DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Power Wrought Swords/weapons

Sieve

Because I am so bored I came across this in the armory page.  It said we had three available.  Do we still have these or have they been discontinued? 

If I remember correctly they are not susceptible to the elements (don't rust), they do not need sharpening, and are supposedly indestructible except if you thrust it into one of the Forsaken or the DO like Rand did.  Basically they are just a novelty item that saves you a little time since there is no maintenance to perform.

seems to me that they're just there to look pretty, but as far as I know we are still allowed to distribute three power wrought weapons as we (the Warders Division Staff) please. *shrug* They don't seem all that valuable to me though- since you don't RP taking care of your sword anyway. It seems like they would only be for status and posible character development purposes.

*shrug* They don't seem all that valuable to me though- since you don't RP taking care of your sword anyway. 

Actually I have done that a few times.  So instead you would go from mentioning how you care for your weapon to mentioning how you don't have to care for it.  I guess we all agree that there is little point to having one.

not necesarily, it's a sign of status IC, and a little bit OOC. You don't hand out power-wrought swords to just anyone ;)

I was not necessarily thinking of it as the White Tower having a stash of Power Wrought weapons that they were handing out.  I was thinking more of inheriting one, similar to how Melenis came about her Grandfather's Ashandarei.  For all anyone knows it could be a power wrought weapon.  Not sure how much sense I am making it is early and I have only had one cup of coffee. 

Edit after I truly woke up:

Being that Perivar lost his sword *eyes Eqwina*, I was thinking of applying for one.  My story was going to be that it (PW Swords) has been in Perivar's family for generations.  Given to them decades ago by the White Tower for their continued loyalty and service.  Perivar would not have had a clue that his father possessed such a sword.  When he finally visited his family sometime in the future and they learned he had become a Warder his father would give him the sword.

I have 2 reservations:

1) Keeping Perivar ordinary in some way shape or form

2) There is not much purpose to possessing one.  It not like Perivar will go walking around "Hey you, look at my cool Power Wrought Sword.  It is virtually indestructible and it never loses its edge.  Would you like to hold it?"  :D 

Yes they are still available.  HOWEVER, one is a tourney reward and it is currently held by someone who doesn't play here atm.  I suppose it's time for another tourney. 

Good stories for why, and a good reason to continue to have one, meaning it has to be used for more than... oh I have one... it needs a reason.  I'm not sure if there is an application up there, but there use to be one on the boards somewhere.  will need to find it and make sure that information is on the website.

Mat

not necesarily, it's a sign of status IC, and a little bit OOC. You don't hand out power-wrought swords to just anyone ;)

I was not necessarily thinking of it as the White Tower having a stash of Power Wrought weapons that they were handing out.  I was thinking more of inheriting one, similar to how Melenis came about her Grandfather's Ashandarei.  For all anyone knows it could be a power wrought weapon.  Not sure how much sense I am making it is early and I have only had one cup of coffee. 

Edit after I truly woke up:

Being that Perivar lost his sword *eyes Eqwina*, I was thinking of applying for one.  My story was going to be that it (PW Swords) has been in Perivar's family for generations.  Given to them decades ago by the White Tower for their continued loyalty and service.  Perivar would not have had a clue that his father possessed such a sword.  When he finally visited his family sometime in the future and they learned he had become a Warder his father would give him the sword.

I have 2 reservations:

1) Keeping Perivar ordinary in some way shape or form

2) There is not much purpose to possessing one.  It not like Perivar will go walking around "Hey you, look at my cool Power Wrought Sword.  It is virtually indestructible and it never loses its edge.  Would you like to hold it?"   :D  

Actually, that's fairly close to what i was thinking of doing. Melenis isn't able to tell a power-wrought sword from a well maintained one, and since she's holding on to it practically all the time there's the possibility that it could be a power-wrought sword since it hasn't been confirmed one way or the other. Just that her grandfather got it from his own father at the time.

Basically, i'd wait until WS 15, apply for permission to get a power-wrought blade and incidentally 'happen' to find out she had had one all along. If not... no sweat, nothing changes and she still has her treasured weapon.