DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Sword Training (open to Soldiers)

Segurant

OOC:  Here is a little training course for the Soldiers in the Black Tower.  Have fun.

IC:

The Soldiers all woke up as a large figure bursted into the room.  He was screaming at everyone to wake up and get out of bed.  "Hurry up and get dressed, you worthless piece of meat.  Grab your practice swords and meet me outside!" the huge man yelled. "And don't try accessing the One Power because as of right now, you can't!"  That last point hit home as several of the Soldiers stared blankly at the man to confirm the truth.  "Come on, meat, let's go already!"

Everyone finally made it outside the barracks.  It was cold out and the sun was just starting to appear on the horizon.  The big burly man stood in front of the Soldiers.  "I am Asha'man Maruuch, and today you are MINE!" he said looking at each and everyone one of the Soldiers present. "Today, you will learn how to use a sword.  You will learn the basic attack and defense.  Later on you will learn more advance techniques and even how to fight with Saidin at your disposal."

A newly arrived Soldier raised his hand.  "Ummm Asha'man Maruuch, I don't know about the rest, but I know how to use a sword.  I learned in the....." The Soldier was cut off as the Asha'man came barrelling towards him. 

"What?  You learned in the Army of your home?" Maruuch said sarcastically.  "Alright, puke, you think you know how to use the sword, attack me."  The Soldier didn't move as the instructor looked at him.  "Well come on, maggot!  If you can beat me, you can go back to bed!" The Soldier finally took a step forward and raised his practice sword.  He advanced with a quick swing to Maruuch's left.  Maruuch simply blocked the swing but with such force, it knocked the Soldier off balance.  The Soldier tried one more swing, but the Asha'man caught his wrist, and forcefully turned the arm.  The Soldier passed out before his practice sword hit the ground. 

Still holding the limp Soldier, Asha'man Maruuch turned his attention back to the other Soldier's.  "As I was saying, you WILL learn the proper techniques in using a sword.  NOW LINE UP!"

OOC:  Okay guys line up and I want to see what your perspective is for Asha'man Maruuch.  I'll post in a couple of days the first lesson.

Geirrin awoke in the barracks as the door boomed open followed by a man shouting for them to get up.  He rubbed the sleep from his eyes as he stared at the huge black coated man.

"Hurry up and get dressed, you worthless piece of meat.  Grab your practice swords and meet me outside!" the huge man yelled. "And don't try accessing the One Power because as of right now, you can't!" Of course he couldn't he thought, he hadn't yet learned, which made him ponder why he was learning the sword and not the power, had he signed the roll book for the wrong division?  He couldn't read after all, whatever the case he certainly was no swordsman? The thought vanished as the man continued to yell.

"Come on, meat, let's go already!"

Following the orders he jumped out of bed hurriedly buttoning his coat as he ran to grab one of the practice swords.  He and a few others reached the barrel that held the practice swords at the same time running into each other.  Each man tried desperately to obey the imposing man's commands as quick as possible.  Some men wore a look of terror on their faces as they glanced at the man hoping not to get called down for being too slow.

Rushing out of the barracks the cold morning air hit him like a bucket of ice cold water.  He stood there in a haphazard line shivering as the big man stood in front of the ragtag group.

"I am Asha'man Maruuch, and today you are MINE!" the man said looking at each and everyone one of the Soldiers present. Geirrin felt like the man's eyes were boring into his soul as his gaze fell on him.

"Today, you will learn how to use a sword.  You will learn the basic attack and defense.  Later on you will learn more advance techniques and even how to fight with Saidin at your disposal." With a visible sigh of relief, Geirrin at least knew he was in the right place at the man's mention of Saidin, the male half of the one power.

Just then one of the soldiers that had arrived with him spoke "Ummm Asha'man Maruuch, I don't know about the rest, but I know how to use a sword.  I learned in the....." The Soldier was cut off as the Asha'man came barrelling towards him.

"What?  You learned in the Army of your home?"Asha'man Maruuch said sarcastically and he knew the soldier was in for it.  Why had the fool opened his mouth? "Alright, puke, you think you know how to use the sword, attack me." The Soldier didn't move as the instructor looked at him.  "Well come on, maggot!  If you can beat me, you can go back to bed!" The Soldier finally took a step forward and raised his practice sword.  "Fool" Geirrin spoke to himself.  The soldier advanced with a quick swing to Maruuch's left.  Maruuch simply blocked the swing but with such force, it knocked the Soldier off balance.  The Soldier tried one more swing, but the Asha'man caught his wrist, and forcefully turned the arm.  The Soldier passed out before his practice sword hit the ground.  As it unfolded Geirrin could feel himself trying to stand straighter, anything so as not to be called down by the huge man.

Still holding the limp Soldier, Asha'man Maruuch turned his attention back to the other Soldier's. "As I was saying, you WILL learn the proper techniques in using a sword.  NOW LINE UP!"

The huge man's voice shook them visibly as they struggled to line up in a manner that was acceptable to the huge man.  He had never seen such looks of terror before and hoped that he did not look as terrified as the others but he was certain that he did.  He stood in line as straight and still as he could manage.

• 4 weeks later...

Joseem dropped the Soldier and returned to his place in front of the rest of the new members.  He smiled as he saw the look of fear coming from all the faces.  He knew they would be attentive.

"Okay, you maggots, you know how to hold a sword, I'll give you that. You're first lesson is a ready stance called Lion on the Hill."

Joseem raised his sword into a ready position.  The sword stood straight with the hilt leveled with his shoulder.  He poised for a few sec before moving the sword to rest closer to the right shoulder and then the left.  "Your sword can be place near either shoulder or held in front of you.  Find a comfortable position and always return to this stance."

"Now practice!"

OOC:  Lesson one holding the sword.

The huge man's voice boomed, it cut right through him.  Geirrin watched as the Asha'man held the sword vertically with with hilt as high as the man's shoulder.  He called this a stance naming it Lion on the Hill.  The Asha'man move the sword from side to side telling them they could either hold it centered on their body or to either side.  They would have to determine which was comfortable to him.

Geirrin practiced the stance, he held the sword centered at first.  Next he moved it to his left each mover it farther to the side.  Then he did the same to the right.  Finally he settled on it being almost centered, he held it a hair to the right which was his dominant hand.

Geirrin saw that some of the others were still trying to find their spot so he continued to practice the stance bringing the sword up to the same spot each time. 

• 2 weeks later...