DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Requesting Staff Approval please

Sieve

On 2 things:

1) Need Approval to use Chasing the Darkness thread for Road Trip Req.  As a Tower Guard Perivar travels with Loraine Sedai, Kabria Sedai, and Master Kynwric to the Borderlands.  They are hunting shadowspawn at the moment.  His purpose in this thread is to provide protection and to hopefully prove himself worthy of becoming a Warder.

2) Need approval to recognize a Madu or Singuata as a suitale weapon for the WoT universe.  The discussion is here in this thread though I will post a picture below.  The Madu or Singuata is a small buckler that had either a blade or point extending both above and below the buckler.  The buckler portion is used to block while the blade or point was used for thrusting attacks.

Example of a Singuata

pict71.jpg

edit:

Here is a site that shows both a Madu and a Singuata.

Thanks!

I think it's just a type of bladed buckler. It'd fall under the shield, but judging by where it would be located it seems a tad hard to me to do anything but stab with it in terms of offense. Angular momentum can add up if one of the tips on either end is hit...

@ Talavin - I mentioned it above and provided a link that shows you the size of it.  It is one handed, intended for your off hand so yes you would have another weapon in your main hand.  Most likely you would wield a sword in your main hand though spear has been mentioned as well as a possible companion to it.

@ Jehaine - That is correct, the only attacks of significance would be thrusting attacks.  I have played around with a practice version of one of these and it would be nearly impossible to cut or slash with it.  If you were lucky the only cut you may make is if you get lucky when drawing it back.  So yes it is only for blocking and pokey pokey attacks

@ Eqwina - I will write something up for the armory.  Uhmm as to how he found it I will work on.  It is not such an odd thing that it could have been in a dusty shelf in the Armory.  Otherwise Perivar will travel far and wide top find one somewhere.  ;)

another option is if he finds some kind of plans, or a crappy one, well we have a blacksmith in the Yards.  I'm sure if you find the proper plans and such that she could forge it.  It would be very strange and such, but finding stuff in books could be another option.

another option is if he finds some kind of plans, or a crappy one, well we have a blacksmith in the Yards.  I'm sure if you find the proper plans and such that she could forge it.  It would be very strange and such, but finding stuff in books could be another option.

Perfect, Perivar knows someone who loves books.  Perhaps she will turn him onto such a book.  He will bring it the blacksmith and ask him/her to make one.