there no way for me to make it so that I don't get tested until BT? Like maybe one of the recruiter needed to go bad :P Or something like that.

I would think that your character wouldn't get tested until they got to the BT.  I'm just saying that since we're not worrying about the Legion or anything, your character would obviously be found with the ability to channel upon testing.  If you wanted to suggest other people came with you and couldn't, you could say they just went off somewhere else or sommat :)

Oh... I was confused because some people said that they test on the spot and some say they test you in the Farm, and I actually remember both is true in the book  :-\

Alrighty then, should I post in the RP Planning Board to ask if anybody would RP testing me?

Thanks once again! :D