DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Best Thing Ever

I love, love my Google desktop. Not only does it have every SINGLE file, email and google search I've ever done indexed, but it has aaaaall these other cool features. The sidebar is awesome. Its got a box for my email accounts, so I can see my email without actually checking my box. I've got a scratch pad for notes. My google calender will pop up with reminders and I can plug RSS feeds into my webclips box. I've got my google chat anchored there, plus I have this hilarious cartoon fishbowl. The blue one keeps turning into Darth Vader and attempting to take over.

So, so awesome. Everyone must get this now.

Honestly, I prefer webmail too. But I'm forced to use Outlook, because my school uses the calender function pretty heavily. I've figured out how to import that into Google at least.

Gah, pain in the left arse cheek.. but eh, what can you do? I guess giggle when their system gets jerked around by a virus or worm 'cause outlook just doesn't cut the cake in that sort of protection (in my less-than-humble opinion).

;D

Pretty much, yeah. Especially since our IT department seems especially incompetant. You know, I can't access any Google webpage from my laptop at school? I can get on through any of the school's desktops, but not through my laptop. But I can still get my emails through my google sidebar Its why I was able to read my email, but not respond during the school year.

Archived