DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Thank You, Captain Obvious!

eclipse0

My office is currently under construction.  We were built a brand new drafting lab, and in the process of moving everything from the old one, I was doing some Spring Cleaning. In the depths of the storage space I discovered a plethora of old triangles and T-squares which we won't need anymore. I did hold onto one rather large triangle though because of the inscription on it.  It had written on it in bright red ink, "This triangle is NOT a square".

I just thought I'd share that with you lot, since it gave me quite a chuckle.

You're sure there's an 'a' in there, and it doesn't simply read "This triangle is NOT square", as in "not 90 degrees"? Perhaps it's slightly malformed, and said malformation caused geometric errors in drafted documents in the past, but money was tight, so they couldn't simply buy a triangle made perfectly right and square, so they kept it for other uses and merely noted that this particular triangle was not square, but could still be used for straight lines and measurements and ninja star practice. Ahem.

I am definitely sure of that. You can tell it originally said what you thought it should, most likely for the reason you said.  Someone definitely added the 'a' in there to be a smart@ss.  The 'a' is squished inbetween the 'NOT' and 'square', and is not evenly spaced with the rest of the words.

Archived