DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Basic Weapon Handling.....((Attn: Kabria))

Sieve

Perivar scanned the area around the training grounds looking for her.  He had not seen Kabria since her survival training and was eager to see her.  He thought of playing a joke on her and hiding though he did not want to delay seeing her for a moment.  Their only contact had been through written correspondence.  Perivar had just recently returned from a trip to Bandar Eban with Mistress Thera and Andrial Sedai.  Perivar had hastily written a note when he left and had written her again upon his return.  His only word from her was that she was busy and would meet him this morning for training. 

Perivar wished he could forget the trip though that would not happen anytime soon.  The trip was certainly eventful, more so than he would have wished for.  For a time he thought Andrial Sedai would forcibly bond him or Mistress Thera...there was a time when he thought she might bond both of them.  He shuttered at the thought.  He could not imagine returning to the Tower to tell Kabria that he was bonded by another Aes Sedai after swearing to her that he would be her Warder.  Light she would probably kill him on the spot he thought, then she would go after Andrial Sedai.  How could he explain the torturous trip with the Aes Sedai?  The fact that the Aes Sedai still meant to claim him even armed with the knowledge that he was sworn to Kabria.  He couldn't hide it from Kabria, she had to know but would she blame him for it.

Perivar pushed those thoughts from his head.  He knew Kabria would be happy with the training today.  If she progressed enough with the forms over the course of the day then she would get to wield the real thing.  That should make her happy.  He nonchalantly twirled the practice sword in his hand as he waited on her arrival.  He wondered what snug outfit she would be wearing today.  Her training attire seemed to be tailored to drive him out of his mind.  To make it even worse he knew exactly what was hiding beneath her clothes.  He felt his cheeks heating and pushed that thought away.  It was not easy as his thoughts had drifted to their nights alone which made the blood start pulsing through his body.  Of course her timing was perfect so that Kabria came upon him while his cheeks were bright red.  She eyed him curiously and he bowed deeply out of respect grateful for the opportunity to hide his face. 

"Good morning Kabria Sedai" He smiled at her.  "You look lovely today, as usual."  He eyed her outfit with an approving look.

Kabria had been meticulous in choosing her manner of dress this morning; she wanted to remind Perivar of what he had missed, but without being too obvious. She’d been a little miffed to hear that he was gone, and with another Aes Sedai, but when she heard that Mistress Thera was going along all her fears were allayed.

With her dagger in the sheath at her belt she headed down to the yards. Pointedly ignoring the approving looks she got from other trainees and Tower Guards a like. It was nice to be thought of as beautiful and poking fun at Perivar’s jealousy was always amusing, but today she had eyes for only one man. When she came into the clearing that was the practice yards her future warder’s face was red enough to match the crimson in her hair. She arched one eyebrow and scanned the clearing looking for the cause, seeing nothing she gave him a quizzical look and rolled her eyes at his bow. Something had him on edge, even in pubic as they were now he rarely made a show of being so formal.

“Good morning Perivar, and welcome back to the Yards. I hope your journey went well, obviously you are back in one piece so it could not have been too bad.” Taking a practice sword from him she copied the twirl he’d executed as she was walking towards him. While he had been away she had been training with another of the guards, learning to better control her feet and her wrists.

There was a small look of shock in his eyes and the familiar twinkle that said he was jealous and curious over whom she’d been spending her time with. With another twirl of the practice lathes she grounded them and rested her hands on the hilt. “ Tell me..did you enjoy Bandar Eban?” Her voice was casual, and light but she had a predatory gleam in her eyes.

Light this was not how he had envisioned his return, they never seemed to work out well for him.  He watched the confidence with which she held the bundled lathe practice sword.  He would have to ask her about that but not now.  "Well I am in one piece in body though I am not so sure my mind is completely intact.  No disrespect to Aes Sedai but I met one who was rather....well difficult to deal with.  She apparently has no respect for oaths or promises and chooses to interpret them however it suits her needs."  He watched as she glared at him the question was plain on her face.

"Light no, she did not bond me though there were plenty of times that I was not so sure I would return unbonded.  She still seems to think that she will bond me if she chooses to regardless of any claim that you may have on me."  He had to let her know.  "I swear it Kabria, I must have told her a thousand times that I was sworn to you.  I did not mention your name but she knew about us.  She is not a pleasant woman.  She basically told me that she would bond me."  Towards the end he realized that he was gritting his teeth.  He softened his tone.  "I am sorry Kabria, I did all that I could to keep her at bay.  When I objected she acted as if I had never said a word.  The times when she acknowledged my words she twisted them and threw them back at me."  He shrugged his shoulders.  "It was not pleasant at all."   

Kabria arched her eyebrow again upon hearing of this Aes Sedai. She wondered idly if she was a fellow Green. Poaching where another Sister had staked claim was frowned upon, but more so among her Ajah Sisters.

“Well..you are lucky that she did not succeed, or you would be feeling the pain of her beating. You know I do not take your promise lightly, but I would not hold you accountable for what someone else did. It would have been she who paid.” Purposely she didn’t ask the Sister’s name, knowing that it would only fuel her anger. There was time enough to find out, when she’d had time to calm down. Walking over to him and laying a hand on his arm she smiled. “I can’t imagine how awful that was for you, trying to remain loyal when you were tempted so. Perhaps later I will be able to help make up for the..horrors..of your trip. That is if you still find me attractive after spending time around Domani women.”

It was hard for her to control her anger, especially when she thought of him loose in Bandar Eban, and all of those hussies running around. It was well known that they couldn’t help but tie men around their little fingers and most women had an appetite for Borderland men. Her outbursts were one of the things that she’d been instructed to work on, learning to control when and to what degree her fury was unleashed was as important as control of the power. Kabria figured she may as well start with Perivar, he would find her pleasant attitude a surprise; though she didn’t think she would ever manage much more than a rudimentary control of her temper.  Some Aes Sedai did have tempers after all.

Perivar was glad that Kabria did not press the matter further.  He doubted that she would let it rest though.  He knew that she would discover the identity of the Aes Sedai but he hoped she would not take it any further than that.  He eyed her as she walked over and put her hand on his arm.  He was caught off guard by her smile...it was not a typical smile but he could not gauge her mood by it.

"Believe me there was no time for temptation.  If you feel the need to offset the horrors of my trip then I welcome your efforts.  Perhaps I will even embelish a little so you try a little harder to ease my pain."  He very nearly pouted to prove how hurt he had been then laughed out loud.  "How could I not find you attractive you are still the most beautiful woman in the world.  You can not believe how much I missed you.  Perhaps I will show you just how much."  He arched an eyebrow then looked at her hands on the hilt of the practice sword.  "Unless I have been replaced?" Clearly she had been working with someone.  The thought of her with another man turned his stomach. 

Kabria knew Perivar and had the firm belief that she did not need the bond to know his every mood, and right now he was tense. Had there been more to his trip than he was willing to admit? Or was he worried about how she’d react. She had not always had even the small amount of control that she had now on her temper.

“..You can not believe how much I missed you.  Perhaps I will show you just how much." At least in that he sounded something like his old self,somewhat, and Kabria felt the familiar tingle shoot up her spine. “You seem tense Perivar..I think there is more that you need to say, but perhaps it is better left for later?” she gave him a reassuring smile, but it slipped when he asked about her training.

"Unless I have been replaced?"

“Have the sun fallen from the sky? Or the dark on broke free and covered the world in darkness and death? If none of those things have come to be then there is no way you have been replaced.” The fingers of her free hand drifted up to caresses the golden chain around her neck. “Most men are afraid of the Green with the viperous tongue and the rest are too afraid of you to do more than look at me, and most not even that. Really Perivar..did you think me so inconsistent in my love.” This time when she smiled she allowed more of her usual snap to her words, almost daring him to answer the wrong way. “I did not know how long you would be gone and you know I cannot bond until I have completed my training. I went looking for Melenis to see if she could help and ended up finding a nice young boy who helped me work on my foot work and my wrists.”

“Oh wipe that look off your face! He was little more than a child, you know I like my men rugged and strong, and with belled braids and a jealous streak hot enough to start a fire.” She winked at him and twirled the practice lathes in her hands. Apparently the distance and time apart had had an effect on him as well, he too wanted to know that he was still loved.

Perivar let out a breath that he had not been aware that he was holding.  At least she had not betrayed him.  A knot seemed to loosen from between his shoulder blades.  He didn't doubt her love or her commitment to him but he was on edge from the trip.  He had enough of betrayal and lies.

Perivar smiled at her, she was like a breath of fresh air.  He reached up to caress her face.  If anyone was watching then they could go to the pit of doom.  "No I never doubted your love, never that.  You seem to be the one piece of consistency in my life.  The one thing that keeps me whole."  It was true, if there was one thing he was certain of, it was her love for him.

Did others really not take interest in her because of him?  Or was it because they knew she would call them down for it then drub them senseless?  Some would respect the relationship between them but others were scavengers and would move in on someone else's territory without hesitation.  The thought of the latter made him angry.  His jealously was reknowned, he trusted Kabria but he did not trust others.

Perivar had no idea it was there but Kabria could plainly see a tightness at the corner of his eyes that had not been there before he left.  His forehead was scrunched as well as if it was harboring some of the tension.  He looked to her as if he were in the void completely unaware of his outward appearance for had he been aware of it he would certainly had smoothed his features to keep any signs of the strain from her.  As much as he revealed to her he still had issues with letting his emotions and thoughts flow freely.

Perivar noticed Kabria studying him and smiled at her to hide the strain.  "Well we best get on with it.  Do you remember the form Lion on the Hill? 

He could not lie to her, or hope to cover his unrest with smiles; she knew that something was bothering him. “I love you Perivar and we will talk of this later.” Her face was all smiles but in her eyes you could see her worry. A mocking voice in the back of her mind began to wonder if the Aes Sedai had succeeded with even part of her plan. She did not think he would lie to her about the lack of a bond, but maybe she had made a place in his head, if not his heart.

She constantly feared that Perivar’s honor would end him up in a situation where he could not refuse, it was one of the faults she’d found with her Borderlander…His overzealous insistence that his honor remain intact.

"Well we best get on with it.  Do you remember the form Lion on the Hill?”

Grinning slightly she moved into the basic guard stance and raised the blade shoulder high. When she saw the surprise in his eyes she could not help but perform The Falcon Stoops. The young man she had been training with had taught her to use her speed to her advantage and that was one move she’d practiced over and over again.

"What do you think Tower Guard of my heart..do I remember?"

He responded that he loved her as well and was happy that the talk if it occurred would be later.  For now he did not want to think of it.  "Yes, Later" he murmered, much much later he hoped.  Perhaps it would pass and she would just let it rest.

He nodded as she took on the form Lion on the Hill.  Then arched an eyebrow as performed The Falcon Stoops and smiled warmly "Impressive, you have been practicing and...learning I see."  A stab of jealousy struck him.  She was right, he was very jealous of others being in her presence when he could not be.  He was jealous when anyone even looked her way which was often unless they caught him glaring at them with murder in his eyes.

"Do you have any other surprises for me?"  He looked her way the question plain in his eyes as he studied her.  "Do you know any other forms?"

"Impressive, you have been practicing and...learning I see." Kabria could not help but preen under his scrutiny. It was not that she was vain, only that she liked the feeling of him looking at her with respect almost as much as she did when he was looking at her with desire. Both sent tingle up her spine and put a smile on her face.

"Do you have any other surprises for me” Kabria’s smile spread and she dipped into her belt pouch and pulled out a small note she’d written so many months ago. It was meant as a gift on the night he was raised, but that night had not turned out at all as planned. Pressing the letter into his hand she only smiled.

“You can open that later if you want, but it is a surprise, it…goes with another I got for you.” Her eyes held a mischievous gleam and when he looked confused she only winked.

"Do you know any other forms?"

“I know plenty of forms my love..but I think it is sword forms you mean.” There was only one other that she’d practiced..two if you counted her balance exercise, and she was more than willing to demonstrate. Closing her eyes to center herself she began with Heron Wading in the Rushes before falling in to Low Wind Rising. It was a tad sloppy but still much better than she could have preformed it even two days before.

“They are not my best, but I am getting better every day. Sadly though…that is all I know. I guess I will leave myself in your capable hands.” Her tone hinted that she meant for more than just today’s lesson. “but…I want our promise of dinner this evening before we go on.”

Perivar looked down at his hand as she pressed a letter into his hand.  It brought dreadful thoughts to his mind which he had to struggle with to tuck them away.  The last time he returned to her and had been given a note had gone horribly wrong.  Light send it would not go that way again.  He could not handle that a second time.  He pushed the thought away and cursed himself for being a fool.  Perivar nodded as she said he could open it later and tucked it carefully inside his coat.  Truthfully he wanted to open it now but it did not seem like the time to do it.

Perivar smiled at her comment about the forms.  It was good to be back and in her company again.  He was truly miserable without her.  He watched her approvingly as she performed Heron Wading in the Rushes then went into Low Wind Rising.  They were passable for one who was so new to the forms.  She was always a quick study and eager to learn.

Perivar chuckled at her comment about putting herself in his capable hands.  He had to tamp down the thoughts of being intimate with her again.  It was no easy task.  "You have time for dinner with me tonight?" which she affirmed with a nod and a smile.

"I would not miss the opportunity to dine with you for anything."  Perivar had not expected that she would have time for him tonight.  It was a nice surprise.  Some of the tension seemed to release itself just from being in her presence.

Perivar became all serious as he always did when it came to training.  Well he tried as hard as he could.  She had found ways to break down his resolve but he tried to stick to the training once it began.  It was not an easy task with her standing there brushing her crimson tipped pale blonde locks from her face looking more beautiful than any woman he had ever met.  And those mischievous smiles, light they sent a tingle through his body.  It was amazing that a simple look from her could do that to him.  She had a way about her that made him bend to her will.  Clearing his throat he pushed those thoughts away.  For her own good he had to be as professional and serious as possible.  Kisses and compliments would not help her in battle.  He was intent on making sure she was trained well.  There was always time later for kisses and such.

"So you know Lion on the Hill, The Falcon Stoops, Heron Wading in the Rushes, and Low Wind Rising.  Heron Wading in the Rushes is only for practicing your balance.  It is not a form to be used in combat.  All you will likely do is receive your opponent's blade in your body.  I would leave it for practice only."

Perivar demonstrated for her all of the basic thrusting forms explaining how these could be used with a dagger or nives as well.  Perivar started with The Kingfisher takes a Silverback from shoulder height stabbing downward towards an invisible opponents abdomen.  Then he showed her the same form but starting from a point below the shoulder stabbing downward as if for an opponents leg.  "If your starting point is above the shoulder then you should go for the abdomen, if lower than the shoulder then you should strike for the groin or leg.  You can also use this for to parry certain midlevel strikes."  Perivar watched as she tried the form on a practice dunmmy starting both above and below the shoulder.  He had her turn to face him then swung the bundled lathe practice sword at half speed toward her midsection so that she could practice the parry. 

Next Perivar demonstrated Hummingbird Kisses the Honeyrose.  He explained to her that the quick thrust to the face had a dual purpose.  Facial wounds were nasty but they were also a very good deterrent.  "You can use this form for other areas of your opponent's body but the face is your primary target.  Strike like a viper, the blade should start from shoulder height.  You can strike other parts of their body but it will not be as quick as a strike to the face."  Again he let her practice on the dummy.

Kabria already knew The Falcon Stoops so he had her practice it on the training dummy.  Perivar took the bundled lathe blade from her then handed her a version of her real short sword though it had blunted edges.  She needed to get the feel for the weight of a real weapon.  Perivar would not hand her the real sword until she was comfortable with all of the basic forms.  "Most of the forms require or work best with two hands on the hilt.  You may place your offhand on the hilts pommel or you can keep it free.  You will have to decide which is more functional for you."   Perivar watched as she wielded the sword with little difficulty.  She had obviously been keeping up with her fitness training which made him smile.  He had expected that she would.  "Work through all of the basic thrusting forms then we will take a break."

As she watched him tuck the note into his pocket Kabria wondered what he would think of her little gift. She wasn’t sure if he would use it, but if he would not she could make use of it. Reaching back she rubbed the spot just above her right hip and winced at the still fresh pain. Painful as they were, each had been more worth it than the last. 

"You have time for dinner with me tonight?" Kabria’s face broke into a smile and she nodded empathetically. So much had changed since he’d been gone.  "I would not miss the opportunity to dine with you for anything.”Still excited to share her new it was hard to concentrate while he went over the forms. It wasn’t that she didn’t want to learn, only that learning from him was always hard. Especially when he smiled. Did he have no idea how it set her heart racing and made her knees weak?.  "If your starting point is above the shoulder then you should go for the abdomen, if lower than the shoulder then you should strike for the groin or leg.  You can also use this for to parry certain midlevel strikes."  Watching him demonstrate was the best part of her lessons. The grace he carried with him in every aspect of his life was mirrored ten fold when a blade was in his hand. He had to show her several twice because of her lack of concentration .She’d been too busy staring at the way his legs filled out his pants to notice the movement of the sword.

Finally she was able to shut off all thoughts of their night together and focus on the matter at hand. Her practice and hard work was quickly rewarded by being able to handle a real weapon, if one with a blunted blade. Focusing on the placement of her feet and the movement of her arms she struck at the dummy repeatedly in rapid succession. Both of her teachers had been able to see that speed would be her strongest suit.

"Most of the forms require or work best with two hands on the hilt.  You may place your offhand on the hilts pommel or you can keep it free.  You will have to decide which is more functional for you."    Both of Kabria’s hands her firmly on the hilt and she didn’t think she could swing the weapon any other way. Leaving one hand free made her feel unbalanced and as if she was going to chop off her own leg. Keeping both hands on the blade she practiced all the forms he’d taught her and the one’s she already knew over and over again until her arms began to shake and her breath came in pants.

Glancing at Perivar she continued to move, hoping that she showed at least half of his grace, waiting for him to call stop.

"Well done" he said smiling at her.  Kabria was a quick study.  She had the mechanics down, now she just had to work on them daily.  At this pace she was going to wear herself out and they had more forms to cover before the day was over.  "You are doing very well.  Add those to your daily routine, over time it will be second nature and you will know which form you wish to use in a given situation without conscious thought."

Perivar glanced at the base of a tree that lay just outside the trampled earth that was the training grounds.  The basket had been delivered as expected.  A little coin and some kindness were responsible for that.  The kitchen helpers were more than happy to make a delivery if you were nice and made it worth their while.

Perivar reached down and picked up a sack.  He reached in and pulled out a tooled leather sword belt with a scabbard attached.  Both the belt and scabbard retained their natural leather color and were decorated with roses.  He could not tell if the smith had stamped the roses into the leather or if he tooled it in some way.  He left the leather undyed so that she could choose the color of the dye.  Perivar removed her other belt with the dagger and draped it over his shoulder.  He would have to transfer the dagger and its scabbard to the other belt.  He fastened the sword belt around her waste fighting back the urge to take her into his arms and kiss her passionately.  He hated being in public.  "For now you can sheath the practice sword.  You will need to get used to its weight."

When she sheathed the blade, Perivar took her hand and led her to the tree where the basket was waiting.  "It is time for a break.  I'm sure you're hungry."  It was a large basket with enough food for three.  He had learned that sometimes she was so consumed with her training in the Tower that she forgot to eat.  Due to that possibility he made sure their was extra.  He had seen her polish off a tray of food before.  He had no idea where she stored it since by the look of her it appeared as if she ate like a bird.  Though when he held her there was no mistake.  Her body was tight and she possessed a surprising amount of strength for such a small body. 

Perivar held her had as she took a seat.  Once she sat he let go of her hand so she could adjust the scabbard.  It would take her time to get used to that.  As she settled in he sat down next to her.  Reaching into his coat he pulled out the letter and began to read as she started rummaging through the basket.

She wanted to drop the practice sword where she stood and let her arms rest, but instead she grounded the point and smiled up at Perivar. He could work her to death and still she wasn’t sure that she would ever be able to wipe the smile from her face.

Seeing a young man deliver the small basket of food made Kabria smile; he wasn’t her warder yet and already he was taking care of her. So caught up in the sweet thoughts of later that evening she did not see the other sack or the sword belt until he’d buckled it around her waist. It was the most beautiful un-dyed leather, but the weight of the sword seemed to pull down on her hip. She fumbled with it and had to hold it out of her way before she could take a seat.

Feeling as if she had not eaten in a month Kabria began puling food out of the basket and didn’t notice the letter in his hands until it was too late. With a bit of cheese halfway to her mouth she froze. She’d never intended that note to be read with her sitting right next to him, the word were to intimate and she didn’t think she would be able to lie to him abut the surprise.  Even thinking about it made her hip twinge and she shifted trying to make the sword belt feel natural.

Focusing on getting more food into her mouth she tried to pretend as if she’d not seen him open the note, but her flushed cheeks gave her away.

Perivar smiled and seemed to study the note.  He could feel Kabria's eyes on him as he read.  He spared a glance at her noticing the redness of her checks though he did not comment on it.  Perivar was dense sometimes and naive others so the first two lines made him wonder to himself.  Was she trying to confess something, the last time he went away and returned...he pushed the thought away which was replaced by shame that he would think of that now.  He was supposed to have put that behind him.

The last line was reassuring and made him smile at her.  The middle, well that was intriguing.  A surprise, he wondered what she could be up to.  She had given him nearly every gift imaginable.  He was not used to receiving gifts and it made him uncomfortable. 

Perivar had not wanted to comment on what had her blushing so, so he let it rest.  Perhaps he should have read the note later when he was alone.  Maybe then he could reason it all out.  He needed more time.  Perplexing, intriguing, and wonderous all in one short letter.  By the time he tucked the note inside his coat her face was Aes Sedai serenity again. 

Perivar picked up some food though before putting it to his mouth he said "Thank You Kabria, you are always in my heart as well."   With his free hand he caressed her cheek.  He had to at least thank her and comment on her loving words.  "I left the belt and scabbard un-dyed so that you can pick the color or leave it un-dyed."  He popped the morsel of food into his mouth.

Kabria nuzzled her cheek against his hand and closed her eyes, letting the tension of the last few weeks melt away with his touch. “You will go soon won’t you?” she whispered “We could go tonight.. together?” Her hand reached out to grasp his thigh and she dug her nails into his flesh. It would be heavenly to lie in his arms again. Feeling him tense she opened her eyes, her face speaking volumes about her dislike for their public location. The intensity she saw reflected in him made her heart skip a beat and she had to look away or she was not sure she would be able to wait until they were alone.

“The..um..the leather.” She reached down to trace her fingers along the roses. “I think I may leave it un-dyed, it is more…natural that way.” Trying to form cohesive thoughts with him looking at her in such a hungry way was hard, but she pressed on trying to think about anything but his strong arms. “Do you think I will be competent for a real sword someday soon?” She passed over his comments that it would take time. “I am beginning to feel like I may actually gain control of my weapons. The extra practice and your training regimen seem to have done wonders for my figure.”

Talking about her body was not way to distract him. Kabria flushed again when she realized that her fingers were still gently caressing his knee. She pulled her hand back and tucked a few stray hairs out of her face. “So..while you were away I was able to do some thinking and I…I think that as soon as we are able we should leave the Tower. I could be of some use in the Borderlands and I think that I would like to meet your family.”

Before when he’d mentioned the trip she’d shied away and tried to make excuses, but the new weaves she’d been learning and her added responsibility in her Ajah had allayed a lot of her simpler fears.

Even talk of his family couldn’t take her mind completely from where she wished to be. Using all her willpower she put her hands into her own lap and tried to look at anything but his face.

Perivar cursed himself, he could survey a field and see where the best location was for an ambush.  He could face an opponent and weigh their strengths and weaknesses in a matter of seconds.  He could do any number of things but for the life of him he could not read women or their intentions.  He was even worse with written words.  He would be dreadfully overwhelmed by the Cairhienen and their silly game of houses. 

As if she understood his consternation she whispered “You will go soon won’t you?” there was only on reason to whisper he thought, the words were for his ears only. “We could go tonight.. together?”  Those whispered words were like a sweet song to his ears, her hand on his thigh made the fire come alive inside of him.  He felt the blood start coursing through his veins as her nails dug into his leg.  The words from her letter came alive in his head mixing with her whispers.  Light he was dense sometimes but now there was no doubt.  He was very naive with women but...it was so hard to resist the urge to carry her away to their private getaway.  His eyes drank her in, he hungered for her.  By the look on her face he thought she wished to be alone as well.  "Together?" He muttered "Tonight?...Yes, tonight would be perfect."  Any time with her would be welcomed.  "After dinner?" He asked and the thoughts of an evening together ran wild in his head.

Thankfully Kabria changed the subject.  He was unsure how long his willpower could have held against the thoughts in his head.  The thought of abandoning their training and retiring to their getaway now, not later.  She asked about carrying her real weapon.  She was getting closer, much closer but she still needed a little more time before she could carry it.  He had been especially hard on her but when she did carry it she would certainly be ready, more ready than most.  She trained hard which was apparent.  Kabria mentioned her figure and the thoughts of the two of them together crept back in.  Her fingers caressing his knee brought back the fire and the pulsing.  He usually welcomed the thoughts and the feel of her hands on his body though they were in public now and the light knew who was watching.  Andrial Sedai had known about them so it stood to reason that someone was watching even though he couldn't see them.  Reluctantly he forced the thoughts away trying to stay focused.  As if she came to the same realisation she took her hand from his leg and brushed a few strands of hair from her face.  Even that subtle movement seemed graceful. 

Leave the Tower? Together? The thoughts raced through his head.  Finally, he hated being idle.  She wanted to meet his family.  He suddenly felt nervous hoping it did not show on his face.  Would she like his family?  He knew they would like her, they respected Aes Sedai and the work of the White Tower in service to the light.  Well his father did, but would his mother still be bitter about them taking her son from her.  Would she hold it against Kabria?  What would she think of them being together?  Perivar knew his mother would come to like her as soon as she got to know her.  Kabria was very much like his mother.  She was strong willed and a tough woman to deal with at times.  A person that you definately wanted on your side.  He had seen her go off on his father often enough and he took care not to upset her too much.  Very much like his relationship with Kabria.

"That would be most welcome, I long to be away from here, with you!" He emphasized the last two words.  "I would like you to meet my family...and we still need to look for yours."  He had promised her that they would search for word of her Grandparents in Kandor.  He prayed to the Creator that they were alive and well, prayed that they could find them.  He reached into the basket, much to his surprise most of the food was gone.  How long had they been sitting there?  It was so easy to lose track of time in her presence.  "Are you ready to continue?" He asked though his voice lacked his usual enthusiasm.  He had to force the words out.  He would rather enjoy her company than train her yet it had to be done, duty.  That word had a way of creeping between them.  Soon his duty would be to serve her and it would no longer chafe him so.  The thought made him smile, he would take great pleasure in serving her. 

Kabria’s back stiffened slightly when he mentioned trying to find her family. She was no longer so sure that they would want to meet her or her them .Knowing Katarina even as briefly as she had, it was possible that her grandparents did not even know she existed. Thinking of her tattoo’s and appearance and the fact that she was Aes Sedai made her more and more unsure that they would accept and welcome the offspring of their little girl.

“We shall see how much time we have after I have met your family” She smiled at him to cover her angst and reassure any doubts. Distance always made the need for reassurance stronger and if her own feelings were any indication there would be much reassurance needed.

The idea of picking back up her weapon made Kabria want to groan, but with the food done and nothing but inappropriate thoughts in her head, there really was no other choice.

“Anything that will get me closer to tonight.” Accepting his hand up, she grinned and winked when she saw him checking out her form.

Perivar noticed Kabria’s reaction when he mentioned her family.  He simply nodded in response to her comment.  Was she having second thoughts about finding her grandparents?  He knew that she felt uncomfortable about her past.  Nothing he said could ease her discomfort and that pained him.  He hated seeing her like that.  Regardless of her past she was a wonderful woman and he was lucky to have her.

He couldn’t help but admire her form as he helped her.  Her grin and wink had said that she already pushed the thoughts away and moved on.  Perivar felt the moment to speak had passed but he needed to say it.  He took the sword from her hand and dropped it before taking both of her hands in his.  “Whatever has happened in our past is behind us now.  I have loved you since the moment we met and my love for you only grows stronger with each passing day.  Whatever brought us to the Tower has allowed us to meet one another and I feel like the luckiest man to have you in my life.  I want you to know that no matter what I love you more than anything.”  He pulled her to his chest and hugged her gently(for him) not caring for a second that someone could be watching.  Let the Dark One take anyone who had an issue with it.

Reluctantly he released Kabria then bent over to pick up her sword and handed it to her.  He stepped away from her and drew his sword.  Now she knew the thrusting forms so it was on to the rest.  Since she was wearing the sword belt he showed her Folding the Fan though he did it as if his sheath was on his belt since his was on his back.  Next he demonstrated Leopard in the Tree which he worked right into Unfolding the Fan.  Perivar had her repeat them over and over until she had the basic mechanics down.

After a brief break to rest her muscles and to take on water they were back at it.  There were only four forms to complete her training then she would have to practice them as often as she could to become proficient.  Perivar showed her Arc of the Moon, The Courtier Taps his Fan, Parting the Silk, and Grapevine twisting.  He saved The Grapevine Twines for last.  Perivar told her to swing at him.  She did so reluctantly, he blocked the stroke then as their blades were locked for that brief instance he did the maneuver sending her sword flying through the air.  She put her fists on her hips glaring at him and he smiled at her.  She muttered something about paying him back.  He grinned wider and knew he had made a mistake.  Before he knew it his sword was wrenched from his hands by unseen flows of air and flew fifty paces through the air before landing on the ground behind him.

Every time he whispered sweet words to her, Kabria’s heart melted and she felt a tingle run through her body. Sometimes she wondered if he calculated those words just to see her tremble. Leaning into the hug she too didn’t care who could see. If everyone didn’t know by this point that the two of them meant to bond they were dumb as well as blind. Reaching up on her toes she kissed both his cheeks before accepting the sword and trying to stike at him.

She couldn’t be comfortable with the idea of raising even a practice sword to her love, but something just had to be endured. Her feelings changed when he turned the tables on her attacks. The sword flew from her hands and Kabria glared. How dare he?! She stalked over to pick up her own blade and in the same breath sent his flying. “Lets see how he likes playing fetch!”

When he returned with his blade she was already back in guard stance waiting for him. “What took you so long love? Did you get lost.” The small grin on her face let him know that she wasn’t really mad, but this time she put her all into trying to reach him. Her mind tried to focus on putting each foot just right and her arms ached with the effort of achieving perfect precision with the blade. Anything less and she would lose far worse than she already was. For several minutes they spared and Kabria managed to forget that she was trying to strike at her beloved.

Finally he called halt and Kabria gave him a grateful smile. She was in far better shape than she had been a few weeks ago, but still not a scrap on him. It would take time for her to even come close to matching him.

Perivar walked to retrieve his sword.  He smiled as his back was to her.  Kabria was fiesty and he liked it.  She would give just as good as she got and then some.  She had a playful side that he enjoyed immensely.  Definately not a woman that you wanted to anger, unless you were her lover.  He did not enjoy making her angry but he enjoyed making up with her. 

Her words mocked him as he returned with his sword in hand.  The small grin showed that she was not mad at all.  "Was I long my love? If I was I hadn't noticed.  Well come to think of it," He tapped his lip with a finger "there was this woman who caught my attention, she was captivating."  He laughed and she attacked him with her sword trying desperately to reach him.  He laughed "Easy Kabria! It was you!" He had to shout so she could hear him as he danced backwards parrying her strikes.  Occasionally he would tap her with his practice blade to let her know she was exposed but she adjusted quickly and kept on the attack.  Her skill was definately increasing and she was in much better shape than when she first started training.  Her footwork was very good and she was very quick.  By the end of the spar she actually began to flow through the forms, forming several different combinations based on what he had taught her.

Perivar finally called a halt.  He could see her slowing and knew that she would continue to the point of exhaustion if he did not stop him.  He was being slightly selfish, they had a date tonight and did not want her too exhausted to stay awake past dinner.  "You are doing very well my love!  I fear that I may be training you too well.  Remind me not to make you angry."  He smiled at her with a look of pride.  He spared a glance for the sun to gauge its position.  "Just enough time to wash up and make it to dinner.  I will walk you to the Tower doors."  As they walked he inquired when he should meet her and where.  Hopefully she would allow him to escort her from the Tower.       

“Are you saying that I do not look and smell as fresh as a rose my love?” Her voice was so innocent and so sweet, carrying all the musical quality of her mothers, any fool would know she was up to something and Perivar was no fool .  Kabria couldn’t say why she liked to poke at him so. Perhaps it was because it was with sharp words that they first met or even how deliciously wonderful it was when he stuttered and stumbled to reassure her of his love. Best of all was always when he gave it back to her ten fold. Before she’d met Jasine and later Arath and finally Perivar she had been able to chase of every man who came near with only her tongue. She had tried hard with Perivar, even threatened and belittled his pride and still he had stayed. Kabria had always meant to ask him why.

So in those times when he was bold and refused to let her gain the upper hand she felt as if she had an equal. A man she could be proud to have by her side, and a man who would stand up to her as well as for her. Glancing down at the small circlet of gold around his finger she smiled broader.

He may not know it yet, but she had plans for their marriage, only time would tell if they worked out how she’d dreamed. “Tonight? I will meet you in the main hall of the Tower.” She knew that he wanted to see her rooms and more of the Green Ajah Quarters, but that couldn’t happen…not yet.

Standing up on tip toe to kiss his cheek she handed him back the practice sword, but left the new belt around her waist. Even without the added weight it would take time to get used to its feel. Leaving her love standing at the bottom of the steps she walked the rest of the way alone. In her tight pants and no coat a few men stared appreciative and each one was met with one of her infamous glares. Most looked away at that and Kabria smiled, it was good to know that not everything about her had changed. Only her tolerance for men and the gaining of the shawl.

Her innocent sweet voice chimed softly in his ears like music from a perfectly tuned instrument.  Kabria's words were meant to trap him if he was fool enough to answer the wrong way.  She took great pleasure in tripping him up.  Say the wrong thing and she would never let him forget it.  How often she had him stammering an apology or trying to say what her really meant.  He was not very witty and at times had difficulty saying what he meant. Instead of one perfectly worded sentence it often took him three or four to get it right.  Occasionally he got the upper hand and she was left speechless.  As infrequent as they were, those moments where priceless.

He spoke for her ears only "You look lovely as ever Kabria and smell better than a dozen roses.  That scent reminds me of..." The remainder of his words were whispered in her ear.  He fought the urge to kiss her neck.  Her cheeks began to heat ever so slightly and she purposely refrained from looking at him.  To everyone else she possessed that familiar Aes Sedai serenity though he knew otherwise.  "Now me on the other hand.  I have to work at being presentable so I must wash and put on fresh clothes."

“Tonight? I will meet you in the main hall of the Tower.”  The steps to the Tower never seemed far enough away.  The ten minutes or so to reach them from the yards felt like less than a minute whenever he escorted her back.  That was as far as he could go unless he had business inside the Tower.  Only once had he reached her rooms on an errand that he had made up.  The thought made him smile as he recalled the surprised look on her face when he appeared at her door.

The kiss on his cheek made it all worthwhile yet he yearned for more.  She could have kept the sword to get used to the weight yet she returned it to him though sh did keep the scabbard.  Perhaps she could not carry it inside until she was fully trained?  It was only a practice sword with blunted edges but maybe that did not matter.  He eyed her hungrily as she walked up the steps, she would expect him to do so and would take offense if he did not.  One time he had been so engrossed in a book that he failed to look at her.  She had given him a stern look and mentioned that she would be angry with him if he did not look.  Of course it did not take a threat to make him look at her.  She was beautiful and her body was perfectly shaped.  He remember walking into the study and stumbling as his eyes scanned her naked body, her only covering was a book which in truth covered nothing.

Perivar realized that she had long since entered the main entry hall of the Tower.  He stood there like a lovesick puppy thinking of her.  He turned quickly and hurried back to his quarters, he did not have much time to get ready.     

• 1 year later...